NIFL teams getting nervous?

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

NIFL teams getting nervous?

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:42 pm

This from today's Tri-Cities Herald article:
The Herald has learned that San Diego, which was set to be an NIFL expansion team and play the Fever in an exhibition game in March, called the af2 office this week to see if it was too late to join. San Diego was not on the af2 schedule released Thursday.
From talking with a few teams, many were taking the November 15 deadline very seriously. They need to know who is in the league so they can begin things like printing schedules. Even if the league only misses the deadline by a few days, they've already made some of their teams nervous.

Lets Play Football
Site Admin

Post by Lets Play Football » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:01 pm

As they should be... but this should also be no surprise. Name one time where the NIFL and it's cronies spoke the truth about anything?

LaMunyon alone was probably enough to scare them off......

Just wish Rapid would see the value in the UIF and make the move... the Outlaws vs Rapid play off game was one of the best in the game... This would make a solid long term rivalry.... heck, I would even drive to Rapid to take in the away games...

I find myself getting sucked into watching the train wreck again....... oh well, I think Jerry Springer is off the air, so the NIFL will have to do.... wait come to think of it, didn't I see CS on Springer for stealing CG from her sister J Lamun... right after she quit sleeping with her brother HP and after coming out that she had an affair with her father Tony P? Of course the names have all been changed to protect the innocent...

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:05 pm

It's even easier than that.

If the league was up front and open with current team owners privately about who the new teams are and who the owners are, there would not be these problems. But, they are completely in the dark, just like the rest of the public. Owners should be kept up to date on the goings on of the league. If they refuse to convey information, teams (who have a lot of money invested) need to go with a sure thing like a league where they know who the other teams are. It’s their money on the line and no one in the league is concerned about their profitability.

I suspect that is part of why the PIFL never got off the ground. They kept potential teams such a secret that no one could commit because there was no information.

Why are NIFL team owners waiting around for a public release of a schedule to see who they are playing? They should already know what is going on privately. That's ridiculous.

It was obvious at the conclusion of last season (earlier, if you ask me) that the status quo was no longer acceptable. Yet, here we are - status quo.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:03 pm

I have been wondering if that was the NIFL's plan all along.
String on the teams they have with big promises, until it's too late to join another league.
Then the teams either play with what the NIFL has or they sit out the season.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:26 pm

Rapid'd move to the UIF in a heartbeat....only the former owner of the Red Dogs holds the UIF rights to the market. I really wish the UIF would revoke his franchise about now, but apparently it takes active disloyalty and treachery on behalf of an ownership group for the UIF to act to punish anyone.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

mvhcpa
Site Admin

the REAL Springer story

Post by mvhcpa » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:23 am

[quote=""Lets Play Football""]I find myself getting sucked into watching the train wreck again....... oh well, I think Jerry Springer is off the air, so the NIFL will have to do.... wait come to think of it, didn't I see CS on Springer for stealing CG from her sister J Lamun... right after she quit sleeping with her brother HP and after coming out that she had an affair with her father Tony P? Of course the names have all been changed to protect the innocent...[/quote]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Michael Val
(who thinks the REAL story to be revealed on Springer is that CS is a shape-shifting undead who actually IS CG, LaMunyon, HP, AND Tony P)

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:50 am

[quote=""AllAces""]It's even easier than that.

If the league was up front and open with current team owners privately about who the new teams are and who the owners are, there would not be these problems. But, they are completely in the dark, just like the rest of the public. Owners should be kept up to date on the goings on of the league. If they refuse to convey information, teams (who have a lot of money invested) need to go with a sure thing like a league where they know who the other teams are. It’s their money on the line and no one in the league is concerned about their profitability.

I suspect that is part of why the PIFL never got off the ground. They kept potential teams such a secret that no one could commit because there was no information.

Why are NIFL team owners waiting around for a public release of a schedule to see who they are playing? They should already know what is going on privately. That's ridiculous.

