Joining the AF2

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:05 pm

[quote=""rams80""]Would this be the ones that have more "arena style" rules? (Intense and AIFA?)[/quote]

I don't know about the AIFA. But the IFL will definately NOT be adopting the use of rebound nets, ever. I've asked the owners personally about this and they have no interest of ever adding them to the game. And I'm glad. In my opinion, the nets make the game seem like too much of a gimmick. I much prefer the indoor game without them.

And, as for the nets hindering visibility, I've been to hockey games with nets surrounding the entire rink. When you're focusing on the game, the nets become out of sight, out of mind. You don't even notice them unless you're delibrately trying to look at them.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Don't worry about the NIFL changing ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Sun May 06, 2007 4:33 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]I don't know about the AIFA. But the IFL will definately NOT be adopting the use of rebound nets, ever. I've asked the owners personally about this and they have no interest of ever adding them to the game. And I'm glad. In my opinion, the nets make the game seem like too much of a gimmick. I much prefer the indoor game without them.

And, as for the nets hindering visibility, I've been to hockey games with nets surrounding the entire rink. When you're focusing on the game, the nets become out of sight, out of mind. You don't even notice them unless you're delibrately trying to look at them.[/quote]

to use nets. They don't even have enough turf and dasher boards to go around. Why would they want to worry about nets?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:55 pm

[quote=""preeths""]They're not that difficult to see through. If you're sitting in the first few rows of the endzones, they won't bother you at all.[/quote]

One of the advantages (from my own experience) of not having nets is that it gives the fans a better chance to get stray footballs. Which are nice souvenirs...
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

TalonFan7
Site Admin

Post by TalonFan7 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 pm

the famous forbes article.....

http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2005/0606/158.html

this is mid 2005 but its a great one

Return to “af2”