Buffalo AF2 Team?

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:35 am

I guess you were too busy calling me names to realize I never questioned the quote. All I mentioned was that Bob was not in control of marketing, that he surrounded himself with 2 good people for Buffalo, not too mention Thurman Thomas and that all you bring to the table is a lot of negativity.

Relax, it is a forum, you can have your opinion, I simply made a comment on how negative you are, so maybe the heat is a little too much for you internet tough guy. Relax.

Bob knows what he is doing, he has a multi billion dollar company under his watch, he has good people with him in Buffalo and everything will be fine, if you consider that me blowing the guy then I guess we have to live with that, I show the guy some respect, something you could a little bit of to everyone on this board. You know it all, but have nothing to show for it, where is your team? Wal-mart not paying well enogh these days?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:44 am

[quote=""blanketman""]I mean think about it if af2, uif, cifl,aifa and ifl looked at themselves as allies rather than competitors would indoor football be better off?[/quote]

Yes, the sport would. But throughout the sport, there will never be full alliances like that. The AIFA wants to get rid of the other leagues (but they have no shot). The AF2 was created to get rid of all of the non-netted leagues (and they've failed miserably). The UIF and IFL are working together, and a merger because of it wouldn't shock me. The CIFL has no interest in that sort of thing, and I don't see that changing. There are too many egos (and too many agendas, really) for all of the leagues to work together in such a fashion.
What are you doing here?

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:59 am

Bob,

Look up the Sam Adams / Ken Griffey Jr. defunct team in Cinci. Make sure you fully know what your going into and better yet still who with.

Your a smart man on a solid base but your experience comes from a Dave McCarthys semi pro group. Granted everyone learned through the seasons how to do things better and better but maybe a trip to Cleveland will help you out?

8th man,

I got a lot of messages on your status...Not wasting any time on you!
On that note...yeah, I am at walmart. lol

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Sure you have a lot of messages because you are so well liked on here. I am willing to bet you have not received one message involving me at all, keep living in that fantasy world. Glad you have decided to move on.

Exit,

I think the leagues could work together and if they want what is best for all involved they would someone all become one solid league.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Sam Adams had no business running a football team. Everett was another of his ventures that had the same result. Listen,my intentions are to make it work in both Rochester and Buffalo. Whats most important on my mind is Saginaw next week. By the way their top Defensive End just resigned from the team. Drama in cifl continues lol. But so what it happens everywhere.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:22 am

[quote=""The 8th Man""]
Exit,

I think the leagues could work together and if they want what is best for all involved they would someone all become one solid league.[/quote]

I don't ever see it happening, unless there is a massive shift in every indoor league's focus. The UIF and IFL both think they're better than the AIFA and CIFL (and right now, they're probably right). The AIFA wants to take everyone else out in one of its grandiose schemes. The CIFL has said publicly they're happy doing what they do, and see no reason to espand with other leagues. And of course the AF2 won't ever work with any indoor league; they were created, and still work, to get rid of all the indoor leagues (after the AFL lost its lawsuit against the PIFL/IPFL).
What are you doing here?

ml91
Site Admin

Post by ml91 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:12 am

[quote=""exit322""]And of course the AF2 won't ever work with any indoor league; they were created, and still work, to get rid of all the indoor leagues (after the AFL lost its lawsuit against the PIFL/IPFL).[/quote]
Actually the Arena Football League reached an out of court settlement with the Professional Indoor Football League in 1998. I don't think that the AFL was too concerned with the PIFL anymore after it became obvious that most of the PIFL teams had weak ownership. I think that what really concerned the AFL - and was the inspiration for af2 - was the Indoor Football League, which began play in 1999 and was owned by Keary Ecklund, who comes from a very wealthy family.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:21 pm

ml91, all the AFL 'won' in that settlement was that the PIFL/IPFL teams and league had to put disclaimers on the web and programs, etc, stating they are not affiliated with the AFL.

Not exactly the crushing victory the AFL had in mind when they first sued their adversary.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:33 am

I just read your last message...here on Sunday after your cancelled game and dropping out of the league...

I hope you can retain your money from the League. I cannot believe they refused your deposit...must be they didnt have it.

I hope in the court of law you can get it back! Let me know if there is anything I can do to aid you in that process.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 am

Sources tell me the offer was the deposit less fines accrued by the Raiders - but I don't know any amounts.
What are you doing here?

Return to “af2”