Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 am

I was feeling productive tonight, so I decided to clean our page on Wikipedia up a bit. I added a season-by-season section which doesn't look like much, but took me quite a while to do. If you guys want to add anything significant to the page (anyone can edit it), go right ahead. Just be sure you know what you're doing first, because editing in Wikipedia can be difficult sometimes. Below is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayetteville_Guard

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri May 05, 2006 2:19 am

Anyone got a score update tonight?? I am sure the game is over by now
GO FORCE and ICE

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:09 am

Guard win, 62-44. Just saw the article on the Observer's web site. :)

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Great win by the Guard now 6-1 heading into next weekend!!!!

GO GUARD!!!
GO GUARD, 6-1 looking at 7-1" this weekend!

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri May 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Looks and sounds like they could not stop Perry. I guess the monster was just o much for them being they had such a short week. Way to take care of business GUARD now fans lets pack the house when they come back home.
GO FORCE and ICE

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sat May 06, 2006 12:03 am

Guys you missed a great game last night. All together I would say there were about 15 or so Guard fans there. I liked the venue, but the officials sucked and the fake crowd noise over the PA was terrible. The fans there were pretty good, but as usual a few talked trash, but then again so did I. We need to fill the stands next week. I stopped by and bought tickets at the office today, and picked up a few fliers. It's hard to get a bunch of people my way to come due to the distance, but I am going to try and get over to both Lejeune and of course I work at MCAS Cherry Point. Can't wait for the next game. GO GUARD!!!!

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Sun May 07, 2006 1:48 pm

Hey Drew, Since you were there, maybe you can answer a question for me. I can't get the box score on the NIFL site and can't find the game summary anywhere else. Did Mitch play in Charleston? He got hurt at the home game and then didn't play last weekend either. Just wondering if it is still bothering him or if hes better. Thanks.

Lets get a big crowd for the game Saturday night. Lets welcome the boys back home in style.

GO GUARD!!!!!

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Sun May 07, 2006 9:49 pm

GF3, The stats were controlled by Charleston, not sure why they are not on the site but I was told the home team is reasponsible for the reporting issue. Anyhow, Mitch did not play, I talked with him and he is still working on the Hamstring injury. I told him we were a better team with him in there. He makes us have another threat on offense and relives the burden from Wilmont and Walter. He also makes them cover us different allowing him or JJ to get open. He said if all goes well with this long break he will play in the back at the Crown next week. One other thing to mention, our kicker still needs work. Not sure how much practice he's doing but if we are going to use his spot for someone else then his kicks should be automatic. I feel that from what I have seen his days are numbered unless he shows remarkable improvement. 40 yard FG should give us points every time, and an XP should be the same. Just my opinion. Later Drew.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:11 pm

Thanks Drew. We are a better team with Mitch out there, but I have been worried about him since he came off the field against Osceola. Not having had a home game, I haven't had a chance to see how he's doing, but I am glad he's getting better. It will be good to see him back out there.

As for the kicker, I agree that he should be making more than he is. I saw the numbers from the Lakeland game, and since we decided to bring in a kicker, he should have better stats than that. Hopefully, he is getting in a lot of practice this week and will be much improved when they boys come home.

Just a reminder, representatives from the Guard will be at Books-A-Million on Tuesday for their Teacher Appreciation event from 5:30-7:30. All teachers with ID will be elegible to register for door prizes--Guard and FireAntz contributed--and will also receive 20% off purchases.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Wed May 10, 2006 2:06 pm

I wish the website would be updated better than what it is being. I mean come on the Swampdogs have not even begin to play and they are keeping their website current. We are half way thru the season and it looks bad. The fans and future fans need something to keep them current on the team. We have to build a bigger true fan base just like the Fireantz have done. I think this level of arena football can make it here in Fayetteville just needs a little work thats all. I want to also want to say thanks for the work the front office has done so far
GO FORCE and ICE

Return to “NIFL”