Indoor fan=Shriver+Gary

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
gaurdlaw
Site Admin

Post by gaurdlaw » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:57 am

indoor fan,
The San Diego Chargers are a proud franchise, and have represented their city well in the nation's premiere sports league. No need to insult the reigning AFC West Champs! The 4000 people in SD who actually have heard of the NIFL will be proud no doubt, but give me a break. You're posts get more pathetic each day. Yes SD will be the official champs, but come on......no playoffs, no championship game scheduled, no opponent for said game, throwing the other legitimate teams out of the league. Again, do you work for the NIFL?

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:11 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]Well Gonzo, unfortunatly there is nothing you can do to prevent the crowning of the 2007 NIFL Champions. This should take place in a couple of weeks in San Diego. Hopefully, the Shockwave can win the title. San Diego has suffered enough with what the Chargers have put them through. They need to bring a professional football championship to San Diego.[/quote]

So let the Shockwave trounce some 10th rate semi-pro team and give them a Burger King Crown. Just remember to read the rules on the back, if the crown hits the floor, somebody else can say 1,2,3-KING and then they get to wear it.

I just don't want anybody to think this might be a real championship.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

gridirontime
Site Admin

Post by gridirontime » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]Right now I'm sure that San Diego is focused on winning the 2007 NIFL Championship. The Shockwave are looking to bring the city of San Diego their first professional football championship since the 1963 AFL Chargers.

Then they can decide if throwing $800,000 into the wind just to join the AF2 is worth it. How many more fans will show up just because it's AF2? Can you say Riptide?[/quote]

Now how could you throw the RIPTIDE into this! As a Season ticket holder of the RIPTIDE for every year it was not the AFL that killed them it was the Coaching staff that came from Wichita (Stealth) I can't remember the dorks name who took over the last year. When a coach doesn't understand the game nor his players as this staff did that's what killed the RIPTIDE.

When you don't fill the seats and you play in a run down building as they did people will not show up. Realize that this is San Diego and unlike some of you we still play other professional sports here. At the same time as these Indoor league are playing we have MLB in a new ballpark with exciting players and they are winning.

As Kevin Costner realized so shall everyone if you build it and maintain it they will come, but if you don't put the product on the field they'll do something else. Well at least here in the 8th largest city in the nation. Again this is San Diego~ Not Hicksville USA!

So if the SHOCKWAVE do play a game that will be called the title game I'm sure that Mr. Sprowls will do everything in his power to put people on the seats. After all he made it this far! and seems to be only 1 or 5? to still be around and paying all his bills.

Also please quit calling Tri Valley a semipro team, how is it their fault that the league fell apart and they had no one to play or a place to play?
And if you still insist on calling them that then really aren't you really saying that the whole indoor league whether its the NIFL, WIFL, AIFL, UIFL, or even AFL2 are semipro players? They obiviously aren't playing for the $250.00 are they? Or is it for the Love of the game? You think about it!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD TOUCHDOWN (riptide) I MEAN SHOCKWAVE! :mrgreen:

UNLogger
Site Admin

Post by UNLogger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:06 am

GT -

I think the reason individuals have referred to Tri-Valley, amongst other teams including the current incarnation of Greensboro, as semi-pro is because these teams are now full of players who can't normally make it on a legitimate indoor football teams roster. They play in a semi-pro league in their area, usually an outdoor league, and have been brought in specifically as fill-ins for the real players who have quit or left previously. They are literally semi-pro football players filling in. They definitely play for the love of the game because in their original leagues they usually have to pay for the ability to play, not get paid.

UNLogger
Aaron

[quote=""gridirontime""] Also please quit calling Tri Valley a semipro team, how is it their fault that the league fell apart and they had no one to play or a place to play?
And if you still insist on calling them that then really aren't you really saying that the whole indoor league whether its the NIFL, WIFL, AIFL, UIFL, or even AFL2 are semipro players? They obiviously aren't playing for the $250.00 are they? Or is it for the Love of the game? You think about it!

[/quote]

nksports
Site Admin

The way it should end

Post by nksports » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:41 am

Here's what should happen in the final NIFL Indoor Bowl. Tri Cities or Tri Valley or Try Valley or whoever it is should be made up of every thug and miscreant in NIFL history.
During the inevitable melee, a Shockwave player should start doing a striptease.
(sorry, did anyone here ever see "Slapshot")

dhstatman
Site Admin

Post by dhstatman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 am

TV Ranchers had a lot of local players from semi-pro teams... namely the NorCal Lawmen of the Gold Coast Football League. A few others for some other local clubs. http://www.lawmenfootball.org/

Albert Higgs at one point was signed by TV, however chose wisely when he found out they wanted him to work for nothing (or next to nothing).

