Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Wed May 10, 2006 7:49 pm

Ok just got my tickets for Sat night's game. I sat down and had a few words with Bobby Jackson(Guard GM) while I was down there. First thing great man very friendly and open about anything, anyone cares to know about. He gave me so really good facts about the whole WPB team. The owner is very well off when it comes to money and the arena is the reason they have no home to to play in this year. The owner was told to pack things up until next year and he said no way would he let his name be mud for doing that. He is playing out BIG $$$$ to keep the team playing this year. So that shows you what kinda owner they really have down there in WBP. Now back to our Guard We will be having the May 27th game here in Fayetteville now due to the WBP issuse. 7 Straight home games Come on people how sweet is that going to be to have our team here for that many home games in a row and then rolling right into the playoffs. We have got to get the word out and pack the house. There maybe some new military ticket prices out there soon so if you know anyone military get the word to them too. We have something good on our hands here people lets do what it takes to keep them around for years to come. Until next time................GO GUARD
GO FORCE and ICE

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:58 am

We'll I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it this week....I might just have to go to one game in June... GO GUARD!!!!!!!
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:20 am

Just saw on the league website that players of the week have been posted. Unfortunately, Walter Ford was not selected this week. However, Wilmont Perry was named the Offensive Player of the Week. Congratulations Wilmont!!! Keep up the great work.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Thu May 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Another player of the week for the Guard way to go. Keep up the good work. I wonder if the palyer gets a bonus or anything for being selected player of the week
GO FORCE and ICE

FayGuard06
Site Admin

A message from Bobby Jackson

Post by FayGuard06 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 pm

We need your help! We spent nearly 10K this week in advertisement (radio, other media outlets, distributing fliers etc.) What can we do to get more fans in the stands? We had only 2097 people in the stands this past friday and a large number of no-shows. We have a championship team but not a championship fan base. We have GOT to pack that coliseum!! I know many of you want to help so please do. Call me on my cell at 910-583-0213 or call Katina at 910-482-4328 with any ideas etc.

Thanks so much for supporting us.

Bobby Jackson
General Manager

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:39 pm

It's frustrating. Me and my mom are telling quite a few people about it, so we're trying. I just don't understand why people don't care about a team this awesome. People have got a chance to watch one of their teams win a championship! How is that not exciting? And even for the people who could care less how well Fayetteville's teams do, coming out to a Guard game is still a Saturday night well spent. You can't walk out of there after a game saying you didn't have fun. Every time I've brought someone to a game, they've loved it. It's just sad more people don't come. All I can think of is that the novelty of indoor football has worn out here. The Wildcats got 5,000-6,000 people per game in their first season, which was probably because Fayetteville had never seen indoor football before, and was curious to try it out. After that first season, though, people stopped coming, and an indoor football game here has never really had a big crowd since. That's the only logical reason I can think of, because other than that, there's no reason why people shouldn't want to come to Guard games. At least you guys in the front office are trying. The Wildcats totally shafted us (funny to note, since they left Fayetteville, their team has been awful), but you guys really want to make it work here in Fayetteville, and that's awesome. Hopefully things will get better in the stands, because on the field, things are going pretty well. :)

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Mon May 15, 2006 9:05 pm

I hope for the team is gets better. I brought as many as my crew cab would hold but we might try to drive two vehicles in the future as we have several wanting to come now. I passed out about 30-40 handouts about the game to friends of mine but most would have to travel anywhere from 1.5 to 2 plus hours like we do to see them play. I am a firm believer that once you go you will come back. Last weekend also had Mother's day on Sunday and some guys might have been out of town to visit. This week as a matter of fact is payday for military and civil service so everyone should have money. I used my ID to get tickets and like the idea of the $13 tickets now available to the guys in uniform. I am not sure of the rotation schedule at Bragg but the troops could be in the field or leaving Bragg at any time so that can play a factor.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Mon May 15, 2006 10:58 pm

FayGuard06, I am not sure how hard and heavy you guys have been on Bragg or if you have been to the right places. Anyhow, here is a list of suggestions on Bragg:
1. Get in touch with the B.O.S.S. program for single soldiers.
2. Get tickets and advertisement over to Tickets and Tours, 396-8747/8687.
3. Put flyers/posters to both bowling centers.
4. Put flyers/posters out at all PT centers, there are 12 located on Bragg.
5. BlackJack Rec. Center has some business and a Cyber cafe, flyers again.
6. Do appearances at Sports USA club and Willies Sports bar at the O-club.
7. This week send people to the Ft. Bragg Fair that runs until the 21st.
8. Get in good with ACS (Army Community Services), they have all the know.

Last here's a link to try for numbers http://www.fortbraggmwr.com/index.html

Hope this helps, and also you might try to get people over to the mall.
GTDREW

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:54 am

GTDREW wrote:I used my ID to get tickets and like the idea of the $13 tickets now available to the guys in uniform.
I think that's one thing that should be permanent. This is the military's team, and a ticket price that cheap would get more of them out to the Crown, I'd imagine. The fact that it was Mother's Day weekend may have been the reason why there weren't as many people at the game Saturday night, but I bet if the $13 ticket thing was done again this Saturday, I bet it might work. It's worth another try.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Tue May 16, 2006 5:52 pm

I do believe Bobby Jackson told me the $13 tickets are here to stay. It will be $13 for military anywhere in the house. I am sure if I am wrong on this I will be corrected by someone in the front office. I will be heading down tomorrow to get my "In your face" tickets for this weekends game. Hopefully the Canes game want hurt us to bad this weekend. Hopefully the ticket plan for next year will work out and that should really help bring people in
GO FORCE and ICE

Return to “NIFL”