Lehigh Applies for IFL Official

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 pm

[quote=""coachrob6""]what's all the fuss about, it's freakin URL address and a temp one at that. i sure hope the owners of this league aren't like these clowns on this talk board, the name Arena Football is patiened on the way the game is played and not just the name "Other people have started their own indoor football minor leagues. These leagues do not technically play arena football or use the name Arena Football which is a registered trademark, because of the patent on the rules (specifically for the rebound nets, and related rules [1]) that Foster obtained in 1990 (which is actually held by Gridiron Enterprises, Inc. of which Foster is one of three partners)." just check out the web site or not,[/quote]

The reason the name isn't patented is because you can't patent a name. It is trademarked however.

SYRFORCE
Site Admin

Beg to differ

Post by SYRFORCE » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:23 pm

You can have all the league structure and higher standards you want, but if the market doesn't support it, then its not going to work. Syracuse is not a good market ... they didn't support minor league hoops or lacrosse, so I doubt indoor football will work.
Well I have to disagree ... the Syracuse Crunch does extremely well and they play in the same facility that the Force will play in. I have already begun securing sponsorship and the vibe I get is that the area is ready and willing to support an indoor football team.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:07 pm

[quote=""SYRFORCE""]Well I have to disagree ... the Syracuse Crunch does extremely well and they play in the same facility that the Force will play in. I have already begun securing sponsorship and the vibe I get is that the area is ready and willing to support an indoor football team.[/quote]
Three words:

AIFL's Syracuse Soldiers.

Need I say more?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm

No, you don't. Luckily, Andrew Haines doesn't own the team.
What are you doing here?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:14 am

[quote=""coachrob6""]what's all the fuss about, it's freakin URL address and a temp one at that. i sure hope the owners of this league aren't like these clowns on this talk board, the name Arena Football is patiened on the way the game is played and not just the name "Other people have started their own indoor football minor leagues. These leagues do not technically play arena football or use the name Arena Football which is a registered trademark, because of the patent on the rules (specifically for the rebound nets, and related rules [1]) that Foster obtained in 1990 (which is actually held by Gridiron Enterprises, Inc. of which Foster is one of three partners)." just check out the web site or not,[/quote]

So anyway, I entered the following post into "Babelfish" and it came out as "you fail."
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

SYRFORCE
Site Admin

Post by SYRFORCE » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Three words:

AIFL's Syracuse Soldiers.

Need I say more?
You dont need to say anymore ... but just know that I am not bringing a team to Syracuse in the same manner that the AIFL did. Even the first couple games the Soldiers had pretty decent attendance. their downfall was that they were rushed into the area .. and no one really knew about them. They did little to no advertising. Well my approach is different. As I mentioned i have already contacted individuals in the Syracuse area and am working on a plan to get the word out and do it year round.

Return to “IFL”