The return of the NIFL

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:32 am

Thinking out loud.

I, owner of the Buffalo Bills, with a fan base all over the country because they've had to get out of Buffalo (in the interest of full disclosure, one of my locals is a Bills bar... we're talking Portland, Oregon), have a decision to make. My stadium isn't getting any younger. I'm worried about the market. There's this huge metropolis about 100 miles away, in a different country that can be totally carried by being in the market...

...as the guaranteed 2nd team in the market because Canada's national passion still is hockey, with the likely stadium being too small, and the ONLY way I'm getting public funds for a new stadium is if, at least 16 years down the road, Toronto lands the Olympics.

Well, I can still play up an angle about probably making more money per seat in Toronto because of the market size... because I still think I can use that leverage to get a new stadium in Buffalo, where being the king makes me more money.

What, Los Angeles? I can't own the team there. They expect me to pay for the stadium if I move there, it would have been much better sited where that darned LA Live is now... and there are many reasons they lost NFL in the first place. Never mind that Al Davis keeps kicking the tires.

So I act like I'm about to leave. It's a semi-bluff at best. Something COULD happen to want to leave town, but it better be something really juicy. Buffalo may be in a long-time funk, but the road to elsewhere is also paved with IOUs.

Oh, it's an indoor thread. Was it William Munny or Joe Newman who said "deserve's got nothin' to do with it"? Does Buffalo WANT arena or indoor football?
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 am

Pounder there is no mystery here really as a Buffalo Bills fan that lives in Buffalo. Ralph Wilson is 90 plus years old and isn't going to move the Buffalo Bills at his age in my opinion. Understand Ralph Wilson 90 plus is in my opinion heavily protected from even the media now in Buffalo. His PR people wisk him away from tough questions.

In my opinion and it is only my opinion no proof. I think the Buffalo Bills are being run by a team of lawyers and club personal day to day. Meaning in my opinion Ralph Wilson isn't making deccissions at his age like a aka Jerry Jones by himself this is only opinion again no proof. Ralph Wilson isn't moving or trying to pull anything over on Buffalo in my opinion. The Toronto deal was a $78 million dollar grab of money from the late Ted Rogers in my opinion by the Buffalo Bills deccission makers.

If it worked great then Ralph Wilson estate has another bidder at the table. It gave the Toronto folks a trial run. But the problem is that it failed alot worse then Rogers Corp. thought in my opinion. Will there be a Toronto bid proablely but I don't think there go all out like before because of the Bills Toronto failure in my opinion.

If you ask me business head greed wise I would bet the house the Buffalo Bills some how end up in Los Angeles when it is all said and done. Meaning after Ralph Wilson is no longer with us the Buffalo Bills joining the Los Angeles Clippers/former Buffalo Braves in Los Angeles. So two of my favorite Buffalo teams would be in Los Angeles in my opinion. There is no mystery pounder in my opinion.

The Buffalo market doesn't have the corporate support for the NFL anymore in my opinion. Yes our market is getting older but the Buffalo Bills fan base for regular fan seats is fairly young in my opinion. Remember pounder the Buffalo Bills have been so so for a decade. The Buffalo Bills is mostly now the before the game experience now. Buffalo is one of the tailgating capitals of the NFL. That isn't mostly old fans it is mostly young 20 and 30 something fans. Also helping that is the Buffalo Bills have so of the lowest season ticket prices in the NFL right now. Yes there are old fans too but from what I see it is a young fan base. Again that whole paragraph is just one persons opinion mine.

The problem like I said is corporate wise Buffalo is a mess in my opinion. With Toronto they have that but fans that are like you would find in Los Angeles. Meaning Toronto is a major city not just of canada but the world. There are lots of things to do and watch in Toronto a so so NFL team isn't high on a Toronto persons list in my opinion. Also what american NFL fans don't understand is the NFL has grown in Toronto but still for most part isn't a big deal in Toronto in my opinion.