It was obvious at the conclusion of last season (earlier, if you ask me) that the status quo was no longer acceptable. Yet, here we are - status quo.[/quote] You are right about most of your post but not about the PIFL part, not even close. The PIFL didnt get off the ground because of certain issues,1 the use of the PIFL name, a few yrs ago it was used and the question about copywrite infringments. 2, THE PIFL OWNER didnt like the fact that the people involved wanted the front office to be run bye buisness and former pro people, the man that came up with the PIFL name didnt like the fact that he was ask to step down as the owner and but still take an active roll with the league, and i agree, how does one person think that they were a losing coach in the NIFL and the IFl and now he has the credintials to run a league, that doesnt make him a bad person but the others wanted thebest front office for the league. Plus there were other teams being courted for the 07 season. Actually it is a good thing that the others didnt come along.. So there is your reason the PIFL didnt get off the groung. He is planning to try to get it up and going for 08 but ****** cant help it now with the A2 market. Should of swallowed his pride and went along for the ride. But AGAIN EGOS come into play at this point.

dogman
Site Admin

All of this is making the four team WIFL look better and better

Post by dogman » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:01 pm

It was such a shame that Harry Pierce felt like they had to fold the Rome franchise, even sadder than Rome did not embrace the team like some other cities have. The decision by McDonalds in Daytona and the Doblers and Czechs in Osceola and Jimmy Young in Augusta to stay the course ought to be applauded and I cant wait to see what teams seek to join next year. One thing is for sure, that group is only going to take in solid ownership groups. Can't wait to drive to Columbus to see games. What the he-l were Ammons and King thinking about in Fayetteville !

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:24 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]You are right about most of your post but not about the PIFL part, not even close. The PIFL didnt get off the ground because of certain issues,1 the use of the PIFL name, a few yrs ago it was used and the question about copywrite infringments. 2, THE PIFL OWNER didnt like the fact that the people involved wanted the front office to be run bye buisness and former pro people, the man that came up with the PIFL name didnt like the fact that he was ask to step down as the owner and but still take an active roll with the league, and i agree, how does one person think that they were a losing coach in the NIFL and the IFl and now he has the credintials to run a league, that doesnt make him a bad person but the others wanted thebest front office for the league. Plus there were other teams being courted for the 07 season. Actually it is a good thing that the others didnt come along.. So there is your reason the PIFL didnt get off the groung. He is planning to try to get it up and going for 08 but ****** cant help it now with the A2 market. Should of swallowed his pride and went along for the ride. But AGAIN EGOS come into play at this point.[/quote]

Good info. Thanks for tying the ends together for me on that.

All I knew was that when Billings and the others began the research for what would be their best move post-NIFL, one of the leagues that was checked was PIFL. However, the PIFL was quickly eliminated as an option because of the lack of information they were willing to provide. No one could give any hint as to what a schedule would look like and what other teams were considering joining the league.

I guess a prudent owner would require the league to provide information as to their investment before they consider putting their money in the league's hands. Which brings me back to my point in this thread. The NIFL is not being up front and honest with anyone, including franchise owners (but this is nothing new).

Expansion owners can be lulled in a false sense of security in this league because they can name the existing franchises (whether they truly exist or not). However, the existing franchises are being given no information about who may (or has already committed) expand into the league. Again - no information as to how they are going to have to spend money for travel and are the new owners going to fold causing games to be cancelled again.

So look at the position that San Diego is in. They wrote a 6 figure check to the league to join because someone told them they are looking at expansion teams in S.F., Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, and of course Tri-Cities. Now Tri-Cities is gone, and none of the other teams have appeared. If I were the one that signed that check, I would be looking at a way to get that back about now. But, I bet the money has already made it to H.P. Paterson's (AKA Howard Neil, AKA Howard Weiner) Swiss bank account.

In the end, I may be wrong about the teams that I mentioned that were advertised to be expanding into the NIFL. I could be surprised. But you would think we would know who those owners are by now. Especially after last years continuing fiasco.

You can not run a league that is going to survive, by hiding vital information from the people who make the league work - the team owners.

We were promised a change in the league this year with the introduction of new faces. The faces have changed, but the song still sounds the same. How can anyone think this is better?

mvhcpa
Site Admin

"only The Names Have Been Changed..."

Post by mvhcpa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:29 am

[quote=""AllAces""]We were promised a change in the league this year with the introduction of new faces. The faces have changed, but the song still sounds the same. How can anyone think this is better?[/quote]

I'm reminded of that old line from Dragnet, intoned deeply and seriously at the beginning of the show: "ONLY THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED..."

except that was "to protect the innocent"--not to con the gullible!

Michael Val
(who showed how old he is with THIS post!)

Return to “NIFL”