Stingers vs. Tarpons POSTPONED

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
billm75
Site Admin

Stingers vs. Tarpons POSTPONED

Post by billm75 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:20 am

The Stingers vs. Tarpons game for Sunday April 15th has been postponed due to field equipment issues, according to the team's PR Director.

I'm not sure what those issues are, but the game will be played instead on Wednesday April 18th. All fans who have purchased tickets to Sunday's game can choose to attend the Wednesday game or use their tickets for ANY future home game at the Colonial Center.

More details will be available soon at http://www.stingersnest.com and http://www.columbiastingers.com

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:30 am

Does this come as a surprise to anyone? 10 bucks says the game won't be played Wednesday either.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 am

And the erosion of credibility continues...

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:18 am

[quote=""preeths""]And the erosion of credibility continues...[/quote]
Who agrees with me that the NIFL will be exactly on par with the EIEIO by 2008?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

finatic
Site Admin

Post by finatic » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:49 pm

state paper said that the turf has not made it to columbia yet....some are saying it is technical difficulties with turf.....i say it all sounds sooo familiar....sounds just like the nifl and it's goons...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:36 pm

When you're about to play your third game of the year, and you still don't have turf, what does that say about the man behind your organization? He's been blaming health problems for years, and he may indeed have some issues. That only means it was time to cut back years ago, rather than putting a seemingly endless string of players, coaches and employees through the ringer.
Last edited by preeths on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

billm75
Site Admin

Post by billm75 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Well, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt through Wednesday. If the game is not played due to turf issues AGAIN...then I'll have to jump off the Stingers bandwagon a bit.

ftm71
Site Admin

tarpons

Post by ftm71 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm

FT. MYERS FL;THE tARPONS GAME WAS POSTPONED UNTIL WEDS. and again the tarpons have taken it in stride,they look at this as just another growing pain of expansion and are ready to get on the turf, the team will be there on weds. evening for the game so don't bloww off your tickets for another week! they have their equipment and have been hitting and had another practice in full pads yesterday. they understand that Columbia is trying to get their turf problems sorted out and are ready to play.this team wants to win on the field not over the phone!I think that the league is making the efforts to try to sort out the problems.The Tarpons are looking at these setbacks as minor and are not just depending on other people to fix these problems. Both players, coaches, and their fans have stepped up to help this team become ready to play, and they are!!! The ball is in Columbia's hands now and it'll be on them not the tarpons if the game is cancelled.WE think if you are a fan of a team in this league you should go to your team and ask them if they could use your help and get involved.help your team and maybe they will be around for another season. Be a fan but get in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

rams80
Site Admin

Time for another "Death to Pollyanna" post...

Post by rams80 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:28 pm

[quote=""ftm71""]FT. MYERS FL;THE tARPONS GAME WAS POSTPONED UNTIL WEDS. and again the tarpons have taken it in stride,they look at this as just another growing pain of expansion and are ready to get on the turf, the team will be there on weds. evening for the game so don't bloww off your tickets for another week![/quote]

Games not being played are now "growing pains of expansion"?! How is it, then, that most leagues don't experience these problems with their expansion teams? Also, one might want to save their tickets on the off chance the turf is still not there.

they have their equipment and have been hitting and had another practice in full pads yesterday. they understand that Columbia is trying to get their turf problems sorted out and are ready to play.
So where do they practice again? Where is their home facility? Who is the management?
this team wants to win on the field not over the phone!
*The moderator has deleted this part of the post for crimethink*
I think that the league is making the efforts to try to sort out the problems.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ROFLMAO
The Tarpons are looking at these setbacks as minor and are not just depending on other people to fix these problems. Both players, coaches, and their fans have stepped up to help this team become ready to play, and they are!!!
I notice you don't mention managment at all. One would think they'd play an important role in fixing any problems.
The ball is in Columbia's hands now and it'll be on them not the tarpons if the game is cancelled.
So what happens when Fort Myers has a home game.
WE think if you are a fan of a team in this league you should go to your team and ask them if they could use your help and get involved.help your team and maybe they will be around for another season. Be a fan but get in the game!!!!!!!!!!!
At this point, the older, experienced posters are too jaded and scarred to think that this can actually work or is even worth it. *the rest of this post has been deleted by the moderator because the poster is being defeatist*
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:59 am

I'd get ready to play in tennis shoes with the down markets drawn across the bare floor with sidewalk chalk.

Return to “NIFL”