Buffalo AF2 Team?

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
tbayz1
Site Admin

Buffalo AF2 Team?

Post by tbayz1 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:55 pm

I usually live over on the basketball forums, but I read this on another message board; Heard the team will be owned by a few ex-Buffalo Bills or something?

Anyone hear anything about this, just wondering?

I was a one year season ticket holder with the Destroyers, I liked the arena game, it was pretty exciting.

Thanks

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sat May 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Yeah, there will be two ex-Buffalo Bill player and the owner of the Rochester Raiders of the CIFL as the owners of the team. The Buffalo af2 team will probably have a lot of Raider players on the team, which is a good thing because they are like 8-0 or something this year. So if Buffalo fans want to get a good look at there team next year, watch a few Raider games. I doubt the whole Buffalo af2 team will have all the Raider players on it, but there will be a lot

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Cool! Thanks for the response!
Last edited by tbayz1 on Sat May 17, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 pm

The only way there will not be a team in Buffalo involves the hsbc lease.

Ducej11
Site Admin

Post by Ducej11 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:45 pm

[quote=""tbayz1""]I usually live over on the basketball forums, but I read this on another message board; Heard the team will be owned by a few ex-Buffalo Bills or something?

Anyone hear anything about this, just wondering?

I was a one year season ticket holder with the Destroyers, I liked the arena game, it was pretty exciting.

Thanks[/quote]

baby steps, we just have to work a few things out first before it becomes official ;)

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 am

This will be a team Buffalo can be proud of on and off the field.

cRUSHer
Site Admin

Let's Go Buffalo ...LET'S GO BUFFALO ... Let's Go Buffalo ...

Post by cRUSHer » Fri May 23, 2008 1:40 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]The only way
there will not be a team in Buffalo involves the hsbc lease.[/quote]

since I only go to Buffalo, for BILLS games.GO BILLS ! ! !
I am not sure how many other arenas are there for
indoor soccer, hockey etc. I guess the Aud(itorium)
is going to be razed. Too bad it had great capacity.

I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out.

Now all they have to do is name the team
The BUFFALO BRUISERS , and borrow the
old Chicago Bruisers AFL helmet, logo & colors.
And get #5 from the AFL Bruisers as head coach !

thump ... thump ... thump ...thump .......
The _______ make me wanna' shout ! ! !
Last edited by cRUSHer on Fri May 23, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I can't believe the deuche makes me wanna shout
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:45 pm

I assume this team has something to do with the craigslist want-ad someone pointed me to earlier today:

INVESTORS WANTED - Ever dream of owning a professional football team but did not know how to? Looking for an investor for a professional indoor football team in the Buffalo area. Everything is in place, just need investor, serious inquires only! Call Matt Reis at ************* or Justin Johnson at ************* (hid the phone numbers because it's not useful here).
What are you doing here?

Ducej11
Site Admin

Post by Ducej11 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

[quote=""exit322""]I assume this team has something to do with the craigslist want-ad someone pointed me to earlier today:

INVESTORS WANTED - Ever dream of owning a professional football team but did not know how to? Looking for an investor for a professional indoor football team in the Buffalo area. Everything is in place, just need investor, serious inquires only! Call Matt Reis at ************* or Justin Johnson at ************* (hid the phone numbers because it's not useful here).[/quote]

hahaha. No, that was long ago that was posted. Before there was any talk about Bob owning a team in buffalo. We were looking at the CIFL though. We actually had an investor lined up too. Then were talked to bob and the rest is history.

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Sat May 24, 2008 2:03 am

That ad got more responses than the Buffalo News ad that ran for 2 weeks for $800!

Sorry Crusher it is The Buffalo Stampede, colors will be Blue, Red, White. Sound familiar? Two big guys may be coming along with us. Just need to HSBC to work with us a little. They have the gun pulled right now on us.

Return to “af2”