Dayton Bulldogs become MASON BULLDOGS???

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Dayton Bulldogs become MASON BULLDOGS???

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:58 pm

While most of you don't care, I found this interesting: The DAYTON BULLDOGS will be playing just North of Cincinnati and just South of Dayton. Does this making them the MASON Bulldogs hehe. I just hope this move keeps them afloat for the rest of this season and gives them a running start on next year.

BULLDOGS MOVE TO WALL 2 WALL SOCCER

DAYTON, OH– The Bulldogs will finish their 2006 season home games at Wall 2 Wall Soccer in Mason, Ohio.

Denise Jackson, a member of the Bulldogs’ owner group, said, “We want to thank all of our Dayton area sponsors for their support. We contacted several facilities in Dayton, but, unfortunately, the facilities would be unable to meet NIFL regulations.”

Jackson continued, “Wall 2 Wall Soccer has been more than supportive, and the facility meets our current needs and the NIFL requirements.”

According to Wall 2 Wall Soccer’s website, “Our name may be soccer, but we are much more than that.” The facility, located at 846 Reading Road, offers its space for soccer, football, baseball, ultimate frisbee, youth programs, dodge ball, parties, trade shows, and other special events.

Tickets will be available at the door before each game, and general admission tickets cost $10.

For information on Wall 2 Wall Soccer, please visit http://www.wall2wallsoccer.com

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed May 10, 2006 5:57 pm

Are there even any FAN SEATS???

From the photos, didn't look like it.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Wed May 10, 2006 6:25 pm

As I have heard it reported, they are going to "bring in chairs"

I'm going to have to go see this to believe it.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:56 pm

It also seems to have a very low ceiling for indoor football. Looks to be well under 30 feet. Should be interesting for kickoffs.

Just when you think you've seen it all, the NIFL never ceases to amaze. And we thought the Del Ray Tennis Center idea for Palm Beach was bad...

:rolleyes:
Last edited by phydeaux72 on Wed May 10, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billy5
Site Admin

A few questions

Post by Billy5 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Jamie wrote:As I have heard it reported, they are going to "bring in chairs"

I'm going to have to go see this to believe it.
Looks like a great building for many things except football. I have the following questions:

1) what do they do for walls
2) not a great view from chairs behind dasher boards
3) how tall is the roof

Dell does not make a computer big enough to mess up indoor football like CS has done this league.

The look for HP continues:
We may have to call in "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Not sure...

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:14 pm

While I'm not sure how wall2wall will work out for indoor football, I'm looking forward to making the game on Friday night.

And let's not compare this to the W. Palm Beach issue...at least the Bulldogs are looking for a new place to have their home games! They didn't PACK IT IN and GIVE UP and that as far as I am concerned is a great thing for them. Hopefully they will get some positive pub and get their heads on straight.

Anyone know if the team is actually for sale? (rumor I have heard) I don't want to spread it I just want someone that has a little insight to get me come clarification.

MarshalsFAN80

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Wed May 10, 2006 9:09 pm

MarshalsFAN80 wrote:While I'm not sure how wall2wall will work out for indoor football, I'm looking forward to making the game on Friday night.

And let's not compare this to the W. Palm Beach issue...at least the Bulldogs are looking for a new place to have their home games! They didn't PACK IT IN and GIVE UP and that as far as I am concerned is a great thing for them. Hopefully they will get some positive pub and get their heads on straight.

Anyone know if the team is actually for sale? (rumor I have heard) I don't want to spread it I just want someone that has a little insight to get me come clarification.

MarshalsFAN80
Just so you know WPB did not pack it in as you said above. The owner is still playing all the games but just more of a road team than anything else. He has plenty of moeny to back the team and to make things right for the fans in WPB next year
GO FORCE and ICE

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed May 10, 2006 9:11 pm

Yeah, and hopefully the South Florida Expo Center will work this time!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

mason

Post by ronaldoswalt » Wed May 10, 2006 10:01 pm

how far is it from dayton

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Wed May 10, 2006 10:53 pm

25-30 minutes drive

and the ceiling won't be a problem... its as low as many small arenas and there is no scoreboard hanging down the middle.

If it is the place I think it is, I was there when the Cinci Swarm (af2) held their tryouts there. I remember watching the kickers try out and there was no problem with the ceiling.

don't know what they are going to do for seating and dasher boards... its all a sad embarassment, really.

Return to “NIFL”