NIFL not looking to bad now...

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

NIFL not looking to bad now...

Post by indoor fan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:24 pm

With the UIF problems after year three and other leagues folding after one year, the fact that the NIFL survived seven years is a great accomplishment.

How will the UIF look in 2011?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]How will the UIF look in 2011?[/quote]

They probably will have merged with the IFL and become the strongest indoor football league in the history of the sport.

;)

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:57 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]With the UIF problems after year three and other leagues folding after one year, the fact that the NIFL survived seven years is a great accomplishment.
How will the UIF look in 2011?[/quote]
WOW! You lost all credibility with that statement. The UIF has had none of the major problems that beset the NIFL. The NIFL also had less competition back then. If they had started up now while 4-5 leagues are going, teams would've jumped ship to other leagues a lot faster than they did. The NIFL, even during it's height, had many cancelled games and scrub teams. They had an opportunity to do something great with a near monolopoly that they had over the indoor game and instead they squandered it big time. Take off the rose colored glasses please.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 pm

The NIFL will still look like a league that completely blew the advantage of being the only indoor league in the country for a couple of years. We'll be able to look back on its mismanagement as a crash course in what not to do.

The King
Site Admin

season tickets

Post by The King » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 pm

where can I get my season tickets for the start of the season? I am so excited to give my money away that I have decided to buy tickets to each team. I hope I have enough money.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Forget the season tix, just buy that bridge.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:02 pm

[quote=""The King""]where can I get my season tickets for the start of the season? I am so excited to give my money away that I have decided to buy tickets to each team. I hope I have enough money.[/quote]

The WIFL's second season tickets went on sale last week.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Unlike the NIFL, most of its teams are still playing. Fortunately, the WIFL didn't burn markets the way the NIFL did the last couple of years.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:48 pm

If only the WIFL had adopted the NIFL game system...

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Might we postulate from the UIF the following?

Without those teams, the NIFL was squat. Close to zero. That says to me that a league is only as good as its teams (BTW, I don't buy the "only as good as its worst team" line, but also not "best"... it's the average that matters). The success of a team is ultimately determined by the TEAM, not necessarily the league.

Even the UIF teams have the fallen among them. It's not a pretty business in any respect, IMO.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “NIFL”