Jax Indoor Football Desperate

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Jax Indoor Football Desperate

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:37 am

It seems the Jax team cant recruit it's own football players. They were in orlando this past sat night TRYING to get a few of the players to leave the Ghost Riders to play for a team that doesn't even have their own eqpt. League standout and special teams player of the month LAmont Finnie and some of the others have been involved with the NIFL and want no part of the JOKE of a league. Go find your own players and QB or HIRE someone who can do that for you. :cool: ;)

bcjohn02
Site Admin

Post by bcjohn02 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Like I said yesterday, there has been nothing in terms of press here in Jacksonville about this team. I do a good job of watching the local depression (ala the news) and reading the fish wrap, and I haven't seen one mention about the team.

My opinion is after the disaster the first try was of putting a team together, everyone is very weary of giving something press that may not be around to finish a season...much less start one.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm just praying the NIFL doesn't get the itch to put a team in Pensacola any time soon.

mvhcpa
Site Admin

Jax is my hometown...

Post by mvhcpa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:09 pm

[quote=""bcjohn02""]Like I said yesterday, there has been nothing in terms of press here in Jacksonville about this team. I do a good job of watching the local depression (ala the news) and reading the fish wrap, and I haven't seen one mention about the team.

My opinion is after the disaster the first try was of putting a team together, everyone is very weary of giving something press that may not be around to finish a season...much less start one.[/quote]

...so I'm curious, BCJohn02, which news/depression do you watch--4,12,or Fox30?

Also, is the disaster you speak of the TomCats? I thought they did reasonably well in the af2 until they just started stinking up the place in their second year. Or is that disaster the Pellicans (the first name picked this year for the Jax-area NIFL team)?

Michael Val
(who still pulls for the Jaguars--even when they start to blow!)

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

As of this past monday, 3 days ago, JAX still has no eqpt. So what are they going to do. Forfit the first game? Another year, another joke of a league. Way to go Cleveland.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:49 pm

[quote=""TheHulk""]I'm just praying the NIFL doesn't get the itch to put a team in Pensacola any time soon.[/quote] They tried to!

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]They tried to![/quote]

They did? I never read about it or saw it on the news. There's three newspapers here and none of them made any hints.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 pm

[quote=""TheHulk""]I'm just praying the NIFL doesn't get the itch to put a team in Pensacola any time soon.[/quote]

IcePilots got their lease back, so I assume the exclusivity clause is back as well.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

bcjohn02
Site Admin

Post by bcjohn02 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:05 am

[quote=""mvhcpa""]...so I'm curious, BCJohn02, which news/depression do you watch--4,12,or Fox30?

Also, is the disaster you speak of the TomCats? I thought they did reasonably well in the af2 until they just started stinking up the place in their second year. Or is that disaster the Pellicans (the first name picked this year for the Jax-area NIFL team)?

Michael Val
(who still pulls for the Jaguars--even when they start to blow!)[/quote]

I generally watch channel 4 and occasionally First Coast News and flip my radio between am930 and the new sports radio station in town 1010.

I was an avid fan of the Tomcats. As a matter of fact for graduation, I was given tickets to the final five games of their existence. Yea the final year was tough at times but I though they did alright for themselves and at times wish they were still around.
The disaster I speak of is what happened with the first group to try to bring NIFL football to town in the Pelicans. There was a couple of big stories to come out of the first tryout in the early part of 2007, but didn't hear anything about them until I first came here to find out the Pelicans were no more and they were trying to use the horse barn as a place to play.

Return to “NIFL”