The truth about, CG,CS, and the NIFL

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Stephanie Fisher
Site Admin

Insurance SCAM!!!

Post by Stephanie Fisher » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Below are the emails that I received from Carolyn Shiver regarding payroll and insurance. The first email dated Thursday, March 29 had the se_eployee_app_2007.pdf attached to it. It seemed very odd that the cover letter within the document was dated February 2005. Denver & LA were both instructed that these documents had to be filled out prior to playing their games that weekend.

Then Friday morning March 30th I received new enrollment forms. The pdf attached with that email is named sci_appt.pdf. This package was sent to all coaches to have their players complete.

I have personally spoken with a representative at SCI and have forwarded them all of this documentation. At this point NO CONTRACT HAS BEEN SIGNED WITH SCI. From what has been explained to me, is that this paperwork is ONLY FOR PAYROLL PURPOSES ONLY. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH WORKMAN'S COMP INSURANCE or ANY TYPE OF MEDICAL COVERAGE!

The PDF's are too large to attach to this post, but anyone who would like to see them please feel free to contact me at stephaniehfisher@cs.com. I would be more than happy to share them with you.

I am just trying to protect the innocent players and coaches who think that they have medical coverage for injuries.

Stephanie Fisher

Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:12 PM
To: niflweb@cs.com
Subject: Fwd: Application
Attachment: se_eployee_app_2007.pdf

This application is to cover the players for Workman's comp insurance. You do not need to call the company. You need to only fax these completed back to Palm Beach 561-640-3338 before 9:00 Eastern time tomorrow.

Any player not filling out this application cannot play.

--

Carolyn Shiver
President, National Indoor Football League

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 8:47 AM
To: niflweb@cs.com
Subject:
Attachment: sci_appt.pdf

Steph

Attached is the paperwork I need the coaches to have the players fill out. I will talk to the payroll service and determine the proper fees and let you know about the $40 thing as soon as I have an extra minute.

I am sorry to change the forms, but the payroll service is making the better choice for the players and we need to follow them.

If they filled out the other forms, we still need these done. Please send these forms and not the other forms.

Also, remember you need to have the forms completely filled out. Skipping a signature or line will make their insurance ineffective and will make it their fault that they are not covered. They are responsible for getting every form completed.

--

Carolyn Shiver
President, National Indoor Football League

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems someone needs to hire one and file an emergercy injunction against the league (it could either be done in a state where the league has operations of federal court) and league-operated teams to have them halt operations immediately.
The EIFL already had a player seriously injured without the league carrying proper insurance. It shouldn't happen again.

Then again (not that I'm actually hoping for a player to get hurt), maybe if things go on like this, CS and CG might get picked up and jailed.

Magic
Site Admin

CG & CS are quite a team

Post by Magic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm finding humor in all of this mess.....as you can see, they (Carol Shiver and Cleveland Gary) tried to lie and say that there was insurance. Please call the above #'s and find out the real truth. One other # for you guys: Ralph @ PEO Professionals.....he can tell you alot more detailed that there has never been insurance from the beginning. (xxx)880-2336 He's based in Florida.

On another note, I've just been informed about the upcoming game with Atlanta vs. Greensboro. It has been arranged that if the Atlanta Thoroughbreds don't play on Saturday @ Greensboro, Cleveland has agreed to send a semi-pro team from Tennesse to play this game. The team is owned by Chris Carter, the same guy associated with Jamie Lemounyan, of the Tennesse Riversharks and Montgomery Maulers, and now in San Diego. Ok now put this together: We have Cleveland Gary, Caroline Shiver, Jamie Lemounyan and now Chris Carter in one league......OMG what the hell!!

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:33 pm

[quote=""coachld""]What state is their headquarters (term used lightly) located?[/quote]

The NIFL "headquarters" are located in a back office of Carolyn Shiver's ex-husband's trucking company in Lafayette, LA.

By the way, I noticed today that the NIFL has finally removed the NFL logo and all references to the NFL/NIFL officiating agreement from their website. It's about time.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Wow, you are correct! That only took them about 18 months too long.

