And Then There Was One......

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:01 am

[quote=""GTDREW""]GG88, don't take anything away from these two teams. We can't help what happened to the league. I agree that it's not the Super bowl, but it's about as close as it gets for the Guard and Cavs this year. I know where your heart is and would have liked to have seen things from a different point of view, just enjoy the game and pull for the team. F'ville has already seen the Fireants win what some would say was nothing, and the Swampdogs are doing well, let these guys have their moment in the sun or should I say in the spot light. Hope to see you there and as always GO GUARD!!!!, like I should be telling you that, one of the biggest fans F'ville has on it's side.[/quote]
I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but the truth is, I just can't bring myself to celebrate this as a championship, because it isn't. Yes, I will be rooting for the Guard as always. And I'll be happy if we win, especially against a tough team like Wyoming. But it's just not a championship. Whoever wins should take it like this: celebrate the fact that you beat a worthy opponent, be relieved that the dark days of the NIFL are officially over and that you made it through them, and look forward to 2008, when things will be so much better. That's how I'm going to take it. Again, I'm not trying to rain on the parade or anything. I'm just trying to get everyone to realize why this shouldn't be celebrated as a championship.

Why do you say the FireAntz' title was nothing? Yes, their league is small, but it's an organized league with organized teams. That was monumental for Fayetteville... it ended a half-decade long drought. I can only hope that the Guard has their chance in 2008, but we know how talented they are, so I like our chances.

And yes, I will be there... got the tickets today. I look forward to being back at the Crown and watching an exciting football game against a tough team. Forgive me for line-stealing, but... as always, go Guard! :)

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:52 am

'88, I guess we agree on some points and I understand where you are coming from. Next year will be better, just enjoy the moment. BTW, I think the Fireantz was a great thing, just that others would say things like that not me. Hope to see you at the Crown. Drew.

gridirontime
Site Admin

Post by gridirontime » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:53 am

[quote=""guardnoize""]With due respect, you are wrong. Not the Guard's fault...You can't complain how the league operates, then complain that the owner GETS OUT OF IT TOO. If it's not a championship, why buy tickets to this "regular" game and not any of the others this year--does not compute. But you are welcome as always by me.

GN[/quote]

Come on RightGuard! You go because you love the game and your team! How could even ask such a stupid question.
But still you won no championship just another game, it's just that plain and simple!

Now look I'm in the house house of of painnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
complete with the echooooo!

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Okay... let me clear things up here. The reason I haven't been around this season is because of a couple reasons. First, in the early part of the season, I was unhappy with the decision to stay in the NIFL. That left a pretty sour taste in my mouth, because I just knew we'd be in a different league this season, and I was really looking forward to that. Once the whole NIFL takeover happened, I was pleased and thought things were going to turn around. Well, it was a start, but not a whole lot changed. Teams were still not showing up, and the worst part of all was the insanely high blowouts. Look, I want to see the Guard win just as much as anyone... you all know that (especially if you saw me last night... not being in the front row didn't keep down my enthusiasm). And we've had some blowout wins in our history. But none like the ones seen this season. I honestly wouldn't feel right going to a game in which my team won with scores like 91-6 and 108-0. That's just not right. Get 80 to get the wings for everyone, but then take your foot off the pedal and ease up. Throughout all of this, let me make it clear that I never had any hate towards the Guard at any time. I'd never feel like that. I was just kind of disappointed with how things were going... it wasn't right. Thank goodness that it's all in the past, though. I am looking forward to 2008 more than anyone else here. It's so exciting to know that we'll be in a stable league with lots of other teams to compete against, without having to worry about any replacement teams, cancelled games, and all the other BS that we had to deal with in the NIFL. Plus, the teams are pretty close, so that means a ton of opportunities to make trips to road games. So get ready AIFA... the Guard's coming. :D

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:58 pm

'88, you and GN have good points, but now that it's over with, and when you both unite in the fight, look out AIFA. Looking foward to next year myself, I hope I can be there as much as this year.

AS ALWAYS GO GUARD!!!!!!!

Drew.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

questions to ponder

Post by jimbo32712 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:45 pm

As people hash out who woulda beat who in the NIFL. I find myself wondering. How does the quality of play compare in all these leagues vs each other. Which league is best? With the AIFA, UIF, WIFL, Intense, and yes even the NIFL. And I know there are a few others too ya ya ya.. We all know the level of play in the AFL is a notch or two higher. But how about AF2? How about WIFL vs UIF? NIFL vs AIFA? Just one of things you just cant tell. We almost need a BCS computer or something like they have in College. I can say this..In time The WIFL probably can and will have superior on field play and attract the top talent in the Southeast on this level. Why you ask? Several reasons...1)money ..Player make more than in other leagues..And even more for a win and the franchise player gets even more. 2) Less travel..Less teams and the shorter travel times between cities means more time and home with friends and family and less time in a bus. 3) Paychecks come on time and do not bouce. I know alot of leagues are doing well with this though. 4) Also games get played on time and as schueduled against the teams they are supposed to be played with proper insurance and emergency crews standing by at the venue.
Well ok mostly 1 and 2 will attract the players. I dont think they think much about 4.
Last edited by jimbo32712 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NIFL”