Future of this board??

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:46 am

My uneducated guess is they try to recruit new investors. If they learned from last year's mistakes, they don't try to set up franchises before owners are found. If they didn't, they will try to field ownerless team with similar hilarity.

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:08 am

As for San Diego and the NIFL, there was a release on OSC dated 8/29/07 stating that the San Diego Shockwave will not be returning to the NIFL. After a successful inaugural season, the San Diego Shockwave franchise will sit out the 2008 season and wait for a West Coast division of a national indoor league to develop. The Shockwave ownership may invest in an established team that is part of the league the Shockwave is considering being a part of when they return in 2009.

I could be wrong, but I thought they were interested in buying in to a UIF franchise.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:12 am

I doubt the UIF is interested in them.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 pm

The Shockwave owners conducted the business of the franchise very well. Despite being saddled with a terrible lease, my information indicates they paid all their bills and would have been back next year if not for the aforementioned lease and lack of an affordable league presence anywhere near them. My guess is that a lot of leagues would welcome the Shockwave ownership with open arms.

Return to “NIFL”