Massey Ratings

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
boatrace76
Site Admin

Massey Ratings

Post by boatrace76 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 pm

What's up witht he Massey Ratings? The Fairbanks Grizzlies have by far proved themselves in the IFL. They are still ranked low in the Massey Ratings. Man, what do these guy's have to do to get on top. Well after they beat the Billing Outlaws, we will see how that they rate the Grizzlies after Saturdays' game.

Does anyone esl have anyother thoughts on this? Do you feel that your team is ranked correclty by the Massey Ratings?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Umm, the rating is a computer-based rating. Someone's personal opinion matters not to it.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:55 am

It generally takes 3-4 games for everyone before there's enough data in the system.

GoOutlaws
Site Admin

Post by GoOutlaws » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:45 am

[quote=""boatrace76""]What's up witht he Massey Ratings? The Fairbanks Grizzlies have by far proved themselves in the IFL. They are still ranked low in the Massey Ratings. Man, what do these guy's have to do to get on top. Well after they beat the Billing Outlaws, we will see how that they rate the Grizzlies after Saturdays' game.

Does anyone esl have anyother thoughts on this? Do you feel that your team is ranked correclty by the Massey Ratings?[/quote]

I was looking forward the whole time I was at the game to come take a shot at this post, but after 74-3 it is just too easy.

boatrace76
Site Admin

We shall meet again...

Post by boatrace76 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 am

Yeah 74 - 3...hmmm. I herd there was alot of illegal defense going on from the Outlaws. I also herd your Outlaw Refts dont no the new rules. The rules are very different from UIF.

But the Outlaws will have make the 20 hour trip up to Alaska. Jet lagg is somn else my friend...seeya

GoOutlaws
Site Admin

Post by GoOutlaws » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

When I made that comment I just got home from the game where I had a couple, so I didn't mean to sound like such a smart-a**.

As far as the illegal defense goes, I don't know anything about that rule. And from what I remember the UIF and IFL rules were going to be very similiar. I don't have any proof about that as a IFL rule book search came up empty on the web.

You are right that if it is a rule the Billings refs would be the last to know.

And you are right that it will be different in Alaska. These minor leagues are so tough to win on the road. Last year my Outlaws beat the SC Bandits in Billings by 50 points and the very next week lost by one to SC. Good luck the rest of the year.

nobby1979
Site Admin

Post by nobby1979 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Anyone know why two teams were left off of the ratings?

coachrob6
Site Admin

what

Post by coachrob6 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:39 am

who is this guy :confused:

OriginalOutlaw
Site Admin

Stupid

Post by OriginalOutlaw » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:16 am

The Massey ratings are about as dumb a system I've ever seen. They claim computers, yet logic defies them. Ignore it if you want to maintain an iota of sanity. Yeah, Preeths, I'm back.

Return to “IFL”