Pifl

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
outside source
Site Admin

Pifl

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:34 pm

http://71.18.64.56/

For your viewing pleasure. Yes, it uses the original indoor football name, Professional Indoor Football League, but none that were involved then are now.

All new leagues are met with skepticism so we invite you to take all the usual shots, but if this works, it will be the kind of league everybody says they want.

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

:pifl:

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 pm

AWESOME, I could get excited about this....if it's real of course

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Time will tell how real it is, but it's not a joke

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:02 pm

This would definitely be a great move at the right time. There is no real quality indoor league as things stand right now.

This would seem to be the perfect place for a group of strong teams to join and have a voice in being a member of a strong and quality league that's built to promote the game and each of the franchises. A voice in how the league grows and who's admitted into their league.

I hope this PIFL is the answer for fans of indoor football.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:10 pm

fwp wrote:This would definitely be a great move at the right time. There is no real quality indoor league as things stand right now.

This would seem to be the perfect place for a group of strong teams to join and have a voice in being a member of a strong and quality league that's built to promote the game and each of the franchises. A voice in how the league grows and who's admitted into their league.

I hope this PIFL is the answer for fans of indoor football.
Darn, talk about pressure

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

for and against

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:17 pm

For: "Every team that starts the season...."

Against: The map insinuating a league of 20+ teams.

Keep the league size no larger than 8 teams.

A huge league size doesn't allow for a waiting list of owners to develop and takeover teams as teams lose lots of money each year. Owners will be able to move/sell their teams in the offseason easier if there's a waiting list of filthy rich people.

You are 100% correct in making the "Every team that starts the season...." statement as priority #1 on your list! Good job dude!

I would even go farther in making it a requirement to field a team in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles to get an ESPN cable TV contract. Too many teams will dilute the TV contract's riches. Have an Atlantic and Pacific division with 4 teams each.

Copy David Dixon's USFL plan and include a legalized (not a gentleman's agreement) salary cap feature, so the league can't spend itself to death.

I like your version of the AFL's Fan Bill of Rights!
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:27 pm

If we can't do it right, we won't be doing it. Not to say all will be perfect, but we're not in this to create something like some other leagues have. There's just no reason in my mind to do that. For one very good reason I don't want CS size headaches.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:48 pm

Going to answer the why question, even though it hasn't been asked. In six years I've dealt with probably 100 teams in indoor football. If not that many, seems like it. I think I've heard every complaint there is, seen most bad happen first hand.

Even when I've been outside the NIFL, I've had teams come to me for advice or just to vent.

I'm not alone in this venture, I do have a partner. Neither one of us owns a team, nor do we want to. Neither of us wants to run things, better qualified people than us to do that, but we do want to set it up right and oversee it to make sure it runs as designed. Also my life long goal hasn't been to start a league, but there's a point when you say enough is enough, you either keep talking about better or step into the fire and actually try to make a difference.

Frustration can lead us to do crazy things at times and I now know I am crazy by doing this, but if those that talk of wanting something better, teams, existing and new, are serious, well here's the opportunity.

treyb 37
Site Admin

If This Is Real... I'd Like To Offer My Service's To Design Website's For The Team's

Post by treyb 37 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:00 am

Please keep me in mind for any perspective team's that might look to join the league... I'd like to have an opportunity at designing their website... or even handle some marketing effort's via the internet... I can provide sample's of flyer's I sent out for an AIFL ( which folded before the season - Binghamton Brigadier's ) for about 3 months late last year...and even a sample of the site I was working on for the owner of the Brigadier's...I'm looking to get into webdesign in professional sport's- football...

Trey
TBRAID@COMCAST.NET

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:11 am

I can't wait to write about this league!

Return to “NIFL”