Canadiens everything doesn't stop for the NFL like it does in alot of american cities in my opinion. Fans not close to the situation like I am seem to miss that point. If I had to choose where would the Buffalo Bills be better off if my choice wasn't Buffalo. I would pick Los Angeles/Anaheim over Toronto. I would even pick San Antonio over Toronto.

Because with Toronto NFL american fans see all the corporate wealth in Toronto but they fail to realize with Toronto comes different sets of problems in my opinion. That the NFL in my opinion found out with the Buffalo Bills deal which outside Ralph Wilson getting $78 million dollars has been a disaster in my opinion. And as you know pounder I am a Buffalonian but I realize this team will most likely being moved in my opinion after Ralph Wilson but it won't be most likely to Toronto because they failed in being all hot and excited for the NFL.

Yes the Buffalo Bills was Toronto NFL test and they failed in my opinion. Plus your dealing with the CFL which to us Americans is triple-a football. But for canada it is there own major league. Why would canada give up all 9 CFL franchises and independence from the NFL for one team for Toronto? Ask yourself that question pounder if you a canadien in Vancouver or Montreal? Your say what do you mean BSF just Toronto would be potentially affected no. Because Toronto is the main carrier for a CFL canadien network tv contract no Toronto CFL team or great lose of CFL interest in Toronto because of NFL fulltime team and I could see where the CFL doesn't make it in my opinion with no Toronto CFL team or at best a great reduce of interest Toronto CFL team if NFL came to Toronto fulltime.

See what I am saying it most likely won't happen for the Buffalo Bills in Toronto fulltime. As for the stadium pounder the Buffalo Bills have leavage but the problem is one where is the new stadium money coming from? New York State is broke in my opinion there not funding a stadium in Buffalo. But let's say they do how does that help the Buffalo Bills corporate situation see what I mean. Buffalo isn't going to sell more boxes in said new stadium mostly likely in my opinion.

Look I know I sound very negative but this isn't a Buffalo thing either in my opinion Cleveland is next. There not selling like they once were either in my opinion. Rust best cities have alot of economic problems that go way beyond NFL football in my opinion. But I also see this for Cincinnati, Kansas City mid size cities not being enough for the top 10 to 12 major cities in the US for the NFL to want anymore in the future in my opinion. Believe me it won't stop with Buffalo in my opinion. Buffalo is just the first in many down the road in my opinion.

I see major league sports in the next 20 years as scary and very different from what we grew up with. Did you ever think we be on the internet today growing up for me in the 1970's I had no idea. I was a kid reading Sports Illustrated saying I can't believe Reggie Jackson got all that money from the New York Yankees that is peanuts today. Reggie got rip off by today's standard see what I am trying to say pounder. Meaning 10 to 12 teams that are like super premire league teams for NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB.

Where your Buffalo's, Kansas City's and Cleveland's are independent meaning there not minor league like we know it today but there not super major either meaning they are like majors today but not major league quality 20 years from now or what fans think off in the future a major league. Meaning yes I could see a day where Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh are UFL cities because the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees are the super premire teams beyond everyone else in there respective sports football or baseball.

Where they just go off pounder on there own like the BCS because the Memphis Tigers of the world don't make enough money like a Texas Longhorns to associate with. I realize fans will say Buffalo Super Fan is out of his mind throw him off the boards. But remember were talking greed here and way into the future in my opinion.

The New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys aren't going to let Buffalo or Cleveland suck on to money like leaches. I am just giving you my opinion pounder what I could see down the road. And yes there will be lots of lawsuits because your down grade someones businesses and yes anti trust issues. Like we debated about triple-a future about a week or so ago. Lawsuits will happen because your forcing out someone business wise against there will because of greed in my opinion.

But the US is capitalism and there is nothing in my opinion that will stop that at the end of the day. I am fine with it if the Dallas Cowboys want to take the NFL to another plane and fans watch and want it good for them. I will still enjoy some kind of Buffalo football like UFL and like I told you a week or so ago the Buffalo Bisons would survive in some independent league of some kind in my opinion if triple-a was to ever go the way you think it might with major league clubs owning teams all in there own markets. But both your case and my case with the NFL there will be lawsuits in my opinion.

