AFL new website up

The Arena Football League (AFL) forum
NatePreds05
Site Admin

AFL new website up

Post by NatePreds05 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:12 pm

http://www.arenafootball.com/

Looks much better than the old AFL's site so far. I like the cleaner look.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Nice upgrade.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm not saying this because I'm a supporter of an IFL team, but I just feel like this new website looks a little too "cookie cutter" to me. It's still early, obviously, so maybe once the season nears they'll be able to flesh it out a little bit more.

The team logos used on the main news box in the center look awful. Shouldn't be as pixelated as they are. Looks like they just ripped a low-res copy off of a team website. The web team should have high-res copies of all images they intend to use on the site.

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 am

Maybe it is me, but I would not have put up a website that is incomplete. The logos are too small to see for the current teams at the top, a league who has incomplete links on it's site is not profesional, why does the AFL not use its logo for a site marker (i.e. most websites have a logo that appears next to the web address in your browser) as the old AFL had done...in fact, why does the IFL not use one? Why does the AFL not have a merchandise store open now; this league needs to explore all avenues of revenue and they are betting on exposure for a relaunch, then where can I go to buy my Hat, jersey, or professional size helmet? The overall flow of the league site does not compare to some of it's respective franchises, i.e. Jacksonville Sharks or Bossier-Shreveport Battlewings. Those franchises are trying to look big league and if the AFL wants to be taken seriously they need to project the same image on the league site too. I hope the AFL has this site fully operational by opening day and they take my response to heart. It may cost a few dollars more to look glossy, but image is everything and first impressions last forever. :eek:

indoorfootballfaninga
Site Admin

Post by indoorfootballfaninga » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey guys what do you think of the website for the Amarillo Venom of the IFL.
http://www.giovenom.com
http://www.govenom.com

Trey

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I like the Amarillo Website. The attention to detail is obvious. The AFL needs to take a lesson from this IFL Franchise. I also like the football helmets at the bottom. For collectors like myself, it begs the question, "Where do I go to buy my Replica Helmet?" The answer, the TEAM Store!!! Yes, the IFL is in business to make money and the AFL needs to take note.

Return to “AFL”