outlaw1
Site Admin

What!!!!

Post by outlaw1 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Still stunned!!!!

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon May 15, 2006 1:22 pm

I have an idea for what I'm going to vocalize when they play the Lone Ranger music:

Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
GET A FRIGGIN' NAME!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

thorgsd
Site Admin

Post by thorgsd » Mon May 15, 2006 2:53 pm

Minor League Man wrote:I have an idea for what I'm going to vocalize when they play the Lone Ranger music:

Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
GET A FRIGGIN' NAME!
Had a name
Had a name
Had a name name name
Had a name
Had a name
Had a name name name
spent the dough
on the brand
up the wazu-uu-uu
and the niffle
said 2 bad 4 u!

Theory is, no new name until Sylvia Browne (world renown psychic) advises them that no new teams are going to pop up after the fact and claim that the name is theirs.

outlaw1
Site Admin

get a clue

Post by outlaw1 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Next verse for Minor League Man

get a clue
get a clue
get a clue clue clue
get a clue
get a clue
get a clue clue clue

Hmmm!! How many times do we have to repeat ourselves, and how long ago did this happen? I think you might want to set your flex capaciter to May2006 there Dr. Brown. Old story. We are Osceola, were the Outlaws, and that's the end of that.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Minor League Man wrote:I have an idea for what I'm going to vocalize when they play the Lone Ranger music:

Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
Get a name
Get a name name name
Get a name
GET A FRIGGIN' NAME!
I thought we told you to stop taking the Niffle website and Niffle press releases as gospel.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon May 15, 2006 4:57 pm

It says on the website, "Osceola Football."

http://www.osceolafootball.com

Which team's called,
Which team's called,
The Outlaws,
Billings guys,
Though the Niffle,
Doesn't recognize,
But Osceola,
Is just,
Osceola Football,
They will play for the name
In the INDOOR BOWL!
Last edited by Minor League Man on Mon May 15, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

OutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by OutlawsFan » Tue May 16, 2006 1:34 am

Been a spectator, time to be a player. The Billings Outlaws have been around since at least 2002. It's too bad the whole name thing got screwed up to begin with. For some reason unknown to most of us in Billings, we became the Mavericks last season only (although we still called the team the Outlaws). We were very happy to see our name return with a great team again. Best of luck Osceola, may we meet in the name bowl (A.K.A. Indoor Bowl VI).

OriginalOutlaw
Site Admin

Post by OriginalOutlaw » Tue May 16, 2006 4:02 am

Nice piece of history, OutlawFan, you've inspired me to toss in my 2 cents worth. Let me add to the history. Last year, Osceola Football was Kissimmee Kreatures and had a very forgettable season. I can see why they'd change the name. The Outlaws trademark does, in fact, belong to Billings and we will retain that right. Thorgsd was right, it sucks having a new team like Osceola popping up trying to take our name... P.S. As for the "Better Outlaws", we lost one game - a highly disputed 3-point loss on the road to last years champs. Osceola has yet to beat a winning team (they've only even PLAYED one, and lost to them twice). They couldn't even beat Palm Beach at home...

outlaw1
Site Admin

Billings or Cavs

Post by outlaw1 » Tue May 16, 2006 12:06 pm

Hmmmm. Shouldn't your name be the team formerly known as the Cavs? Looks like your entire roster is Wyoming from last year. Keep in mind one little fact. Florida football is much more intense than that of the midwest. So even the "" bad teams are good. Hence FSU, UF, Miami, UCF, USF, not to mention our Southern sister states w/ UGA, BAMA, Auburn, GT, UNC, USC. Who makes up your team? Mountain West colleges? Playoffs are right around the corner. We'll see you there.

OriginalOutlaw
Site Admin

Post by OriginalOutlaw » Wed May 17, 2006 3:44 am

Um, playing only 2 teams the entire year which presently have a winning record is nothing to brag about - especially if you lose all of those games. A major powerhouse in the Atlantic Conference (where I hear they play really intense football) is the RiverCity Rage. Actually, RiverCity is a very good team, but Osceola won't get the opportunity to lose to them like they will the other Atlantic Division leaders. Funny how the Rage are ranked higher than Osceola (Massey Rating) and RiverCity has lost only one game all year - at home - to the Billings Outlaws. P.S. - Your trash is weak.

Return to “NIFL”