More exansion

The Arena Football League (AFL) forum
Scottmoney
Site Admin

More exansion

Post by Scottmoney » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:43 am

Now that the Washington valor have been named. Where should the afl expand next.

Sec19Row53
Site Admin

Post by Sec19Row53 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:55 pm

I hear the Chicago Blitz are up for sale.

crixus
Site Admin

Post by crixus » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Washington will be added for 2017, but chances are Portland will shut down. So the AFL will be right back at 8 teams. :(

Scottmoney
Site Admin

Don't you think

Post by Scottmoney » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Don't you think they need to expand by 3 teams out west and move the Cleveland gladiators back to the east where they belong.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:04 am

[quote=""Scottmoney""]Don't you think they need to expand by 3 teams out west and move the Cleveland gladiators back to the east where they belong.[/quote]

It's not that easy.

If there were three owners in the Western US who were the least bit interested in the AFL, the AFL would have found them.

The AFL is a damaged product. So is indoor football, in general. There aren't that many owners who are willing to risk what the AFL is going to require.

Scottmoney
Site Admin

I will give you that.

Post by Scottmoney » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:49 am

I will give you the fact that the afl is damaged. They had a team in the playoffs winning 2 games. If they implement the changes I have suggested the regular season will mean more and they would bring back the division format furthermore, they would reduce costs within the divisions. How can they lose.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:06 pm

ScottM, The Robster already gave you the answer but he simply forgot to pat you on the back for your idea well here's the pat on the back , now back to the reality of the situation as again robster stated there seems to be no takers for the ownership of one of these money losers (teams) in the AFL model.

So simply being able to build more teams and place them into a division to save the Titanic is like the other ships on that fateful night they just won't get there in time. everybody on this message board has ideas but implementing those into a real action is quite different than simply writing an opinion.

The AFL has hit the wall as far as scaling goes so now its agenda for at least a few season's should be on a continued branding and building up just what arena football really is a niche sport, for a specific audience while it may not be your grandfathers game it could be the great grandson's, but they don't appear to understand that.

As former pres. George W. once said its hard work as he rolled his sleeves up for the photo opt. :rolleyes:
Last edited by suge night on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:22 am

[quote=""Scottmoney""]I will give you the fact that the afl is damaged. They had a team in the playoffs winning 2 games. If they implement the changes I have suggested the regular season will mean more and they would bring back the division format furthermore, they would reduce costs within the divisions. How can they lose.[/quote]

Portland will fold because the other team owners are already throwing money down a hole trying to keep them operating with nothing in return. These guys aren't NFL owners printing their own money (and think back to when there were NFL owners in the league). What makes anyone think they want to throw more money down 2-4 other holes?
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:24 pm

[quote=""Scottmoney""]I will give you the fact that the afl is damaged. They had a team in the playoffs winning 2 games. If they implement the changes I have suggested the regular season will mean more and they would bring back the division format furthermore, they would reduce costs within the divisions. How can they lose.[/quote]

"We were going to do this one set of things, but then we saw a message board post from some random guy obsessed with team names and we thought, 'What have we been doing all this time?'"
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

crixus
Site Admin

Rip afl

Post by crixus » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:41 am

Portland, LA, Orlando and Jacksonville are all dead. Butera is the worst commissioner in history of any sport. :mad:

Return to “AFL”