Speaking of websites, anyone try any of the league-owned expansion team sites lately? Here's what I'm getting at http://fortworthsixers.com, http://www.losangeleslynx.com, etc.:
Website currently unavailable.
Please check for messages in your Control Panel.

Red Zone
Site Admin

Post by Red Zone » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:48 pm

[quote=""nksports""]I'm not a lawyer, but it seems someone needs to hire one and file an emergercy injunction against the league (it could either be done in a state where the league has operations of federal court) and league-operated teams to have them halt operations immediately.
The EIFL already had a player seriously injured without the league carrying proper insurance. It shouldn't happen again.

Then again (not that I'm actually hoping for a player to get hurt), maybe if things go on like this, CS and CG might get picked up and jailed.[/quote]

I'm kind of surprised that ESPN's "Outside The Lines" hasn't done a documentary on the league yet.

emtieswall
Site Admin

Web site reference....

Post by emtieswall » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I had sent an email to SD Shockwave about the posted standings (you get different win loss records from the SD site vs. the NIFL site.)

I mentioned, in passing, the missing websites; we play LA on Saturday.

The response indicated that the LA site was being improved.
Can you say "TOUCHDOWN SHOCKWAVE!"?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:52 pm

[quote=""Magic""]I'm finding humor in all of this mess.....as you can see, they (Carol Shiver and Cleveland Gary) tried to lie and say that there was insurance. Please call the above #'s and find out the real truth. One other # for you guys: Ralph @ PEO Professionals.....he can tell you alot more detailed that there has never been insurance from the beginning. (xxx)880-2336 He's based in Florida.

On another note, I've just been informed about the upcoming game with Atlanta vs. Greensboro. It has been arranged that if the Atlanta Thoroughbreds don't play on Saturday @ Greensboro, Cleveland has agreed to send a semi-pro team from Tennesse to play this game. The team is owned by Chris Carter, the same guy associated with Jamie Lemounyan, of the Tennesse Riversharks and Montgomery Maulers, and now in San Diego. Ok now put this together: We have Cleveland Gary, Caroline Shiver, Jamie Lemounyan and now Chris Carter in one league......OMG what the hell!![/quote]

Good for them. If the players on the Atlanta team were good enough to be paid, they would be playing for the Falcons or the Force. Nobody is putting a gun to their head and making them play.

Most of these players play semi pro ball where the pay $100 team fees, buy their uniforms, buy all their own equipment, pay for their own travel, do not have any insurance and DO NOT GET PAID.

It amazes me that these same players and coaches were given uniforms, equipment and paid travel, food and are now complaining about not being paid or insurance.

These same guys will be back playing semi pro ball next year.

Now don't get me wrong, I think the NIFL is a joke this year, but good for Cleveland for finding teams and players willing to play. If the players and coaches don't like it then go get hired by an NFL or Arena team or take up golf.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:52 pm

[quote=""emtieswall""]I mentioned, in passing, the missing websites; we play LA on Saturday.

The response indicated that the LA site was being improved.[/quote]

Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

I'm putting my money on the probability that the check to the web hosting company bounced.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:57 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Good for them. If the players on the Atlanta team were good enough to be paid, they would be playing for the Falcons or the Force. Nobody is putting a gun to their head and making them play.

Most of these players play semi pro ball where the pay $100 team fees, buy their uniforms, buy all their own equipment, pay for their own travel, do not have any insurance and DO NOT GET PAID.

It amazes me that these same players and coaches were given uniforms, equipment and paid travel, food and are now complaining about not being paid or insurance.

These same guys will be back playing semi pro ball next year.

Now don't get me wrong, I think the NIFL is a joke this year, but good for Cleveland for finding teams and players willing to play. If the players and coaches don't like it then go get hired by an NFL or Arena team or take up golf.[/quote]

You could not me more wrong. In pro football, you are under contract with the team & the league (which more than likely states that coverage will be provided) and being paid to play (unless you're in the NIFL). Therefore, there is employers' liability issues involved. In semi-pro ball, the players are footing the bill and in most cases have signed insurance waivers.

Return to “NIFL”