aifa tvdeal is with a nothing company

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
blanketman
Site Admin

aifa tvdeal is with a nothing company

Post by blanketman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Anytime you call the ceo of a tv network and he answers the phone, you know you are dealing with a small overhyped company.The simply 4 me tv deal is with a company that has less than 20 employees.You tell me how strong of a contract they havewith the aifa. Listen, I am all for the aifa, but lets cut the crap. Look for yourself google Krysol Cameron, he is the ceo of the company;oh yeh, he also ther receptionist.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:32 pm

If you actually look at their website and the way they run the company, they don't need more than 20 employees. It's a solid business structure for this type of thing

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Well,if your logic is that Krystol Cameron is so frugal that he answers his companies phone all the timethen thats fine. However, why would he guarantee the aifa money, if he is to stingy to pay for a receptionist. Your logic does not hold weight on this one.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:14 pm

I will say that this confirms my suspicion that the tv deal was going to be with a small time company...

Nobody even medium time would think to give an indoor league at this level guaranteed money.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:47 pm

$2.5M is an awful lot to guarantee from a small company.
What are you doing here?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:44 pm

On the AIFA board it's already come out that the rights to AIR TIME is considered 'guaranteed money'.... at whatever cost the AIFA or S4M wants to claim it's worth.

They could claim the airtime alloted to the AIFA is $50k per week, who's to argue. Other than sane, logical people.

That doesn't mean money is changing hands.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Knightmare24
Site Admin

Please dont start...

Post by Knightmare24 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:53 pm

AIFA dont even start with this Simply Me its Simply B.S.!!!! This same "company" who shot the "Fayetteville Guard" documentary...WoW!!! I thought we where moving to a "legit" league and yall already doin the C.Gary!!
"Leave no DOUBT!!" GUARD way of life

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:58 pm

That's not an uncommon way to spin things, though I think using "guaranteed money" was terribly unintelligent.
What are you doing here?

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Exposure is exposure, I can't fault them for trying to "sell" their product, especially if someone is willing to pay them for it.

What I CAN fault them for, is the blatant misrepresentation of the deal. Are they that embarrassed of Simply4Me and their product that they have to lie about the numbers? I don't see anywhere where this company is involved in traditional TV at all; in fact, they seem to go out of their way to push that it's over the 'net.

Folks, that's not TV... have someone produce some highlight clips from your games each week and put them on YouTube - you'll get as much, if not more exposure than this current "multi-million dollar" deal.

I've tried to view some of their "channels" on their website... can't get a damn thing to play. Unless they're going to unveil something new that we don't know about, this could be almost as bad as the AIFA-TV debacle of this past season.

Cup-half-full moment... at least AIFA die-hards should be able to see their team's on the road more often now, and that at least is a good thing. It won't be on TV, and the screen is only 2" x 2", but gosh darn it, it will be free. (I'm assuming.)

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:50 pm

I like the youtube thing.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”