Utah is officially in!!

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:11 pm

OK, I'll bite....does any part of that logo say "Saint" to you?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:56 pm

[quote=""Kou""]The Utah Logo Returns now with more Thumbtacks, err swords and mountains!

Its a shame because there is a solid logo concept there, just really bad execution

Edit: Just noticed they are working their way to the old nifl utah warriors logo

Image[/quote]

Wow, THAT'S not a blatant ripoff, is it?

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

I live in Utah.....a few thoughts.

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:14 pm

From The Begining....take a chill pill! The minor league of any sport is tough to break even and the more "friends" you can gain the easier it will get for your "team".
Calling out folks on this board is a big mistake plus you are acting like the "ten year old" that says meet you out by the dugout after school! Do you mow lawns and own a computer? I digress.
You need to concentrate on helping your team sell tickets, voluteering to help the team be a success.
As for my sports entertainment dollar, it is spent on minor league hockey, minor league baseball and once a year an overpriced Jazz ticket. (Don't get me started about the beer garden prices!)
So if, and I mean if, your "team" plays a game in Kearns this next year, perhaps I will venture on a game day ticket but not season tickets as I have been burned in the past but a minor league basketball team.
Good luck in the future and make freinds not enemies because you will need it if you have a real connection to the "team".
Just my two cents, keep the change. jack
BTW If you want to hunt me down PM me and I will get my grandson to meet you at the dugout! LOL, jack.
BTW He is 13 months!
Last edited by utahstarsticketholder on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:13 pm

[quote=""utahstarsticketholder""]In the begining....take a chill pill! The minor league of any sport is tough to break even and the more "friends" you can gain the easier it will get for your "team".
Calling out folks on this board is a big mistake plus you are acting like the "ten year old" that says meet you out by the dugout after school! Do you mow lawns and own a computer? I digress.
You need to concentrate on helping your team sell tickets, voluteering to help the team be a success.
As for my sports entertainment dollar, it is spent on minor league hockey, minor league baseball and once a year an overpriced Jazz ticket. (Don't get me started about the beer garden prices!)
So if, and I mean if, your "team" plays a game in Kearns this next year, perhaps I will venture on a game day ticket but not season tickets as I have been burned in the past but a minor league basketball team.
Good luck in the future and make freinds not enemies because you will need it if you have a real connection to the "team".
Just my two cents, keep the change. jack
BTW If you want to hunt me down PM me and I will get my grandson to meet you at the dugout! LOL, jack.
BTW He is 13 months![/quote]

I am not sure if you are mad at those of us who have been critical of the league, those who are big supporters of the league, the team, other sports teams in Utah or something else.

I think a lot of the people who have been posting here have been critical of the league because we feel the league is making a lot of mistakes that other leagues before it has done.

I certainly feel the west division is a huge mistake, because they don't even have their ducks in a row in the east. As I have said time and time again, this west division will be a significant drain on the league, because if this division is going to stay afloat even this upcoming season, it will require significant league resources for it to happen.

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

My bad....

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:28 am

That last post was for "From The Begining" not "In The Begining". I was pointing out that minor league sports has many challenges that revolve around money! From the begining was chripping about all who are wary of the moves the AIFL has made in the past two seasons and in reference to the Utah Saints. I was simply making the the point, although confusing, that From the Begining should be tolerant of those who here who are gun shy of any new team without substance.
'From The Begining" was calling out those on this forum who point out the problems with this new start up team, "The Utah Saints".
Having been burned by a minor league team here in Utah, I am very leary of those who shout at those who might be potential fans because they voice their concerns. Clear as mud now? Sorry not a writer! jack
Last edited by utahstarsticketholder on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Man, The Myth
Site Admin

Post by The Man, The Myth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:46 am

[quote=""TheHulk""]I used to live in Salt Lake City. Yes, I lived there on purpose. LOL They are not really creative with nicknames out there. About the only nicknames that makes since with the teams out there is the Buzz AAA team(the state symbol is a beehive) and the University of Utah Utes (Utes are the indigenous tribe out there) other than that it's one lame nickname after another. I mean Jazz, Starzz, Catzz, Freezze, etc. Yes, the Utah Saints' record label might have a say on that issue.[/quote]

Maybe they should call them the Zaintzzz?

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:10 am

[quote=""utahstarsticketholder""]That last post was for "From The Begining" not "In The Begining". I was pointing out that minor league sports has many challenges that revolve around money! From the begining was chripping about all who are wary of the moves the AIFL has made in the past two seasons and in reference to the Utah Saints. I was simply making the the point, although confusing, that From the Begining should be tolerant of those who here who are gun shy of any new team without substance.
'From The Begining" was calling out those on this forum who point out the problems with this new start up team, "The Utah Saints".
Having been burned by a minor league team here in Utah, I am very leary of those who shout at those who might be potential fans because they voice their concerns. Clear as mud now? Sorry not a writer! jack[/quote]

I don't disagree with that. In fact, I do not think that anyone here would think that starting a minor league team would be easy.

However, a lot of the people here, who have been critical of the AIFA, have been that way because most of have not been given any reason to think there will be any kind of long-term success.

I would feel a bit better about the long term success of the league if the entire league was based on one side of the Mississippi, but not both sides. Especially with one one division so far to the west of the rest of the divisions, and even the teams separated so far apart from each other, they have no way to make things successful on their own...

But now, the teams have been publicaly announced so close to the start of the season, they do not have a realistic chance of developing a significan sponsorship or fan base, I do not know how they can make ends meet between now and the end of their first season. They will be so far in debt, especially because of the travel costs, that they will need a lot of help from the league just to make it to the end of the season...and then again to get things going for a second season (if it is even viable for that to happen). But as thing stand now, I don't see any reason why the league would not own the fourth team in the west division for this upcoming season...just to get it off of the ground...

Please, AIFA Koolaide drinkers, provide me (and the rest of us) with something legitimate to dispute what I (and others) have said...

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

I agree

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm

I would like to take my grandchildren to a Utah Saints game but the proof will be in the pudding. The lack of marketing makes is very difficult to begin growing a fan base. I do wish them luck but will follow their progress in this market. This is a tough market in their are four minor league teams in the area, AFL Blaze, ECHL Grizzilies, NDBA Flash and in the spring PCL Salt Lake Bees. They will be competing for a very small piece of the sports entertainment pie. jack.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Saw this posted on the AFL boards....
actually I have seen all the games so far I work at the utah Olympic oval where they play and i like the league there are former college stars ex nfl players and kids right out of high school a few still in high school i like the idea of players of all skill levels
High schoolers?!

1) This is not professional.
2) This could get someone seriously hurt.
3) The Saints are going to get killed on the field.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 pm

[quote=""rams80""]Saw this posted on the AFL boards....

High schoolers?!

1) This is not professional.
2) This could get someone seriously hurt.
3) The Saints are going to get killed on the field.[/quote]

Wyoming already started losing players to teams in legitimate leagues last year. Anyone with any inkling of wanting to move up will stay away from Casper. The talent disparity probably won't be anywhere near what you'd think it should be.

Granted, that means the Cavs will get ripped by 40 or better when they go to Reading for the game that doesn't count. But that's neither here nor there.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”