The truth about, CG,CS, and the NIFL

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
OneBetter
Site Admin

Post by OneBetter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:09 pm

[quote=""hawkeye""]After reading this entire thread I feel like I wasted my time. No offense to Magic and others who gave great information...but to the owners of these teams that aren't league owned...I don't feel sorry for any of you. The writing was on the wall last season. I do hope all of you land on your feet in a legit league in your respective regions.

This is a HUGE reason why my site (http://www.indoorfootballfan.com) does not cover the NIFL. Granted the "soap opera" may bring in more fans, it may bring in more attention, but it also brings something to indoor football that indoor football doesn't need. Another HUGE black eye.

So when is someone going to file suit against these bozos? I'm guessing probably never because financially no one is going to keep up with CS's money.

I would never wish harm on anyone of these players. Please protect yourselves and your futures. I know all of you have dreams and are looking for a shot but the NIFL IS NOT the place to do it.

Good luck to all the fans, coaches, players, and ownership groups taken in by these two degenerates.[/quote]

Your website has the NIFL logo at the top of it.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:15 pm

[quote=""hawkeye""]After reading this entire thread I feel like I wasted my time. No offense to Magic and others who gave great information...but to the owners of these teams that aren't league owned...I don't feel sorry for any of you. The writing was on the wall last season. I do hope all of you land on your feet in a legit league in your respective regions.

This is a HUGE reason why my site (http://www.indoorfootballfan.com) does not cover the NIFL. Granted the "soap opera" may bring in more fans, it may bring in more attention, but it also brings something to indoor football that indoor football doesn't need. Another HUGE black eye.

So when is someone going to file suit against these bozos? I'm guessing probably never because financially no one is going to keep up with CS's money.

I would never wish harm on anyone of these players. Please protect yourselves and your futures. I know all of you have dreams and are looking for a shot but the NIFL IS NOT the place to do it.

Good luck to all the fans, coaches, players, and ownership groups taken in by these two degenerates.[/quote]

And your site covers the APFL???? This makes your site Bogus. Chaotic or not, the NIFL is an indoor football league this year.

hawkeye
Site Admin

Post by hawkeye » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:43 pm

[quote=""OneBetter""]Your website has the NIFL logo at the top of it.[/quote]

It won't after the season is over. I am not a "web designer"...and the redesign will not be happening until July. We do have some NIFL talk over on the forums but I tried to talk to the NIFL about coverage...and for the past two seasons they have shunned us. There are logos that should be up that aren't...we're working on it :)
Visit http://www.indoorfootballfan.com - a fan site built by fans for fans!

hawkeye
Site Admin

Post by hawkeye » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:47 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]And your site covers the APFL???? This makes your site Bogus. Chaotic or not, the NIFL is an indoor football league this year.[/quote]

Do you have a clue about the APFL? Because to say the APFL is below the NIFL is like saying that AlQuida is braver than our troops. With the APFL you at least know what you're getting. At least there aren't lies about 20+ franchises that don't really exsist. At least we don't have to hear about how players are having to "donate" 40$ of each check back to the league.

Chaotic is not the word to describe the NIFL. Scam is the more appropriate word.

And as far as IFF being bogus...you have a right to your opinion. It's not for everyone. Nor did I say that to compare IFF to OSC or any other site. Paul and I have a good relationship and we both fill a nitche. And I think both of us see what's really going on in the NIFL.

Stephanie Fisher
Site Admin

Post by Stephanie Fisher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:02 pm

[quote=""Semi-Pro Source""]Stephanie Fisher what made you come out and tell the truth?
are you no longer affiliated with CG, CS or the NIFL?[/quote]

Like I have stated before, I am committed to people being informed. I feel that I have valuable information that needs to be shared in order for individuals to make their own educated decision. I know that when I was serving in the capacity as Director of Operations for the expansion teams, I was insuring that all the proper steps and measures were taken. Granted, I was privileged to a lot of behind the scenes issues, but at the end of the day, I knew the true story. I dealt with matters on a minute-by-minute basis. At no point did I EVER LIE to anyone. I may have not shared everything surrounding an issue that I had the facts to back-up, but I never lied to cover up anything.

As of today, I have not spoken to CG or CS for the past two weeks. I do stay very informed of what is going on with the NIFL. I built a very good professional relationship with a lot of people, including vendors, that have put a lot of energy and time away from their family's in order to make the NIFL successful. But the bottom line is, in order for these teams to make it, it takes MONEY. And in my opinion, the financing needed just simply is NOT there. You can not operate 17 indoor teams successfully without the proper funding. That is why teams still don't have equipment, turf, dasher boards, insurance and footballs. All of theses items are critical and needed in order to play the game. I wouldn't even talk about the extras like transportation, housing and don't forget the paychecks.
Last edited by Stephanie Fisher on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo

coachld
Site Admin

Post by coachld » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:19 pm

I can understand why you would not cover the NIFL but I am thankful for Paul and OSC for providing this message board. If not for OSC, I might have been dumb enough to give the NIFL a go...I had two offers to play but after reading through the message board, I passed on those offers. I think this message board may also be one of the tools neccessary to bring the NIFL down. People may not be willing to file lawsuits but hopefully the law gets involved, especially in regards to the insurance issue.

hawkeye
Site Admin

Post by hawkeye » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:33 pm

Amen to that. And Paul has some great inside info on the NIFL and Paul has been around the game for as long as anyone.

The NIFL used to be it. Now the NIFL has turned to *expletive*.

Tina Johnson has to be rolling in her grave right now. The good times are gone.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 pm

[quote=""hawkeye""]Do you have a clue about the APFL? Because to say the APFL is below the NIFL is like saying that AlQuida is braver than our troops. With the APFL you at least know what you're getting. At least there aren't lies about 20+ franchises that don't really exsist. At least we don't have to hear about how players are having to "donate" 40$ of each check back to the league.

Chaotic is not the word to describe the NIFL. Scam is the more appropriate word.

And as far as IFF being bogus...you have a right to your opinion. It's not for everyone. Nor did I say that to compare IFF to OSC or any other site. Paul and I have a good relationship and we both fill a nitche. And I think both of us see what's really going on in the NIFL.[/quote]

I guess you could fill us in about last years APFL Championship game on the APFL board here. Oh, the APFL does not have a board on here because it's semi pro.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:46 pm

The APFL is far from semi-pro. They may not have it all together when it comes to the PR side of things, at least coming from the league level. But they are certainly a legitimate minor professional indoor football league. With the exception of the Ft. Worth franchise, they seem to be doing OK so far this season.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:58 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]I guess you could fill us in about last years APFL Championship game on the APFL board here. Oh, the APFL does not have a board on here because it's semi pro.[/quote]
Not true. The APFL isn't covered here because Paul hasn't gotten information about the league from the league. Like what phydeaux said, they don't have things right on the PR side.

You figure the name American Professional Football League would have tipped you off that it isn't semi-pro.

Return to “NIFL”