Billings Cheating Pays Off

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
jr23
Site Admin

Billings Cheating Pays Off

Post by jr23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Sad to see them win. I know that they cheat because I played for them half way through the year. Started practicing a month before everyonelse did, we had like 45 plus guys a practice all the time. They make you feel like if you say anything you will be blackballed from the league. Our Offensive Coor. is a pot smoking fool.. Our QB mister MVP has a cush job and the practice arena, making way to much money. Wait isnt that against the rules to work for the owner of the team. Dosent matter they would of just paid him under the table like a few of the other guys. They have the under the table guys live in the nice places and put the lower guys crammed together. They do so many things illegal its sad to see them win and the league not do anything about it, must be to affraid of the Billings owner sue happy mentallity. Must be nice to win a Championship with a * after it. Trust me I am not bitter went to a great team with great coaches that care about you. Unlike the Billings staff a bunch of avg. players in there days and think they are ballers. Nice win hope your proud. Wonder if the River City owner offered $500 extra if the won how much harder they would play. Bet they would have Won...Peace Out Cheaters

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Hmm, sounds similar to complaints and rumors I've heard about most teams, ArenaBall, IndoorBall, heck NFL.

Let us know where we can send the next shipment of Sour Grapes so you can whip up a new batch of Whine. :o

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:05 am

The IFL may have taken a page out of the CIFL rulebook when it comes to preseason practicing. As far as I'm aware, the CIFL has no set number of preseason practices that are allowed. I never heard if the IFL did, either, so they may not.

Every good team in indoor football pays under the table. It puts a taint on things no more than steroids in baseball (the "yeah, everyone does them, it's a level playing field"). The teams that "follow the rules" are the ones that miss the playoffs (save the Sioux Falls screwjob).

You need to have more than one post before you are taken with any grain of salt. What makes you think any other top team operates differently from this? You're kidding only yourself.
What are you doing here?

jr23
Site Admin

Post by jr23 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:39 am

Thats the problem with fans response. Everyone does it why shouldnt we. Steroids are illegal and incase you havent been watching espn for the past few years players are being suspended and crimanally charged. Thats a stupid and nieve comment. The team I went to made the playoffs and won in the first round. We did not cheat one ounce I gaurantee..
How about this thought everyone recruits plays and gets paid the same. And may the best man win. Honor/Pride/Commitment/Value what happened to that in sports . Now its who ever cheats the most wins..WOW. I will be eating no crow just a well cooked meal of wholesome food and I can sleep at night knowing I play for a team that doesnt cheat the game. Enjoy your tarneshed rings. Reed keep smoking that weed...Peace Out

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 pm

If I were a fan of a team that didn't win the title, I'd only be wondering why not. The IFL isn't going to punish anyone for overpaying players, so apparently the governing body thinks nothing is wrong with it.

Obviously, proof is helpful, too.

All you've proven here is that you're OK with mediocrity. Apparently for most of the true contenders in these leagues, that's not good enough.
Last edited by exit322 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 pm

[quote=""jr23""]How about this thought everyone recruits plays and gets paid the same. And may the best man win. Honor/Pride/Commitment/Value what happened to that in sports . Now its who ever cheats the most wins..WOW. [/quote]

What happened to that in sports?

Are you truly that naive? That went away long before any of us were born.
What are you doing here?

OriginalOutlaw
Site Admin

Stoopid

Post by OriginalOutlaw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 pm

[quote=""jr23""]Thats the problem with fans response. Everyone does it why shouldnt we. Steroids are illegal and incase you havent been watching espn for the past few years players are being suspended and crimanally charged. Thats a stupid and nieve comment. The team I went to made the playoffs and won in the first round. We did not cheat one ounce I gaurantee..
How about this thought everyone recruits plays and gets paid the same. And may the best man win. Honor/Pride/Commitment/Value what happened to that in sports . Now its who ever cheats the most wins..WOW. I will be eating no crow just a well cooked meal of wholesome food and I can sleep at night knowing I play for a team that doesnt cheat the game. Enjoy your tarneshed rings. Reed keep smoking that weed...Peace Out[/quote]

Yore spellchekker is brooke.

Sleep at night knowing you weren't good enough to play on a championship team. Loser.

Rocky
Site Admin

Post by Rocky » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm

I don't know the truth of this, but I do recall being threatened with a lawsuit by the former Outlaws owner (Anderson, I think?) if I didn't stop pointing out he paid under the table.
Q. What is the fastest way to become a millionare?
A. Be a multi-millionare and buy a minor league sports franchies.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:18 pm

[quote=""Rocky""]I don't know the truth of this, but I do recall being threatened with a lawsuit by the former Outlaws owner (Anderson, I think?) if I didn't stop pointing out he paid under the table.[/quote]
Unless you could provide proof in a court of law you were guilty of defamation.

If you had proof the lawsuit threatened wouldn't matter. You probably could have shown him some of your proof and avoided the lawsuit as he slipped YOU some hush money under the table. ;)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Defamation is NOT that easy to prove. It's a pretty tough road because the right to free speech trumps all but the most irresponsible communication. Assuming it wasn't satire or other such protected speech, I believe all Rocky would have to prove is that he had good reason to believe what he said. He wouldn't have to provide a payment paper trail or anything of the sort. There's also the issue of whether the allegedly aggrieved party could prove any damages. Time-consuming and usually pointless and fruitless.

Return to “IFL”