Utah is officially in!!

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
From The Beginning
Site Admin

From The Beginning

Post by From The Beginning » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:16 am

Mr. Curran did not like the way the logo turned out either, he sent it back to be redrawn with his own ideas. We shall see what they come up with??

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Post by GoCavs1 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Well it's the beginning of a logo which to me is understandable. I'm sure they will change it more than once in the future

TheHulk
Site Admin

Utah...home of the lame nickname!

Post by TheHulk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]Seriously, the Catzz and the Lyonzz?

I guess we should all just be thankful the AIFA team ain't the Saintzz.[/quote]

I used to live in Salt Lake City. Yes, I lived there on purpose. LOL They are not really creative with nicknames out there. About the only nicknames that makes since with the teams out there is the Buzz AAA team(the state symbol is a beehive) and the University of Utah Utes (Utes are the indigenous tribe out there) other than that it's one lame nickname after another. I mean Jazz, Starzz, Catzz, Freezze, etc. Yes, the Utah Saints' record label might have a say on that issue.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:23 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Me neither...It's so...blah. (They could at LEAST put an emblem on the shield!)

I mean, I could make it myself using Paint! (which they probably did)[/quote]

This logo should tell you what type of operation this team will have. I'll be surprised if they last the whole season. Totally looks like a cut and paste PrintShop 5.0 logo. LAME is too nice a word to describe it.

From The Beginning
Site Admin

From The Beginning

Post by From The Beginning » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:20 pm

After the 2008 season is over with and the Utah Saints have been successful, we are going to hunt down everyone of you that have been so unfair and negative and make you eat a huge amount of CROW!!!!

Is your life so miserable that you have to attack everyones effort to create something good? What have you done in your life that you can be proud of or have given time and money to help support someones dream???

How does tearing down an organization or person on a message board give you a feeling of accomplishment??

These are serious questions you need to ask yourself! I think serious help is needed for a person that goes through life this way!

I sincerely hope you find help and can turn your life around in the building of something good.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Um, I think most of the concern is about the logo and the late start this team is getting. No need to take it personally.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:38 pm

[quote=""From The Beginning""]After the 2008 season is over with and the Utah Saints have been successful, we are going to hunt down everyone of you that have been so unfair and negative and make you eat a huge amount of CROW!!!!
[/quote]

Ooooh. Ooooh! Hunt me down first! I only live in Boise. I'm not too far. I also figure I can handle crow with some pesto.

Please tell me you're NOT affiliated with the organization. Please.

I have every right to make judgments based on every banal piece of criteria under the sun to determine if I WOULD WANT TO BUY A TICKET. It's my money until I give it away. It's the organization's job to try to sell those tickets, and it's my job to laugh you off for lackluster efforts on one hand, or trying to shame people into silence on the other... and I'm saying this making an assumption that you might be connected to the organization based on the odds.

As snippy and downright silly- and worse- as message boards can get, the basic rule is not to fall into the trap. You should be able to count on detractors on a message board as predictably as sunrise and sunset. I offer the opinion that the organization that dares to enter this fray should always be acting as if they actually care to sell a ticket.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:06 pm

[quote=""From The Beginning""]After the 2008 season is over with and the Utah Saints have been successful, we are going to hunt down everyone of you that have been so unfair and negative and make you eat a huge amount of CROW!!!![/quote]

1) That's going to be hard...I'm not in Greencastle during the summer.

2) What if we're right?
Is your life so miserable that you have to attack everyones effort to create something good? What have you done in your life that you can be proud of or have given time and money to help support someones dream???
How do we know that this will be "good" and not another addition to the indoor football graveyard. I will only support people's dreams if they demonstrate that they have learned from the mistakes of others.
How does tearing down an organization or person on a message board give you a feeling of accomplishment??
The vain hope that someone will actually listen and learn.
These are serious questions you need to ask yourself! I think serious help is needed for a person that goes through life this way!
I'll admit to being cynical. If you want pollyannish backslapping, though, with zero dissent, I suggest you go to the AIFA fan boards.
I sincerely hope you find help and can turn your life around in the building of something good.
*deleted by moderator for defeatism and being an old lady*
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]As snippy and downright silly- and worse- as message boards can get, the basic rule is not to fall into the trap. You should be able to count on detractors on a message board as predictably as sunrise and sunset. I offer the opinion that the organization that dares to enter this fray should always be acting as if they actually care to sell a ticket.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't have a thick skin, I wouldn't visit message boards.

Kou
Site Admin

Post by Kou » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:12 pm

The Utah Logo Returns now with more Thumbtacks, err swords and mountains!

Its a shame because there is a solid logo concept there, just really bad execution

Edit: Just noticed they are working their way to the old nifl utah warriors logo

Last edited by Kou on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AIF”