Rochester Raiders questions?

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
RaiderNation
Site Admin

Rochester Raiders questions?

Post by RaiderNation » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Now that the Raiders season is over, a few questions moving forward. I know the owners come on here at times and hope they will be willing to share some info. with the fan base.

Will there be a team next year? I know Bob considered putting an AF2 team in Buffalo this year before that league decided on a one year sabbatical. Mac probably can't carry the financial load by himself, so what is the future of the Raiders?

What happened this year personnel wise? Kwynn Walton was playing great, and then just disappeared from the team. Darius Smith doesn't play for many weeks and then starts, and looks bad in a playoff game. Where was Shaw last night? Jimmy Baker was playing DLine early in the year, and like Walton, suddenly disappears. There were others as well. Is this just par for the course for minor league football or were there some internal issues this season?

Is ownership happy with the IFL? Personally, I thought the games were far more competitive and entertaining this year, and unlike the CIFL, every team showed for every game, and there wasn't a Stuebenville situation, where a team showed up for a playoff game with 10 players. I have been to every home game for four years now, and believe this was the best level of football I have seen.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 am

Yes, we were happy with our experience with the Ifl. The level was very competitive. we will be back next year. thanks for your support

fred1965
Site Admin

Post by fred1965 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm

You didn't win your division and you didn't win a home playoff game.

You were just another minor league indoor football team this season. A good team, but nothing to brag about like you've done here on these boards.

Ducej11
Site Admin

Post by Ducej11 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 pm

[quote=""fred1965""]You didn't win your division and you didn't win a home playoff game.

You were just another minor league indoor football team this season. A good team, but nothing to brag about like you've done here on these boards.[/quote]

just out of curiosity, was there a point to this post or was it to rub salt in the wound?

Return to “IFL”