Home ...Home on The Range...

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
jimbo32712
Site Admin

Home ...Home on The Range...

Post by jimbo32712 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:10 pm

In the spirit of all the disasters in the NIFL this year...and on the heels of the second of Osceola's cancelled road trips...and their last home game with a replacement opponent. I thought I would redo the lyrics of a verse of an all time favorite in preparation for our home game tommorow vs... West Palm Beach.. There are so many things us in Osceola take for granted and really should be thankful for once looking around the league and seeing what else is going on out there...We really have a lot to be thankful for so I wrote a lil song about it and it goes a lil something like this... Remember to sing this to the tune of Home on the range...thats important..here we go

Oh give me a home.....where the boards have padded foam...... and the rent and the players are both paid.... Where forfeit isnt heard and foldings for the birds.....and the field has both goalposts in play...

Thank you..goodnight..tip your waitresses

thorgsd
Site Admin

Post by thorgsd » Sat May 13, 2006 3:27 am

jimbo32712 wrote:
Oh give me a home.....where the boards have padded foam...... and the rent and the players are both paid.... Where forfeit isnt heard and foldings for the birds.....and the field has both goalposts in play...

Thank you..goodnight..tip your waitresses
Same song...second verse... 'should sound better- but its gonna sound worse... (in the tune of the chorus)

green turf for a floor, and harleys carry dancers through the door,
our announcer's a pro and the dj's a cool "Joe"
Leisure Bay Industries 'gonna make it a go!
Last edited by thorgsd on Sat May 13, 2006 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

disappointed

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat May 20, 2006 4:45 am

This was damn funny...You all have no props for me? Cmon...I thought it was pretty clever!

kristin411
Site Admin

Props to Jimbo!!

Post by kristin411 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:14 am

I'll give you "props" Jimbo,, It WAS pretty funny! You are right,, you guys DO have it pretty good. Palm Beach is trying to get things fixed down there though. They actually ARE in Fayetteville now,,and NO,, they didn't drive themselves there this time. (they took a Charter Bus,,a plane certainly would have been better though considering the distance) I am just hoping they have a decent game! :D
Last edited by kristin411 on Sat May 20, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat May 20, 2006 11:13 am

K411, the Fayetteville Observer said it ws 679 miles for your team to travel up here, that would be 11-12 hours on a bus. After your two weeks here, think about a trip to the Show-Me state to take on River City, I think they are near St. Louis.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

good stuff

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat May 20, 2006 1:21 pm

You gotta take a bus on that trip ...Driving in cars just isnt a good idea....So many things could go wrong...So glad to see they got a bus...Also props to your owner for playing out their road schuedule instead of folding the team. Good luck in Fayetteville...Theyre a good team so this will really be a barometer to test your team by. On a different thread i made my own rankings because i thought the massey rankings looked screwy...I put Palm Beach at 16th unlike massey who head them at 21.... If they win this weekend they will surely move way up.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat May 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Jimbo, where is the love man, aren't you going to wish something like may the better team win today in Fayetteville. Every game is a challenge and no one for sure can predict what an outcome can be. Anyhow, I hope it's a good game and that we come out on top. I can see also that you don't like the rankings, I don't put much faith in them. I wish we had a coach's poll which I think would be a bit more realistic. Later Drew.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

????

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat May 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Just thinking playoff positioning...Thats All Fayetteville is 2 up on Osceola with the tiebreaker...Thats all ..So naturally I would want Lakeland and Fayetteville to not win to help Osceola's position thats all...

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat May 20, 2006 3:16 pm

I hear ya', but your guys play them back to back I think so I will be pulling for the O's to win both the last few weeks. Good luck.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

true true

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Thats big for us...and you guys....we need lakeland to lose 1 and beat them twice....Tall order but it can be done.. We shouldnt have lost to palm beach...that was bad...but we were down a bunch of players...It happens..not to mention the long layoff between cames courtesy of montgomery and dayton...We didnt play a real team for a while...The semi pro maulers did their best under the circumstances but it just wasnt a fair fight...then the cancelled game in dayton...So it is fair to say there was some rust. But anyhow it will get really interesting toward the end of the year... Should be fun too...

Return to “NIFL”