I enoy FBS Buffalo Bulls that aren't BCS and I could less if they ever are BCS in Buffalo it just doesn't matter to me that much. I like my Buffalo Bulls MAC football and could care less what the SEC or PAC 10 soon to be PAC 12 does good for them if they can get more dollars. Fans get to caught up and upset about BCS in my opinion in college football just enjoy the games and don't worry so much about it is my motto. I think of the SEC as the NHL and MAC as the WHA you get the idea. There seperate but they provide quality sports entertainment and great debates. Let the MAC be is my motto were ok with our close travel of mostly midwest cities in Ohio and Michigan. With Buffalo and Temple in the MAC. Let us be if fans like PAC 10 wonderful I watch there games when I get a chance but this were going to try and bring you down is silly in my opinion. If your city or school is a bowl champion your a winner be happy in my opinion. I enjoyed going to the Buffalo Bulls minor bowl game the International Bowl in Toronto in 2008. It was minor for most college football fans in the BCS but it was a big deal in Buffalo and to me and that is what it is all about at the end of the day.

I enjoyed my bowl games experience because it was my hometown teams experience. Because BCS is college football greed at hand in my opinion. Watch pounder eventually the Iowa State and Balyor's of the world that are just hanging on in my opinion in BCS will be kicked out down the road if something better comes along. Remember the key word greed and what I am saying is proably 20 years away in the NFL in my opinion if it ever happens at all which is debateable. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:27 am, edited 13 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 pm

May I suggest adding "The above is all my opinion" to your signature? That will allow you to shorten your posts considerably.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:43 pm

[quote=""preeths""]May I suggest adding "The above is all my opinion" to your signature? That will allow you to shorten your posts considerably.[/quote]

In my opinion that is a good idea in my opinion.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 am

[quote=""preeths""]May I suggest adding "The above is all my opinion" to your signature? That will allow you to shorten your posts considerably.[/quote]

Preeths will that cover me from where is your link and proof crowd? Thank you I just did that preeths. I am also calling myself out as a warning to myself because I broke a oursportscentral rule. Look at the topic my post is not about the old NIFL and the topic of NIFL at hand. For that I am publicly apologizing to the old NIFL football fans all of you out there that I am sorry and it won't happen again. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

cRUSHer
Site Admin

Post by cRUSHer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Well no, but I see so much NIFL crap still in the sport today that I get the feeling at times the NIFL is alive and well. I've been around this sport far too long, has left me jaded and seeing NIFL like behavior in the AIFA, CIFL, IFL, and SIFL just makes me want to throw up. How ironic that most in these leagues will say how bad the NIFL was and yet are on the same destructive path.

I can't say I'm a fan of this game, I'm not, but am a fan of the fan and fans just deserve better[/quote]

Then someone needs to make league by league maps,
with the same kind of out of control fires as when the NIFL,
was last seen telling the public teams were playing in facilities
that were actually horse stables. ;)

If anyone remembers that. That is. :)
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 pm

[quote=""cRUSHer""]Then someone needs to make league by league maps,
with the same kind of out of control fires as when the NIFL,
was last seen telling the public teams were playing in facilities
that were actually horse stables. ;)

If anyone remembers that. That is. :) [/quote]

I am past creating fire maps, sorry lol

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Horse Stables?

You must have been to a Harrisburg Stampede home game.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:19 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Horse Stables?

You must have been to a Harrisburg Stampede home game.[/quote]

Some teams in the death throws of the NIFL's last couple of years were set up in what was described as horse barns or rodeo venues. More like barns than anything else. Harrisburg has to be a step up from those.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Some of the places the NIFL claimed as home arenas the final year would make Harrisburg's place look like the Staples Center. Also, I don't believe Harrisburg was using indoor/outdoor carpet as turf or inflatable mattresses as dasher pads.

Return to “NIFL”