Mike Lind Is A Douchebag!

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Bruce B
Site Admin

Post by Bruce B » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:06 pm

An interesting point has been brought up that I didn't think of last night, and that's the matter of the NIFL allowing players from a defunct team to move to another team within the league. While players whose contracts have been broken almost certainly have the right to seek work elsewhere, I think the NIFL would have the right to restrict player movement from team to team within the league, which is perfectly understandable since it's not a good thing to have one surviving team sign up all the best players from a team that folded.

In the situation with the Phantoms, the best thing the NIFL could do would be to hold a dispersal draft of the players so the NIFL rights to players would be transferred evenly among the surviving teams. Better for the NIFL to see some or most of these players pop up on other rosters around the league than to lose them altogether to the GLIFL or UIF (for instance), who are not required to honor NIFL contracts or rights. A player would be within his rights to check out the other leagues, since there were over 90 indoor/arena pro teams out there when the season started. It's not like there's no demand for good football players.

No matter what, I don't know that a call to the NIFL office would produce a straight answer. A lawyer (or law clinic) would be the better bet.

Phormer Phantom
Site Admin

Mike Lind: NIFL Player?

Post by Phormer Phantom » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:44 pm

We heard that from day one. He told us that his "good friend" Orande Gadsden wanted him to play for the Miami Morays and then the ownership opportunty came around. I wish it really happened. We would have applauded while they carried him off the field. The only shame in that would be that we were not allowed to hit him ourselves.

Eyesonyou
Site Admin

Post by Eyesonyou » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 pm

He was not going to play with Orande...that was just another one of his pathetic lies.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:59 pm

A guess... Lind wants compensation for teams acquiring "his" players.

herb1
Site Admin

He has and controls nothing

Post by herb1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:52 pm

The Players should just go make any deal they can to try and salvage something . Lind has broken every agreement he ever made. The office was locked and closed down by the landlord weeks ago. Personally I do not think he could find an attorny in this hemisphere that would go anywhere near him.
Actually if you want have some fun go here Copy this URL

http://205.166.161.12/OncoreV2/

Then search for lind,m ,michael, michael a A treasure trove of goodies for sure.
I ask you how in the world could CS have considered him a legitimate owner in the first place ? This has been the pattern of no due-diligence being performed with ownership groups.

Phormer Phantom
Site Admin

Will the defendant please rise?

Post by Phormer Phantom » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:48 am

The @#it is going to hit the fan pretty soon. In a few years, Mike Lind will be the only person in South Florida driving a $100,000 automobile with license plates that he made himself!

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

i agree

Post by ronaldoswalt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:02 pm

he messed up the end of our schedule and i love his current website

Return to “NIFL”