Rapid City won't return to the NIFL in 2007

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Rapid City won't return to the NIFL in 2007

Post by preeths » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Not sure of the original source on this, as it almost looks like a newspaper article, but there isn't any credit on it:
http://www.flyingacesfootball.com/news/?id=5528

If the Aces play this year, it will not be in the NIFL. This confirms earlier reports the UIF was their sole focus, but things aren't looking great for the franchise right now. Out of the NIFL northwest, only Wyoming will be back in the league.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

RC deserved a better fate ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:40 am

[quote=""preeths""]Not sure of the original source on this, as it almost looks like a newspaper article, but there isn't any credit on it:
http://www.flyingacesfootball.com/news/?id=5528

If the Aces play this year, it will not be in the NIFL. This confirms earlier reports the UIF was their sole focus, but things aren't looking great for the franchise right now. Out of the NIFL northwest, only Wyoming will be back in the league.[/quote]

I actually feel bad for these guys. They tried so hard to place a team on the field. Unlike some of these other sleeze bags who milk the community then leave with a trail of bills.

Hopefully, indoor football can make a go of it in RC someday and their efforts will pay off.

GoAces
Site Admin

Post by GoAces » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:31 am

Yeah, I haven't had much time to try and contact anyone from the team or get more information but it will take a miracle to keep a team here. With all of the problems I don't think a team will be up here...with that said, I have no reason to believe that "Majic" is the top candidate for the Wyoming job???

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:40 pm

All is not totally lost yet. It just looks like something spectacular will have to happen for the Aces to play in 2007. That being said, the UIF is keeping their option opens until they release the final version of the schedule. That could be today for all I know. But until that happens, there is still a chance - no matter how slim.

I know there are meetings scheduled today to secure another big financial backer.

One thing to note is that the Aces were never denied entry into the UIF. The simply did not feel they were in a financial position to apply. These are owners with a sense of responsibility to the community, fans and the league they are (would be) playing in. I think that should be respected.

Here is the origianal source of the article.

http://www.rcweeklynews.com/vnews/displ ... 66b1e8c137

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:30 pm

The article and AllAces confirm something else we had been told. Dr. Jenter, the former owner of the Rapid City Red Dogs, at one time earlier this year still owned the Rapid City market for UIF, and the Aces would have had to pay him in order to move to UIF. I've seen some pointing to him as the reason the Aces can't make the move as he wanted quite a bit for the rights. What many outside the situation don't know is that the hurdle involving him was cleared weeks ago. He is not the reason for Rapid City not making the move. I've seen some people bashing him, and they need to move on.

TheLunchbox_58
Site Admin

Post by TheLunchbox_58 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:57 pm

I played for Doc. and the Red Dogs in 2003 NIFL & 2005 UIF first season. The Man is a Great Owner. He always had the players intrest in mind. So I hope no one is bashing him.

mvhcpa
Site Admin

How did they clear the Jenter hurdle?

Post by mvhcpa » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:33 am

[quote=""preeths""]The article and AllAces confirm something else we had been told. Dr. Jenter, the former owner of the Rapid City Red Dogs, at one time earlier this year still owned the Rapid City market for UIF, and the Aces would have had to pay him in order to move to UIF. I've seen some pointing to him as the reason the Aces can't make the move as he wanted quite a bit for the rights. What many outside the situation don't know is that the hurdle involving him was cleared weeks ago. He is not the reason for Rapid City not making the move. I've seen some people bashing him, and they need to move on.[/quote]

Did he get paid or did the UIF do the right thing and say "No team, no franchise"? MVH

GoAces
Site Admin

Post by GoAces » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:43 am

[quote=""preeths""]The article and AllAces confirm something else we had been told. Dr. Jenter, the former owner of the Rapid City Red Dogs, at one time earlier this year still owned the Rapid City market for UIF, and the Aces would have had to pay him in order to move to UIF. I've seen some pointing to him as the reason the Aces can't make the move as he wanted quite a bit for the rights. What many outside the situation don't know is that the hurdle involving him was cleared weeks ago. He is not the reason for Rapid City not making the move. I've seen some people bashing him, and they need to move on.[/quote]

What are the details with the Aces getting by Jenter? Did he give up the rights? Did the Aces purchase them? I know a lot of people are talking about this around here but I haven't heard anything confirmed. All I know is what was said here and Jenter did have the rights...he even tried to sell the team on ebay a while back...
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/article ... news05.txt

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 am

Yes, Jenter had the UIF rights to Rapid City until several weeks ago. I'm not at liberty to divulge details, but the situation was resolved to the satisfaction of all parties, and the Aces could have had (and could still have) the market without any interference from him.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

No bashing here

Post by sportsguy12 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 pm

[quote=""TheLunchbox_58""]I played for Doc. and the Red Dogs in 2003 NIFL & 2005 UIF first season. The Man is a Great Owner. He always had the players intrest in mind. So I hope no one is bashing him.[/quote]

I don't think anyone was bashing him. The NIFL as an entity and the league officials and how they conduct business are what are brought into question. It's a shame that your owner let the franchise go. I'm not sure of all the details/history as to why.

Return to “NIFL”