Swashbucklers 89, Katy 26

The Intense Football League (Intense) forum
redwolf_5
Site Admin

Swashbucklers 89, Katy 26

Post by redwolf_5 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:55 am

Yes, the Bucs fell 2 points shy of the league record in demolishing the Katy Ruff Riders. a few quick stats:
passing: starting QB Alvin Bartie, 15-23, 215 yds, 7 TDs.
Freddie Harrison (with no practice time), 6-8, 95 yards, 2 TDs.
rushing: Kirt Duhon, 9 for 31, 1 TD.
receiving: Shawn Piper, 7 for 98 and 3 Tds.
Henry Hunter, 4 for 74 and 3 TDs inc the history making one that set a new Swashbucklers scoring mark.
Marcus Wilridge, 4 for 62 and 1 TD
Sammy Knight, 3 for 46 and 1 TD.
Charles "Pac man" McRae with a 50 (should be 58 ) yard missed field goal return that he had to leap high in the air to save it from going over the end line to start things.
Warren St. Junious with a 40 yd blocked FG return.
Eddie White with a safety on a sack of Higgs in the end zone when Higsg had to make a big effort to recover a fumble on a low snap(PS almost every snap to Higgs was near the ground or ON it).
Whitney "Disco" Hillin PERFECT on PATs tonight (12 of 12 i think).
340 net yards gained, only 116 net yards allowed.
LA perfect 9 of 9 in red zone. Katy 4 of 8.
La 17 first downs to 7 for Katy.
wayyyy too many penalties. like every kicking play. 10 for Katy, 6 for La, inc at least 2 that killed TD returns.
very good but not filled crowd. some Katy fans made the trip.
For Katy the 2 highlights had to be Darrick Wallace's kick returns, very dangerous and Whitney knew it from playing with him. he kicked a few intentionally out of bounds. needs to be more involved; hardly saw him except on kick returns.
ex-Nebraska QB Jammal Lord was productive and got open on pass routes. caught 8 for 52 yards and 1 easy TD.
alright, the Bucs go to Centex next week, then at Katy, then Centex again at home, then Katy home again. not that Katy needs to have an easier job of scouting but they've got it easy, Swashbucklers next 2 games with 2 BYEs in between. Hmm, may not even watch game film. might give them nightmares,heh,heh. seriously, I'm sure they'll learn from tonight and switch up some stuff, plus they had a bunch of new players,too. Mouton didn't play either. fun next few games. In closing, I think the Swashbucklers look a like a serious force to be reckoned with yet again. LOT of speed in all areas.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:29 pm

for the record.. 90 points is the record, they were 1 point away from a share of the record set by Odessa against San Angelo in 2004 (90) in regular season, and Overall 96 points scored by Odessa in the Intense Bowl 2 over Corpus

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 am

Blow out win against a team many on here were touting as the best in the Intense League. Quite a surprising final score.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:37 pm

With the Sioux Falls loss, Louisiana may have become the favorite in the UIFIFL.
What are you doing here?

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 pm

LC looked very good. Not to take away from the way they played but when any teams have that many problems with the center quarter back exchange bad things are going to happen. Now comes CenTex a team that very few would have started off 2-0. Should be a good game.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:35 pm

[quote=""exit322""]With the Sioux Falls loss, Louisiana may have become the favorite in the UIFIFL.[/quote]
I had Billings, but I'll stick with Billings as they were without Reed and Candler.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

Start The Engraving Process

Post by ronaldoswalt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:41 pm

I see no one other than maybe the Thunder that can play with the BUCS they are one of the best ran franchises in arena or indoor football---So I predict Disco will win back to back in Lake Charles

Intense AK Fan
Site Admin

Post by Intense AK Fan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:23 am

[quote=""lonestarprep""]I see no one other than maybe the Thunder that can play with the BUCS they are one of the best ran franchises in arena or indoor football---So I predict Disco will win back to back in Lake Charles[/quote]

I'll have to agree 100%, this team looks better than last year and they only lost one game., What I see makes them the best team in the IFL is that they are the only team that can play defense and offense, Frisco and C. Christi might be able to score as much as they do, but the Swashbucklers got an unbelievable defense..,

redwolf_5
Site Admin

defense...

Post by redwolf_5 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:05 am

thats true about their defense, AND it could get even better soon :) keep ya posted...

redwolf_5
Site Admin

Shello and Camp back!

Post by redwolf_5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:59 pm

this was the news I alluded to above: makes a good defense even better. Camp may be lighter and quicker b/c I think he may have had an unsuccessful attempt at AFL FB. story below.

Yes, they are back for more. A defense that has been astonishingly dominant in the first three weeks just added two of its most talented players from last year’s championship team. Anthony Camp, one of the leagues most scouted prospects at the linebacker position and Kendall Shello the IFL league leader in sacks last year have returned to add yet more playmakers to the Bucs 2008 defense.

Kendall Shello, the 6’5, 320 lb defensive end registered twelve and a half sacks last year to lead the league and is one of the most feared defenders. His aggressive downright bully type style on the field makes him the home team fans most hated advisory. Shello embellishes playing the villain role on the road.

Anthony Camp who took a coaching position with Louisiana Lafayette had to leave his indoor career behind, or so he thought. He returns to the team that will now field one of the deepest defenses the IFL has ever seen. “Just when you think things are going well, we get even better.” Coach Lee explained. Camp signs in as 6’4, 255 lb linebacker who played the opposite defensive end position of Shello last season.

Return to “Intense”