Changes

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Changes

Post by preeths » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 pm

The NIFL just added some new teams to its masthead graphic on niflfootball.com. I think I can read the words Denver, Long Beach and Colorado in some of the logos, but others I can't make out at all. Of course, the Tri-Cities Fever is still listed, so I don't know how current this is. Anyone have any better luck?

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 am

I see Los Angeles on a logo besides the Lynx. The Denver team looks like it says Aviators. I see Mobile(next to the Miami Vice Squad), and it looks like Muskateers under it. And the one next to the clear Colorado one also says Colorado. There is another one the looks like it might be Baton Rouge.
Last edited by tony-o on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Missing Teams

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 am

I was looking at the teams on the masthead and some of the "new" teams are not there, unless they have a new logo and I can't read it....

Alameda Action
Fresno Fury
Sacramento Wildfire
San Francisco Quakes
Winston-Salem Wildcats
San Diego Shockwave

Neither Rapid City or Wyoming are shown

Lincoln is gone...from the list anyway....finally

I do see Mobile in the second row center.
And Los Angeles looks like it gets two teams , the Lynx and another one right beside it.

I also notice when I printed just the masthead the old logos show up in the back ground. It looks like they are just covering up the old logos.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

I've got some logos I could send em

Post by sportsguy12 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:30 am

[quote=""preeths""]The NIFL just added some new teams to its masthead graphic on niflfootball.com. I think I can read the words Denver, Long Beach and Colorado in some of the logos, but others I can't make out at all. Of course, the Tri-Cities Fever is still listed, so I don't know how current this is. Anyone have any better luck?[/quote]

Well, they can put up as many logos as they want to fill their masthead, but a $1 and a bucket 'o hot wings, says two-thirds of these teams never take the field. Fort Worth is there (next to Fayetteville) ... looks like their called the Sixers?

Also, looks like there's another Los Angeles team next to the Lynx. The logos are posted at such a low resolution that you can't enlarge them. Typically, that happens when they stolen/copied and changed.

If they need more logos, I can send them my old high school and college logos. The Tampa logo was used by some other team I can't put my finger on ... I think in the USBL. They weren't from Tampa, but I've definitely seen it before.

Way to go NIFL, keep changing for the better. Ha!

sportsguy12
Site Admin

when you've got some many teams ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:34 am

[quote=""50 Yard Fan""]I was looking at the teams on the masthead and some of the "new" teams are not there, unless they have a new logo and I can't read it....

Alameda Action
Fresno Fury
Sacramento Wildfire
San Francisco Quakes
Winston-Salem Wildcats
San Diego Shockwave

Neither Rapid City or Wyoming are shown

Lincoln is gone...from the list anyway....finally

I do see Mobile in the second row center.
And Los Angeles looks like it gets two teams , the Lynx and another one right beside it.

I also notice when I printed just the masthead the old logos show up in the back ground. It looks like they are just covering up the old logos.[/quote]

The NIFL masthead on their site only has space for 28 logos. They're going to have what 60+. Give them some slack.

LOL!!! Just kidding. Maybe Binghamton Univ told W-S that it wasn't cool to swipe their logo.

Also, San Diego was supposedly pulling out and looking into joining af2. That was a rumor floating around when Tri-Cities left.

Or maybe J. Lamanyon fired the graphic artist who did the SD logo.

toomuchbs
Site Admin

Post by toomuchbs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:47 am

Even the NIFL thinks their animation is crappy...

http://www.niflfootball.com/flash/crappy-animation.swf

Lets Play Football
Site Admin

Post by Lets Play Football » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:48 am

Guy’s, let’s face it, the NIFL website is a great example of the league itself. It is frankly one of the poorest sites any of us have seen. It is full of lies, deception and half truths (that’s being kind). It is at a 2nd grade level for design and 1st grade for function. One could make a lot of assumptions by looking closely at the site. This is an organization that is in trouble. It is run by someone who does not care what the public thinks of their image. It is run by someone who truly believes that indoor football fans are not real bright… why else the scam about the Red Carpet.

Why do we circle back around and around? I still hold out it is the old train wreck theory… we all just love a good train wreck... Unfortunately even a good train wreck has a negative impact on the industry.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:15 am

[quote=""preeths""]The NIFL just added some new teams to its masthead graphic on niflfootball.com. I think I can read the words Denver, Long Beach and Colorado in some of the logos, but others I can't make out at all. Of course, the Tri-Cities Fever is still listed, so I don't know how current this is. Anyone have any better luck?[/quote]

Try this Paul:

http://www.niflfootball.com/content/teams

It's in the "Teams" section of the site. It lists all the teams that are on the masthead. Bigger logos and much easier to read.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:36 am

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or come down with Turrett's when I look at these awful logos and bizarre names.

What the (bleep)'s a Candoo? What is a Mushateer?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:39 am

Fayetteville Guard
Greensboro Revolution
Cincinnati Marshalls
Ft. Lauderdale Frenzy
Anaheim Street Boys
Colorado Candoos
Colorado Castle Rocks
Denver Aviators
Fort Worth Sixers
Hattisburg Playmakers
Houston Wild Riders
Beaumont Drillers
Fort Myers Tarpons
Jacksonville Pelicans
Long Beach Muscle Heads
Los Angeles Diamonds
Los Angeles Lynx
Miami Vice Squad
Mobile Mushateers
Palm Beach Wave
Pamona Cool Riders
Port St. Lucie Mustangs
Pueblo Pistols
San Antonio Player Haters
Sarasota Knights
Tampa Tide
Tri-Cities Fever

An unbelievable assortment of assinine names. Player Haters? Playmakers? Street Boys? Cool Riders? Castle Rocks? Muscle Heads? Wild Riders?

It's like they spent five minutes thinking up names. Isn't this the worst possible way to create a team, fictitious or not?

Unbelievable.

Sykotyk

Return to “NIFL”