The Marshals

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
patmc16
Site Admin

The Marshals

Post by patmc16 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

While in the Columbus, OH area this past weekend, I acquired a football helmet that I believe may be game used from The Marshals that played in the NIFL for part of the '07 season in Dayton, OH. The thing is, I don't remember the logo on the helmet. I know it is not the same as when they played in Waco or Cincinnati. The warranty label inside is from December 2005, so it fits the franchise timeline. I picked it up for next to nothing so I figured I'd take a shot at it being game used. I have attached pictures of the helmet in case anyone can help me out and let me know if this is the helmet they used in '07.

Former Motor City Mechanics & Macomb County Mustangs season ticket holder.

"I like you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless."
- Stewie Griffin

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

That is too cool

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I have only seen that logo once and was never able to find any photos of the Marshals from that season.

Bill Jones recreates the logos and puts them on his collection of gum-ball helmets (he has about 7,000 helmets). He shows that logo for the 2007 Marshals, but I am not sure were he got it.
Check this out; http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... kas/071212

Very cool, I would guess you have a piece of indoor football history there.
Last edited by 50 Yard Fan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

aball
Site Admin

Post by aball » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:38 am

The Marshals only played seven games in 2007 and photos show them wearing helmets with the old Marhals logo. This helmet appears to be a fan replica or fantasy football helmet.

Return to “NIFL”