T Minus 48 Hours or So

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 am

[quote=""Malepig""]Ontario should be done in 2008. Lets say there is another negotiation "possibly" going on between the L.A. Avengers and letting someone else be allowed to play in Ontario.[/quote]

Let me guess...SMG's gonna run the arena (plays Imperial March).
They would need to get dasher boards, but i would say those are last ditch arenas. They Would have to be at US Bank or the Gardens
I think he was asking in terms of size-indoor/arena football needs hockey-size arenas. (Unless you want to do a serious Evansville or something.)
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Dilbert
Site Admin

Post by Dilbert » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:12 am

[quote=""rams80""]Let me guess...SMG's gonna run the arena (plays Imperial March).

I think he was asking in terms of size-indoor/arena football needs hockey-size arenas. (Unless you want to do a serious Evansville or something.)[/quote]

I think they would have ceiling room and room for the field in both

cap
Site Admin

Cali teams?

Post by cap » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:49 am

Two California teams? That's going to put a boost in the travel industry. They better qualify those teams, the travel will put them under like most of the other teams.

Those potential owners need to think again.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:14 am

[quote=""mrcool92501""]
um paul theres no arena in ontario,calif

not yet that is[/quote]

Who needs an arena? Have we forgotten about the Palm Beach Phantoms already? Seriously, there is an ice arena there. Not sure if that's the planned destination or if the team will play outside. There was a time when such a question would have been ludicrous.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:19 am

I know for a fact that Cleveland Gary has told the Reaps and some others that there will be a Texas division to play in?? I wonder what teams that would be, he is claiming Lubbuck, Dallas ft worth, Garland, Houston and few others, A complete LIE, it isnt happening none of them are in the NIFL due to Shivers past lies. Believe it hear it here. Only team from Tx is going to be Baumont and thats if Steve has not gambled or snort d the team away. See you at the meeting on Friday afternoon, looking for that pic of Shiver and HP

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:10 pm

[quote=""cap""]Two California teams? That's going to put a boost in the travel industry. They better qualify those teams, the travel will put them under like most of the other teams.

Those potential owners need to think again.[/quote]

Only thing you need to be qualified is a check made out to the NIFL (really Carolyn Shriver)...

As I understand, at least one Cali "owner" has already made out a big check. This info is a bit old and things can change, but it's not out of the question. I agree that they probably have no idea what they are getting into. I base that on Carolyn's history of promising the moon and never delivering. They may not know that about her yet. They will learn.

Reichert
Site Admin

Post by Reichert » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:45 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]I know for a fact that Cleveland Gary has told the Reaps and some others that there will be a Texas division to play in?? I wonder what teams that would be, he is claiming Lubbuck, Dallas ft worth, Garland, Houston and few others, A complete LIE, it isnt happening none of them are in the NIFL due to Shivers past lies. Believe it hear it here. Only team from Tx is going to be Baumont and thats if Steve has not gambled or snort d the team away. See you at the meeting on Friday afternoon, looking for that pic of Shiver and HP[/quote]

Getting a team in Lubbock or Houston would be very difficult at this time. But it wouldn't be impossible. If the old Lubbock team returns that would be her path of least resistance there. Meanwhile, in Houston if the now-af2 Copperheads relocated to the Berry Center that would open a spot in Katy's Merrell Center for the NIFL. But the Katy locals are aware of the NIFL's troubles and that could be a tough sell. Another option for CS would be Reliant Arena, but that would be very pricey.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:17 pm

Lubbock Gunslingers owners have appeared on the board to state they would not return to the NIFL. Look for Lubbock to go Ultimate or af2.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Bmt has not lost thier lease. The county is hurting for events in that venue and WILL not turn away tenants, I live here, believe me. Ford Park is in the news every day. They are renegotiating the terms but they are still under lease

Pickle
Site Admin

Post by Pickle » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:18 pm

[quote=""sportznut""]Bmt has not lost thier lease. The county is hurting for events in that venue and WILL not turn away tenants, I live here, believe me. Ford Park is in the news every day. They are renegotiating the terms but they are still under lease[/quote]

Having first hand knowledge I can confirm sportznut's statement as being true.

Return to “NIFL”