Texas Copperheads Thread

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
slickjones
Site Admin

Post by slickjones » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:17 pm

It was only a matter of time before they cleaned house. It was a mess from HC to bottom. Any scoop on where Blake has ended up?

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:23 am

[quote=""copperheadfans.com""]how many were at tryouts[/quote]

[quote=""Snake Bitten""]Approximately 40 registrants participated, each hoping to catch the eye of Copperheads Head Coach Ollie Guidry. [/quote]

Don't have an exact count to offer at this time. It was right at 40. Next work out on Nov 17.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:27 am

Haha. Coach wrote his own release. Is he trying to put me out of business? :)

http://www.texascopperheads.com/newsfea ... cle_id=122

Final Tryout

We will be having our final tryout this year Saturday November 17th. The cost of this tryout will be $65.

November 17th will be a skill camp and you will be taught in detail the arena game and how and why we do what we do. Each position will get a full coaching lesson on our drills and our practices. In this camp I do not care about 40yd sprints or vertical, not to say that this isn’t important to me, but I want to see if you can play football and take coaching. So many times players and coaches put so much stock on testing for the shuttle or the vertical, not in this camp.

I want you to just come out on November 17 and show me what you got. November 17th is your chance to really show me how much you know, how much you want to be coached, and we will not focus on times but ability.

Cost: $65 Cash Only!
Time: T.B.D. (Due to High school playoff game scheduling we will not know until the 10th of November)
Date: Saturday November 17th
Items: Bring cleats and workout shorts. T-shirts are provided!
Reserve: Call 832-593-7227 to reserve your spot.
Tryout: This open to any and all participants

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

To Snake Bitten

Post by ronaldoswalt » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:05 am

That is too funny

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:05 am

Blake is the GM and HC for the Drillers over there in that crap hole you call Baumont,or however you spell it,good luck BB

factor
Site Admin

AF2 Copperheads

Post by factor » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:08 am

Are they here in town or what? Something in the market doesn't add up- way to quiet an Berry Center doesn't have them on the schedule--- just 70 or so days away from games.

Anybody?

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:15 am

They are here. The GM left about 2 months ago. Last I heard, he hadn't been replaced....then again I haven't spoke with anyone in the org for about a month now. They continue to solicit ticket sales and sponsorships, but I'm not sure what they are going to do about press, etc. At one time I was going to be helping out with press releases, web site, etc....and that still may eventually happen (or not), but I don't think they've finalized their front office model.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:22 pm

The Copperheads just hired a new GM. We should start hearing more from them/us soon.

Drillers1
Site Admin

Post by Drillers1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote=""Snake Bitten""]The Copperheads just hired a new GM. We should start hearing more from them/us soon.[/quote]

And just in the nick of time! The forth GM in less that 2 seasons? :confused: Looks like Doug is having a hard time finding someone who knows as much about computers as he does! :)

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

Beer and Tailgating - A Texas Football Tradition

Post by ronaldoswalt » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:47 pm

well if you want to have a beer with your football you will have to go see the Beaumont Drillers play, the Berry Center is dry and does not allow tailgating or beer, you can do all of that at the ford park and season tickets are 99.00 for a family four pack and free parking visit their new site template at http://www.beaumontdrillersfootball.com

Return to “af2”