Indoor fan=Shriver+Gary

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:49 pm

I believe Mr. Diggler is talking about the AIFA championship game....A game that did actually happen.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

gridirontime
Site Admin

Post by gridirontime » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:55 pm

[quote=""gonzo13""]I believe Mr. Diggler is talking about the AIFA championship game....A game that did actually happen.[/quote]

PLease let him answer then!

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:05 pm

You missed the point, you two are talking about two different things, so your question is pointless, but I'll back track and try to get you up to speed....

You keep refering to the league that the Guard is moving to as the AIFL, Dirk corrected you by pointing out that the league is called the AIFA, he then goes on to state that the AIFA played a championship game, which is more than the NIFL did this season, with no mention of the Guard/Cavs game.

You then proceeded to ask him what championship the Guard and the Cavalry played for, but that wasn't the point he was trying to make. If you go back in this thread to his ealier post you will find that he said he doesn't care who won what, or what it was called.

Geeze, that's two minutes of my life that I can never get back....
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:06 pm

Here's my question(s):

Was San Diego working with the league when the supposed playoff game with Wyoming was being bartered?

If so, did the Laytons find out?

I wouldn't have done anything in association with Cleveland Gary or Carolyn Shiver. I do not blame anyone else for having the same stance. Having Jamie LaMunyon on the SD staff had to be a tipoff to the other viable teams in this fracas.

Never mind that San Diego was, in effect, looking for more than half the gate to travel to Casper... an obvious sign that they were no shrinking violets in the games being played in the boardrooms. I figure that if SD really had the money, the game with Tri would have been pulled off.

Yes, the whole situation sucks, and would be a fitting end to the NIFL if the boot heel can actually make substantial contact with the cockroach.

gridirontime
Site Admin

Post by gridirontime » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:30 am

[quote=""Pounder""]Here's my question(s):

Was San Diego working with the league when the supposed playoff game with Wyoming was being bartered?

I wouldn't have done anything in association with Cleveland Gary or Carolyn Shiver. I do not blame anyone else for having the same stance. Having Jamie LaMunyon on the SD staff had to be a tipoff to the other viable teams in this fracas.

Never mind that San Diego was, in effect, looking for more than half the gate to travel to Casper... an obvious sign that they were no shrinking violets in the games being played in the boardrooms. I figure that if SD really had the money, the game with Tri would have been pulled off.

Yes, the whole situation sucks, and would be a fitting end to the NIFL if the boot heel can actually make substantial contact with the cockroach.[/quote]

You know it trully is unfortunate that we the fans will probably never find out the truth on what really happened in this situation. Yes the the situation does suck and thats the problem, people should of worked out a deal along time ago instead of a week or two prior! Since all partys involved knew well a head of time that the league was in trouble someone should of made a suggestion in a way that would benifited all three teams.

Thats where San Diego fans have the issue, we felt like we were left out of the deal and by all rights should of been involved in this game. Forget who's fault I believe there is enough fault to pass along to everyone involved even San Diego. So Please understand thats the true problem here.

How would of Wyoming felt if it were them?

How would Fayettville felt if it were them?
:(

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Post by GoCavs1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:37 am

[quote=""gridirontime""]

How would of Wyoming felt if it were them?

:( [/quote]

Well for me honestly knowing what the NIFL has become for the past few years I probably would have shrugged it off. But I do empathize with a team and fans that have no or very little knowledge of the facts behind this league. I know the players here I can say were frustrated all year with the crap that happened. Some bolted for the UIF and no one blamed them These guys want to play and make it to the next level and you can't do that wishing you had a game to play. For San Diego I feel your pain my only problem is the directing it to 2 teams and thier fans. While the 2 people who need to be hanged are getting off pretty much scott free.

bonkers
Site Admin

Post by bonkers » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:17 am

It doesnt matter to me what championship the trophy represents if any.
Winning a NIFL championship means less than a pee wee championship.
I dont have team in this race. I live in a small city but reading the
soap opera of the NIFL is very entertaining. The Guard and Cavs put on a great game which is what fans want and I DONT THINK THEY WANTED A TROPHY WITH nifl ON IT ANY WHERE.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:33 pm

[quote=""gridirontime""]Thats where San Diego fans have the issue, we felt like we were left out of the deal and by all rights should of been involved in this game.[/quote]

You were left out of the deal BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL PART OF THE NIFL! If you want to claim the NIFL Championship, then arrange a game against the next best NIFL team. If there's not one, then you're SOL. But Fayetteville and Wyoming are not to blame for not including San Diego. And since neither Fayetteville, nor Wyoming are a part of the NIFL anymore, and San Diego is, any so-called "championship game" between either of the two would have been just as meaningless as you claim that the Wyoming/Fayetteville game was.

Just get over it and move on. It's water under the bridge.

The voice of truth
Site Admin

Post by The voice of truth » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:36 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Here's my question(s):

Yes, the whole situation sucks, and would be a fitting end to the NIFL if the boot heel can actually make substantial contact with the cockroach.[/quote]

Maybe this will answer a few of your questions. Note that King said he would have been willing to play San Diego -- and still is -- but that CS and CG wanted 15 percent of the gate for allowing it to happen. Sorry folks. You sleep with the devil, you're going to get burned. Here's the link:

http://www.fayobserver.com/article_arch ... ,and,Guard

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:53 pm

In the past, the league has never collected money from a game. The fact that they would want to start this year is outrageous.

As a matter of fact, the league is supposed to fund the travel for the visiting team during a "championship" game - digging into their massive bank account. :rolleyes:

A request like that is further ammunition to justify breaking the no-compete portion of the Team/League agreement

Return to “NIFL”