No surprise here, CC Sharks done

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
Big Easy
Site Admin

No surprise here, CC Sharks done

Post by Big Easy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 pm

SHARKS CEASE OPERATIONS
Lack of Local Investors Dooms Franchise

Corpus Christi, TX, 10/13/09 – The Corpus Christi Sharks announced today that the third year arena football franchise will cease operations effective immediately. Despite extensive efforts over the last 12 months, the team has been unable to secure local investors for its ownership group. Deposits on 2010 season tickets will be refunded in full within the next 7-10 business days - creditors will be contacted via mail within the next few days.

The Sharks would like to thank their fans and sponsors for their support.
If integrity is missing, so are you.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 pm

YES!!!!

We know the Sharks were formed to bring down the Hammerheads (I mean, just look at the similar nicknames!)

The CC fans never seemed to support the Sharks like they did the Hammerheads, so while I hate to see any team fold, it's good to see that the good guys won and can now move back into the ABC!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Is it fair to assume they'll move back to that arena? Part of managing a successful team is playing in an affordable arena.

B-Real
Site Admin

Post by B-Real » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Wouldn't call what they play in now an arena. More like a big garage.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm not familiar with the building the Hammerheads play in. I just know that keeping arena cost in line and getting a favorable concessions situation are paramount. Not saying that couldn't happen in ABC, but I'd suspect that it's not cheap to play there.

tbearsfan
Site Admin

Hammerheads arena

Post by tbearsfan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:16 am

I just wanted to reply about the arena or pavillion where the hammerheads play. I had season tickets to their home games and it was always lots of energy and fun during the games. you are probably correct in saying that its not an arena like per se the ABC, but it was still packed with lots of people and more importantly I think their sponsorship was or looked very good. So I think they made a little money. How much? can't say I really know, but Mr. Dittman seemed very knowledgable in promoting his team. I for one hope they stay there in Robstown.

JROB
Site Admin

Post by JROB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:05 pm

[quote=""tbearsfan""] you are probably correct in saying that its not an arena like per se the ABC, but it was still packed with lots of people[/quote]

It's not very hard to pack 800 seats, but I will give CC fans their due... they created quite an environment. And it was a big garage, the lockerrooms were bigger than the Arena, but it wasn't bad to play in. Other than for QB's and K's.

Return to “af2”