Chinese AFL

The Arena Football League (AFL) forum
PolyDad
Site Admin

Chinese AFL

Post by PolyDad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 am

Just announces that they are going to drop the upcoming Fall league for 2017 and go to a spring league in 2018 that mirrors the AFL.... concluding with a true "World championship to be played in China the Summer of 2018.

CAFL also will add 2 more teams to bring them to 8.

I just have no words........... :confused:

The only way they play in China now is with the 11 Americans per team that mostly all play 'regular' AFL now. The Coaches pretty much come from the league as well.

DO none of these guys have a brain? How much can you actually make playing 1 game in Beijing? A game that would jeopardize both leagues by lessening the talent across the board.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:49 pm

PolyDad, you are correct to question this move, for these reason's first if they were truly interested in using that China experiment as a developmental level you would see a much better plan to get there.

Secondly they appear to be searching for a way to monetize this idea, but have no idea how to get to that. Being that there will be no players advancing up and into the AFL during the season, the develop aspect is really a bad comedy show, because the China players are not up to speed to play this game so that is a no go.

Unless they have a plan to send enough American developmental talent over to China, that is probably a no. So this brings us full circle exactly what is the plan I think it's to monetize but just how? the AFL season starts a little bit after the American Championship Game known as the Superbowl of the world- back to the AFL if they don't figure a way to get the cash I think they will drop it after the 2018 season.

The reason I bring up the start time is again back to will the AFL pull any talent up after an injury or other reason's from the China league? we already know the answer..
Last edited by suge night on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AFL”