Columbia @ (Hara Arena) Marshals | March 24th

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
billm75
Site Admin

Post by billm75 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:33 am

Granted, you can't SHOW sponsors at your field, but if your PA announcer is on the ball, he can work in the sponsors names all night long. This is what they did at the Stingers home opener.

I work for Time Warner Cable, and I couldn't count how many times he managed to say that the Stingers were sponsored by TWC that night. Along with other corporate sponsorships.

Sure, you want to SHOW the sponsors, but if you mention them all night long, they get the same exposure in the long run.

Besides, haven't the Marshals been around for a while? Why would they need to borrow turf? Dont' they already have it???????

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:37 am

Not sure why they'd need to borrow the turf. Unless the old turf was sold or confiscated when they relocated from U.S. Bank Arena.

What kind of turf did they use last year? Was it the Sportexe turf that the AF2 uses? If so, they may have sold it to the Jungle Kats with a plan on buying cheaper turf for their Mason,... now Dayton residence.

If that's the case, they failed miserable, as borrowing turf can't be cheap.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:41 am

If they had to borrow turf and dasher boards, that kills the amount of ad inventory they have to sell. On-field advertising rights are a big buck item for these teams. I don't think it makes sense to believe the Marshals are concentrating their marketing efforts on their second home game. If that's the case, they just kissed off 14 percent of their potential ticket sales. No way you do that. The indoor season is too short to write off any home game.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:32 am

[quote=""Dogs-Glads-Xtreme""]Also the media was terrible for this game, which really suprised me.[/quote]

I wouldn't be too hard on the media. Dayton Daily News has seen so many of these teams come and go, they don't care anymore. Ditto for TV. Cincy papers aren't going to bother with what is no longer a Cincy team.
Plus you had Ohio State playing for Final Four berth. That's going to take all priority over anything an indoor football team is going to try to do.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

marshalls

Post by mrinsideto-u » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:15 pm

[quote=""billm75""]Granted, you can't SHOW sponsors at your field, but if your PA announcer is on the ball, he can work in the sponsors names all night long. This is what they did at the Stingers home opener.

I work for Time Warner Cable, and I couldn't count how many times he managed to say that the Stingers were sponsored by TWC that night. Along with other corporate sponsorships.

Sure, you want to SHOW the sponsors, but if you mention them all night long, they get the same exposure in the long run.

Besides, haven't the Marshals been around for a while? Why would they need to borrow turf? Dont' they already have it???????[/quote] There turf was taken from them from the old owner, HP PATTERSON. NO really the turf they used the last 2 yrs belongs to the US BANK ARENA and the KATS are going to use it.

finatic
Site Admin

Post by finatic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:24 pm

marshals 31
stingers 19

niflfan
Site Admin

The Marshalls are broke

Post by niflfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm

I was pretty close to the Marshall's situation from my involvement with the league last year. Two very nice guys trying to make this work, but they have been out of money since the middle of last year. Remember the playoff / Faith Hill debacle. US Bank Arena owned everything, thus no sponsors, etc. There is no sponsorship money behind the team, and unfortunately just a matter of time before this ends badly. They simply did not have the financial wherewithal for the UIF, AIFA, or WIFL, so they were left with no choices. Not sure why they even started up again this year anyway.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:07 pm

True niflfan, when things are that bad, it makes you wonder why the team would make a go of it. And it speaks to the league that they'd let a team in that situation make a go of it.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Return to “NIFL”