It is idiotic for people to sit there and say "our guys are professional football players" and then call out local semi-pro players and call them something less. Where do you draw this line... getting paid, playing indoors, or playing for 'your team'? I think it was the Tallahassee players who were'nt getting paid (maybe Lakeland) in the AIFA, yet successful club.

What does that mean... "Some of these guys couldn't make it on an Indoor football roster". You need to realize that these outdoor 'semi-pro players' could very well say the same about these guys playing on a 50-yard field losing 108-6, rather than playing on a 100-yard field, with full NFL rules. I am the biggest Indoor Football fan out there, but give these players their respect.

While TV is not what I had in mind as an opponent for SD for this make-shift Championship game, clearly they are the best available team that is left. Obviously assembling a team doesnt make sense, and it is clear we won't get to see FAY or WYO. Perhaps SD can float $10,000 to Jim Terry for a matchup between them and the MV Hitmen ;)

If they are going to play this game, great for SD fans - please win the game, get it over.

I just think this topic has been beaten to death. Yes, it is entertaining, but don't attack any of the teams for trying to get one last game in to make this season from hell have some sort of reward in the end.

Fayetteville, Wyoming and San Diego - find your new leagues.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 pm

The Port Huron of Michigan Pirates of Flint are another successful, yet unpaid, team.
What are you doing here?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:07 pm

[quote=""dhstatman""]TV Ranchers had a lot of local players from semi-pro teams... namely the NorCal Lawmen of the Gold Coast Football League. A few others for some other local clubs. http://www.lawmenfootball.org/

Albert Higgs at one point was signed by TV, however chose wisely when he found out they wanted him to work for nothing (or next to nothing).

It is idiotic for people to sit there and say "our guys are professional football players" and then call out local semi-pro players and call them something less. Where do you draw this line... getting paid, playing indoors, or playing for 'your team'? I think it was the Tallahassee players who were'nt getting paid (maybe Lakeland) in the AIFA, yet successful club.

What does that mean... "Some of these guys couldn't make it on an Indoor football roster". You need to realize that these outdoor 'semi-pro players' could very well say the same about these guys playing on a 50-yard field losing 108-6, rather than playing on a 100-yard field, with full NFL rules. I am the biggest Indoor Football fan out there, but give these players their respect.

While TV is not what I had in mind as an opponent for SD for this make-shift Championship game, clearly they are the best available team that is left. Obviously assembling a team doesnt make sense, and it is clear we won't get to see FAY or WYO. Perhaps SD can float $10,000 to Jim Terry for a matchup between them and the MV Hitmen ;)

If they are going to play this game, great for SD fans - please win the game, get it over.

I just think this topic has been beaten to death. Yes, it is entertaining, but don't attack any of the teams for trying to get one last game in to make this season from hell have some sort of reward in the end.

Fayetteville, Wyoming and San Diego - find your new leagues.[/quote]

Very true. Scroll down any WIFL, AIFA, UIF, APFL, IFL and even AF2 roster and you will find that many players, if not more than half, have played semi pro football at one time or another.

After college, players are 24 or 25 years old and have maybe not been able to make a NFL, CFL or Arena league team. They continue to play at the semi pro level to keep in shape and maybe get a shot at the lower level indoor leagues or any new professional outdoor leagues. Remember, the difference from making an NFL or CFL roster can be as little as a 4.4 or 4.5 forty time.

So for any nimrod on here to trying and blame the players and coaches for wanting to play, obviously has no clue about this level (profesional indoor) of football.

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm

[quote=""gridirontime""]As a Season ticket holder of the RIPTIDE for every year it was not the AFL that killed them it was the Coaching staff that came from Wichita (Stealth) I can't remember the dorks name who took over the last year. When a coach doesn't understand the game nor his players as this staff did that's what killed the RIPTIDE.[/quote]

My question is; who hired this guy? That is where the responsibility lies.

gridirontime
Site Admin

Post by gridirontime » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 pm

[quote=""AllAces""]My question is; who hired this guy? That is where the responsibility lies.[/quote]

In the last year of the RIPTIDE John Runyon was the majority owner, but I'm not sure that he was responsible for the hiring. I believe the GM was from Wichita in the past and brought this guy in.

Realize that we had Mouse Davis the year before and had a great year and missed the playoffs on the last game of the season. To many injuries that year.
You all know Mouse right? The inventor of the run and shot offense.

As you see though it's not just about the league you play in, it is the entire team from the front office to the players and the owner who are ultimately responsible for the exsistance of the franchise. That's why we the SHOCKWAVE fans are passionate about our team we have all these in place now for a successful year, And did so. So why not fight for this we feel so strong about?

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD TOUCHDOWN SHOCKWAVE! :mrgreen:

Return to “NIFL”