will the guard actually be traveling to the pelicans this week????

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
chef hardy
Site Admin

will the guard actually be traveling to the pelicans this week????

Post by chef hardy » Mon May 07, 2007 5:18 pm

with money issues going on with the pelicans will they even be willing to host the guard this week or decide to boycott until there paid? anybody have a clue if ths game will go off or will the guard have to wait to try and go 6-0 at home the following week?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon May 07, 2007 5:20 pm

I don't believe the Green Cove/Jacksonville team has a venue, much less turf, dasher pads, etc.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:04 pm

There's probably a middle school field somewhere to play on, and I'm sure someone has some sort of paint to make lines.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 am

I doubt there will be a game this week at all. If J'ville is truly out then stay out, count the rest of their scheduled games as forfeits or the games they completed should be wiped clean from the W and L columns for other teams.

I am not sure of the rules in the league but that's my opinion. The same thing should happen to all the teams that drop out to include those out West. Yes, CAVS FAN I am saying you probably have about a 12-0 record should that happen because of the teams from Colorado.

Anyhow, something needs to happen and not keep the Guard hanging, but then again they might already know which school to show up at. It's indoor and should be played as such with the right equipment. Cincy's venue was horrible from what I heard for anything other than Hockey, but it was indoors and they are at least trying up there.

BTW, look at the NIFL site, it appears that if a venue has been secured there is a time for the game, otherwise it's just scheduled.

Remember, GO GUARD!!!!!!!

revfan
Site Admin

Post by revfan » Tue May 08, 2007 1:26 am

I have petitioned the league to penalize the Guard if they do not make the trip this week. This should count as a loss, dropping them into a tie for first place with the Revolution. I am waiting for C. Gary to return my phone call.

The voice of truth
Site Admin

Post by The voice of truth » Tue May 08, 2007 2:15 am

The Guard got the word today. Green Cove/Jacksonville is no longer in existence. Alternative plans for Saturday are in the process of being made. If no team can be found to play the Guard, then they'll just get the week off. The first of many, I'm afraid.

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:18 am

Pretty amazing that in almost 2½ seasons of being in the NIFL, this will be the Guard's first forfeit win. It was bound to happen sometime.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:19 am

So you're saying it makes more sense to travel all the way there and not have a place to play, than to just stay home if the other team isn't going to be there anyway? I am not saying that we should just forfeit for no reason, but if the home team isn't going to be there, then the traveling team shoudn't be penalized if they do not drive down there for nothing.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:23 am

My previous response to directed at Revfan.

Now that word has officeially ben given that they will not be playing in GC/Jax, I knew it was a possibility. One of the players told me after Sat's game that this week would probably be a bye for them. I guess it is still a possibility that another team will be rounded up to play, but it really is a shame that we can't get through a season with the full compliment of scheduled games, agains real teams.

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Wyoming wants you!!!

Post by GoCavs1 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:56 am

Send em to Wyoming and lets have a real game!! We are suppossed to play Colorado Springs.. WHich all the news here says Colorado is a done deal. I want real action win or loose. It would be a game to talk about and get some real football talk goin on here instead of the drama and all the crap going on

Return to “NIFL”