Buffalo AF2 Team?

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:13 pm

[quote=""exit322""]And of course the AF2 won't ever work with any indoor league; they were created, and still work, to get rid of all the indoor leagues (after the AFL lost its lawsuit against the PIFL/IPFL).[/quote]

To be clear, the AFL did not lose the suit against the PIFL. It was settled before trial. In essence, the PIFL got what it wanted.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:28 pm

[quote=""preeths""]To be clear, the AFL did not lose the suit against the PIFL. It was settled before trial. In essence, the PIFL got what it wanted.[/quote]

Which is just as good as a loss. Though not technically a loss, it was still one. Kinda like the old Harvard article "Harvard wins 29-29"
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Not really. I believe the AFL knew all along they had no shot in court. After all, they knew what their patent covered, and their lawyers certainly knew what couldn't be patented. They really hoped the PIFL would buckle, either from fear or legal fees. When that didn't work, they at least were able to get the league to add the disclaimer and turn over all copies of AFL materials such as ops manuals and rule books. At that point the IFL was just a glimmer in Keary Ecklund's eye.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:14 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Sources tell me the offer was the deposit less fines accrued by the Raiders - but I don't know any amounts.[/quote]
misappropriated use of funds.The reality is that was an escrow account fund. Its purpose was to stop no shows. Once a team pays there 10 k , the league has the ability with signatures of the ownership groups to release the money.They put a 5,000 fine on our organization for arguing with eric about the lack of cooperation from any other team paying.Utterly rediculous They told me they would send me 4800 three months from now; right.Our team lost 20 plus thousand at the game . The cifl lost all sorts of credibility with our fans, and then they say"you playing or what". The cifl has along way to go. Wish the teams well. I hope eric and Jeff can figure out a way to have their teams pay the league dues. Right now, thats not happening.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:39 am

[quote=""blanketman""]The cifl lost all sorts of credibility with our fans, and then they say"you playing or what". The cifl has along way to go. Wish the teams well. I hope eric and Jeff can figure out a way to have their teams pay the league dues. Right now, thats not happening.[/quote]

If this kills your attendance, then you're not doing what is necessary to draw fans. Marion had the same thing happen as you last year...and attendance this year is about 20% higher than last (2500-2100). You can make lemons with lemonade; you've simply chosen not to.
What are you doing here?

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:40 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]misappropriated use of funds.The reality is that was an escrow account fund. Its purpose was to stop no shows. Once a team pays there 10 k , the league has the ability with signatures of the ownership groups to release the money.They put a 5,000 fine on our organization for arguing with eric about the lack of cooperation from any other team paying.Utterly rediculous They told me they would send me 4800 three months from now; right.Our team lost 20 plus thousand at the game . The cifl lost all sorts of credibility with our fans, and then they say"you playing or what". The cifl has along way to go. Wish the teams well. I hope eric and Jeff can figure out a way to have their teams pay the league dues. Right now, thats not happening.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what would you put your losses at had the game been played?
Chardale on Jeremy Golden: "everybody DID get paid."
Chardale with the backtrack: " I meant AF2 paid all the bills"

You still don't have a clue Chardale.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 am

Losses come in refunds to the sponsorships that did not have a sixth game.18,000 which is about 1/6th of our monies for the year. Furthermore, marion did not give the 10 k security deposit last year. That is all i was asking back , not the loses from the game.In addition 7-10 k in gate receipts.

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:12 pm

I understand you wouldn't ask the league to compensate for
losses, I was just curious if you lose money on games played.

As far as sponsorship monies are concerned, you are on your
own there. You could have played out the three (potential)
playoff games and fulfilled your end of the contracts and
then some. I'm sure your sponsors would have been thrilled
about their investment, not to mention the fans and your
players. But you made the call to end your season prematurely.
Chardale on Jeremy Golden: "everybody DID get paid."
Chardale with the backtrack: " I meant AF2 paid all the bills"

You still don't have a clue Chardale.

gladiator63
Site Admin

stampede

Post by gladiator63 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 am

i play for the buffalo gladiators..but i have 2 questions about this new indoor team..are they going to hold open tryouts? and do they pay you to play at that level? thanks!

Ducej11
Site Admin

Post by Ducej11 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 am

You would be paid as a player and yes, there would be open tryouts.

Return to “af2”