Can someone else confirm this

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:28 pm

Wow. Just when you think you've seen everything. This is nuts. I was hoping the playoffs would actually go down without any problems. I should've known better.

Jaxen
Site Admin

Foot the bill, NIFL

Post by Jaxen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:59 pm

Osceola Football has already secured buses and hotel rooms for the trip. According to the head coach and GM, both of which who I talked to this week (before hearing about all this "failure to file playoff paperwork"), they are leaving Kissimmee at 9pm Thursday and arriving in St. Louis on Friday afternoon. If they aren't playing the game after CS and the NIFL told them they were, Carolyn, the league or the Marshals DAMN WELL BETTER reimburse any money that Osceola doled out for the trip.

The NIFL website says that Osceola is in it. The NIFL website says that Cincinnati forfeited the game. I get the feeling that if I sat down to dinner with CS and asked her to pass the salt, I'd get sugar. Or pepper. (Or arsenic.)
http://www.aroundosceola.com
your home for news on the Osceola Outlaws

Billy5
Site Admin

Post by Billy5 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:06 pm

Posted by JAXEN:
I get the feeling that if I sat down to dinner with CS and asked her to pass the salt, I'd get sugar. Or pepper. (Or arsenic.)

My money is on BS.

osceolafootball
Site Admin

National Inquirer or Cincinnati Enquirer?

Post by osceolafootball » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm

I wanted to take a moment to confirm that Osceola will be playing River City this Saturday at 7pm. Our travel plans are in place with the Rage, and we are looking forward to our game this weekend.

It probably would have been a good idea for the Cincinnati Enquirer to follow-up with both ourselves and the NIFL before placing this story.

Dave Czech
General Manager
Osceola Football

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:33 pm

funny thing is the Marshal's feel the same and are planning on coming too...... Let's hope for the Rage's sake this gets straighten out soon....
I am sure the Rage just want's to know who to prepare for!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ragefan on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:42 pm

I know.. They need to do this like the And1 Street ball mix tape tour... Have an open run before the game, that is, let Cincy and oseola actually play there game, then the winner gets the Rage.. Yeah, that a plan.. It works for the And1 group....

And that was too funny... "Posted by JAXEN:
I get the feeling that if I sat down to dinner with CS and asked her to pass the salt, I'd get sugar. Or pepper. (Or arsenic.)

My money is on BS"

My money is on BS also!

I believe that Cincy is making plans already for the game.

NoBallinPDX
Site Admin

Count me in!

Post by NoBallinPDX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:47 pm

goguard88 wrote:Wow. Just when you think you've seen everything. This is nuts. I was hoping the playoffs would actually go down without any problems. I should've known better.
....dittos. I thought all the riff-raff was gone and done for the year...possibly for good, and the playoffs could get down to serious legit contenders...but NOoooo!!
This has to be the Mother of all Foul-ups.
Confession time: I wanna start my own team out here in Oregon. I work for a housekeeping company, so I have NO money.Never played football outside of high school PE or backyard fooling around. And I have little to NO experience running my own business. CS ought to LOVE me!! I think it could be a done deal,whattya say?
I'd call them the Oregon Steelheads. colors will be black,white, salmon pink and khaki. Our venue? Well, I could talk to Paul Allen, but the Rose Garden is bankrupt. But I know of a big old barn down near Salem we could probably borrow on weekends, if they let the piggies go free-range. AND, we would play on 'Natural Turf' which out here means stumps, blackberries and uncut weeds. an old rusted out vehicle or two would serve as goalposts/endzone markers.
Anyone interested in corporate sponsership? huh?...huh?? LMMFAO
Have a great life people and enjoy the playoffs...or whatever it's called.

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Well....

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:36 am

Not that I always trust the Cincinnati Birdcageliner ;) I've been reading it for my entire life but why hasn't the NIFL made an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT disputing this story if it's not true?

I just want an answer!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:38 am

Dave, they should have definitely called you, but they may have tried the NIFL. The league office has a bad habit of not returning phone calls. So is this some kind of mixup or is Cincinnati outright lying?

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

holding out..

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:49 am

preeths wrote:Dave, they should have definitely called you, but they may have tried the NIFL. The league office has a bad habit of not returning phone calls. So is this some kind of mixup or is Cincinnati outright lying?
My guess is that it's some big F'up but I'm still holding out for some more information!

Return to “NIFL”