Osceola Football Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
OutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by OutlawsFan » Wed May 17, 2006 4:10 am

outlaw1: We're talking pro/semi-pro football, right? Where players change teams more often than Floridians change their underwear. There are former players from Billings playing in Rapid City, Tri-Cities, and Wyoming. It's the nature of the business. There are 2.5 times as many people in Dade county alone than all of Montana so Florida football had better be intense. We love our football just as much here, "Mountain West" folks just aren't afraid of the snow. How is it you guys have six wins? Were two by forfeit? Wasn't one against the team that just beat you at home? Us Westerners are curious Kreatures (wait, isn't that name already taken???) Lucky to have a winning record, huh? Good luck with the playoff push. I would love to see you knock off Lakeland.

outlaw1
Site Admin

ot a personal shot...

Post by outlaw1 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:55 pm

We hope to see the other Outlaws in the playoffs as well. Sorry, but right now, Osceola has a bitter taste from the game vs. WP. That was just a reaction type post from a bitter fan. (me) Sorry about that. If the d-line gets healthy and returns, I think Osceola will get back on track. This weekend will be a real test. I'm gone until I have something to be happy about. Go Osceola.
Last edited by outlaw1 on Wed May 17, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

whats wrong

Post by ronaldoswalt » Wed May 17, 2006 4:26 pm

whats happening to the outlaws they seemed to be so strong

outlaw1
Site Admin

Call it what you want

Post by outlaw1 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:13 pm

To be honest, I do not want to start making excuses for fear that the WP owner may come back and curse the world again. However, Osceola was puting a thorough whooping on them until the wheels fell off. 5 turnovers in one half. All but one were in the red zone. Also, several key injuries are hampering the D from what I hear. But I hear most will return for this week in Miami. They are still the same Osceola. Major wake up call. It happens.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm

Come on, Osceola has been through a lot this year, all because of other teams (Billings, Charlotte, Palm Beach, Montgomery, Dayton, and Jacksonville to name a few). Yet they've managed to pull a winning effort, so give them respect.

Here's my Indoor Bowl prediction:

Billings 51
Osceola 48

2007:
Billings Outlaws
Osceola Posse
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

TheBetterOutlaws
Site Admin

Post by TheBetterOutlaws » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:14 pm

Anyone excited about the 2 upcoming games in Lakeland....what do you think the attendance will be for that first game in Osceola...maybe 3,500. dont think they have hit 3,000 there yet. have they?

jimbo32712
Site Admin

Osceola

Post by jimbo32712 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:15 pm

We had around 3000 for the last 2 home games...Our attendance is better than most teams in the league. The game vs Lakeland will be a good size. They are promoting the heck out of it and Lakeland is only about 30-40 mins from Osceola so Im sure alot of their fans will make the trip as our fans will make the trip to Lakeland on the 24th.
Last edited by jimbo32712 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:42 am

The Osceola team I saw in F'vile seemed pretty good and I will be pulling for them to make it in the playoffs. A rumor up here is that the Guard just wants a rematch for sure with Lakeland and of couse the Indoor Title. I talked to some players and they said you guys were better. Good luck and I hope to see you come back here to play. Drew.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

yep

Post by jimbo32712 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Osceola seems to play up or down to the level of the competition. They knew Fayetteville woould be a big test for them and played well and had a chance to win both games. Then playing teams like Florida and Palm Beach they seemed to have more of a sense that all they had to do was show up and they would win. Maybe it comes from all the forfeits (palm beach, Dayton,) and the replacement Montgomery team. Its hard to get up for a real game when you havent played many of them.

TheBetterOutlaws
Site Admin

Post by TheBetterOutlaws » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:42 pm

no home playoff game...even if they get one. that sucks

Return to “NIFL”