Beef House Cleaning!

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
lrrrhino
Site Admin

Beef House Cleaning!

Post by lrrrhino » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Let the rumors begin! Who is next in line to coach the Beef?? For those who haven't heard, the entire Beef coaching staff has been fired! :o Maybe Russ Francis has some NFL connections! Not sure what needs to change?? :confused: 11-3 this year and 10-4 in 2008! Go undefeated at home all year then lose once again in the 1st round AT HOME, in front of what I think are the MOST loyal fans!!

Offense played well most of the year, but failed to execute when McNear was pressured. Defense played outstanding keeping the team in alot of shoot out, but was vulnerable to the deep ball again and again!

Hopefully this wasn't a knee jerk reaction after a disappointing loss! At least it will give us something to do during the off-season.

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 am

you can bet on this that if the Rage had lost they would be cleaning house too.. Oh wait, they already fired EVERYONE at the Rage. In two years they have gotten rid of everyone. No one is there to run anything and Jeff does not even bother to come to most games and when he is there he does not support anyone. So different from the old owners..They came back for a few games and were asked by players and staff ,when they still had a job, to PLEASE buy the team back.

Yah they got to the championship but most likely will not be around to do it again.

gostlouis
Site Admin

What the?

Post by gostlouis » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 am

[quote=""ragefan""]you can bet on this that if the Rage had lost they would be cleaning house too.. Oh wait, they already fired EVERYONE at the Rage. In two years they have gotten rid of everyone. No one is there to run anything and Jeff does not even bother to come to most games and when he is there he does not support anyone. So different from the old owners..They came back for a few games and were asked by players and staff ,when they still had a job, to PLEASE buy the team back.

Yah they got to the championship but most likely will not be around to do it again.[/quote]

That's really sad to hear. I wasn't aware of any of these issues. Heck, that doesn't even make any sense at all. Building a championship caliber team then purposely firing the entire staff? What are they thinking? Any ideas if it's a money issue? I'd like to have more details if possible as to why this happened.
gostlouis is a proud fan of the:

River City Rascals
St. Louis Phoenix

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:41 pm

It sure points to it being a money issue, but we won't know that until the teams either fold, get sold, or come back as NIFL-style bare bones operations.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 pm

I think it was more the frustration of yet another playoff loss. I've heard no hints of a money issue at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 am

That's my opinion, too. Both of these organizations are well known for playoff futility (as was RCR's former coach R2).

Hopefully Sprowls realize that if the Rage get whooped in Billings, that's not a reflection that they need to make massive changes. At worst, Billings is the second-best team in the sport this year (I don't count AF2, and though Chicago will always get a demerit because they play in the CIFL, they are the best team in indoor football in 2009), and the Rage are pretty lucky to be in this position.
What are you doing here?

Return to “IFL”