Corpus Christi player slugs Official

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
agqkindaguy
Site Admin

Post by agqkindaguy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I totally agree he should be kicked out of the league or suspended for a number of games. I will say this year is better than last year when it comes to altercations. I think every league from the NBA to the CFL has it's issues with problem children. As far as me I am no kid but a grown man far from a little boy. Football is Football, talk is talk get over it that's what forums are for to place one's opinions here doesn't matter if what I say is right or wrong it's called the freedom of expression if you don't like what I write simply tune me out LOL! I could care less you sound like a bunch of old men huddled around the coffee pot on the rag.....

Askafriend
Site Admin

Ifl

Post by Askafriend » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 am

Anybody want to expand this league to Toronto Canada???We could use indoor football back!!!Long live the Hammerheads!!! :p :eek: :mrgreen:

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:47 am

[quote=""Askafriend""]Anybody want to expand this league to Toronto Canada???We could use indoor football back!!!Long live the Hammerheads!!! :p :eek: :mrgreen: [/quote]
There are reports that the af2 could change its name to the Arena League (and absorb a few AFL teams) for 2010...

If that happens, I don't see why Toronto couldn't try again (though the Ricoh Coliseum might be more realistic)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:46 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]There are reports that the af2 could change its name to the Arena League (and absorb a few AFL teams) for 2010...

If that happens, I don't see why Toronto couldn't try again (though the Ricoh Coliseum might be more realistic)[/quote]
I've heard similar things about the AF2 changing names and perhaps some former AFL teams joining them in 2010. Sounds like the way to go I think. They should change their rules while they are at it, play defense, run the ball, etc.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:43 am

[quote=""preeths""]Of course it's worse. Play the games, that's the number one rule in minor league sports. The IFL has done it, the SIFL has not. The rest is relatively unimportant.[/quote]
We disagree then. Of course it's not worse, you seem to be twisting it to suit you. Walking off the field with a handful of seconds left on the clock is not worse than criminal assault.

Saying play the games makes it sound like they never even showed up.
The games that haven't been played were due to safety issues and have been rescheduled. If they would have played them and someone got seriously injured due to overlooking the gross safety issues you would be saying that was wrong. you can't have it both ways, you must take care of the players and the safety of all involved over playing the game.

One injury under those circumstances could set off a lawsuit that sends the league into bankruptcy, I suppose you think that would be better because the game was played on schedule.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 am

[quote=""preeths""]I cannot believe anyone would seriously disagree with that statement. The key word here is "relatively." Play the games, the rest is relatively unimportant, and that includes starting a game late and a team walking off the field early. I also don't agree that either league is a joke or that either league is problem-free. Both leagues have faced significant challenges, but that doesn't mean you can overlook the fact that first and foremost a league has to play its schedule. It has to provide its product.[/quote]

Your keyword doesn't change anything.
The debate started over the Pirates walking off the fielf with a handful of seconds left, it wasn't about not play a game. Even not playing the game is better than an owner assaulting a visitng player or a player sucker punching an official. Semantics won't chang any of that.

As far as I know all of the games will be played, only the Pirates/Hurricanes have two to makeup, and for good reason. They have a travel team to provide the entire product sold, prettyboy seems confused over that. He still won't admit he was wrong about the AFL never having one - lol

So tell me where these non games are at the end of the season because they are still on the sched. Even if they're never played it's still not as bad as criminal assault.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 am

[quote=""agqkindaguy""]LOL! I'm still here. [/quote]
You are seriously deranged if you think people cared.
[quote=""agqkindaguy""]
I just don't have time to sit here 24 hours a day like yourself monitoring every forum on the web... [/quote]
It's tough to say who you speak of without a quote - DOH!
I don't think there's anyone sitting on the forum 24 hours a day, even the ones who run it. Most of your comments seem to be overly exaggerated.

[quote=""agqkindaguy""]
Get a life[/quote]
Umm, wouldn't you actually need a life to be here, dead men don't type.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 am

[quote=""exit322""]If the IFL permanently suspends this player from playing in its league (and other leagues publicly do the same, but that's not an IFL issue), then they've done enough to remedy this situation. If they don't, then I don't know what to say beyond the IFL proving its total incompetence (yet again).[/quote]

I think it was 2006, A skirmish erupted on the field and a player for the Georgia Force (Nate Coggins) went into it holding his helmet by the face mask. He swung it towards another player and missed, he hit an official upside the head and split it wide open. After he appealed his suspension he ended up with only a 4 game suspension.

One thing going for him, he didn't intentionally layout the official like the corpus player. But he did use a deadly weapon. 4 games wasn't enough.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:15 am

[quote=""agqkindaguy""] As far as me I am no kid but a grown man far from a little boy. [/quote]
Maybe you should try and act like a sensible adult then. Your age doesn't make you an adult. Our actions determine that.
QUOTE=agqkindaguy;118351]
Football is Football, talk is talk get over it that's what forums are for to place one's opinions here doesn't matter if what I say is right or wrong it's called the freedom of expression if you don't like what I write simply tune me out [/QUOTE]
Once again a prettyboykindaguy is wrong. You have no constitutional rights here. You have no guaranteed freedom of expression, all of that is determined and granted by Paul. If he feels someone is out of line he can delete the post and warn you, suspend you, ban you, or whatever else he wants.

We can only be here by the grace of paul - lol
If you go to certain pages or threads just to antagonize, call names or tell people they suck it can be construed as being a Troll. Typically they don't last long.

If you would back up your "Opinions" with some facts or insight it might help.
Just calling names won't cut it.

QUOTE=agqkindaguy;118351]
I could care less you sound like a bunch of old men huddled around the coffee pot on the rag.....[/QUOTE]
There you go with the little kid playground talk again - lol

In your mind, what age is "OLD?"

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:15 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]I think it was 2006, A skirmish erupted on the field and a player for the Georgia Force (Nate Coggins) went into it holding his helmet by the face mask. He swung it towards another player and missed, he hit an official upside the head and split it wide open. After he appealed his suspension he ended up with only a 4 game suspension.

One thing going for him, he didn't intentionally layout the official like the corpus player. But he did use a deadly weapon. 4 games wasn't enough.[/quote]

Totally agree. Four years would probably be OK.
What are you doing here?

Return to “IFL”