Buffalo AF2 Team?

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:44 am

The buzz in the city right now is very good, already have fielded some calls on corporate sponsors wanting to jump on, Thurman adds a lot to this as well.

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:14 pm

I know it can be very exciting to start a business but please...please if your going to note all the positive aspects that may come out of this make sure you note all the negative aspects as well!

that way exit doesnt come on here next year and make you look really, really stupid! lol

Best to humble yourself now...and one way to do that is to stop thinking the Rochester Raiders "Roster" would dominate in the duece!

Bob, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you continue to take steps to put yourself in a secure position.

Josh

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:21 am

I don't recall ever saying we would dominate with the Rochester raiders roster. We will use part of the roster, we will be assigned some players by the AF2 and we will hold tryouts. We will field a competetive team, I am not dumb enough to think we can just walk in there and dominate. I expect to be competetive and build and build and build every year. We will be successful both on and off the field. We look forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Who is WE again?

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:39 pm

This is with a team owner that had no idea how to market the team, could care less about the community, in fact, treated everyone terribly. This is with a team that could not win, you will have one of the most competetive teams in the league, a team that has won a championship and is looking for #2 right now and will only get stronger with key AF2 additions.

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 am

Who are you talking about? Not Bob that is for sure. He has treated nobody terribly, is involved with the community here. The marketing was not done by Bob, it was done by Dave. Bob just paid the bills when they came in. As far as Buffalo Bob has surrounded himself with 2 guys that know how to get in done with marketing and community involvement. Thurman Thomas is also big into taking care of the community so that will be a huge help. I guess you will have to keep hating and that is fine, you continue to be negative to every person in this forum, if your life is that miserable I am sorry for you. Enjoy your day.

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 am

Look here poptart, I was talking about you! by the way I am asking again...who is you? lol

I find that Bob has been very abrasive and negative in the past himself. I actually like the position he is in now, mostly that he is getting away from Dave...better known as Cancer. Notice above free loader that I commended Bob on his next move.

Now you listen (read) here really close to this next part sunshine, now that I have read the ****job you just gave Bob... Dont come on here acting holy as Jesus. This is a forum for a reason... you can't take the heat and learn simple lessons from people then just stay off here. You want to call me out on here!!? LOL

Plenty of people have my number cupcake...go ahead and call and let me tell you a little story!

Now that I have said that Genius...READ YOUR POST FROM THE OTHER DAY...ALL I DID WAS QUOTE WHAT YOU SAID!

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 am

By the way the Destroyers did not fail here for lack of fans, here are the figures.

1999 1-13 12,013
2000 5-9 7,048
2001 6-8 8,026
2002 6-8 7,279
2003 5-11 7,622

This is with a team owner that had no idea how to market the team, could care less about the community, in fact, treated everyone terribly. This is with a team that could not win, you will have one of the most competetive teams in the league, a team that has won a championship and is looking for #2 right now and will only get stronger with key AF2 additions. Now you have an ownership group that will be a big part of the community and embrace it. Hopefully you will be pleasantly suprised.

With a guy like Thurman involved, the drive that Bob, Justin and I have we can put 7,000 people in the arena and easily be profitable at that point. 7,000 was the lowest attendance figures above and while this is AF2 it will be more affordable for family entertainment. This is a major league city, not a minor league city looking for freebies, we will put a good product on and off the field and that will matter, this city loves football, the Bills have not been to the playoffs or very competetive for 9 years yet have 80,000 fans at every home game in some tewrrible weather. They love football.[/QUOTE]

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Josh, if you have read my quotes in this forum over the past 4 months, I have been very cordial to all indoor football "experts". This sport can be great,however, the constant negative responses doesnt help anybody.I mean think about it if af2, uif, cifl,aifa and ifl looked at themselves as allies rather than competitors would indoor football be better off?Would they be able to coordinate interleague games?allstar games?The goal for all people concerned ,hopefully, is to help the sport and develop the players right?

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:57 pm

[quote=""The 8th Man""]Just need to HSBC to work with us a little. They have the gun pulled right now on us.[/quote]

You should probably get used to that feeling,
you're going to be dealing with the AFL family.

Return to “af2”