AIFA : Wyoming Cavalry and TV deal

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
cRUSHer
Site Admin

AIFA : Wyoming Cavalry and TV deal

Post by cRUSHer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:58 pm

crusher here bringing you the latest facts as always. 8)

The AIFA has announced that the Wyoming Cavalry have joined
the league and also that a national TV deal is in place for 3 years.
This appears to have all the makings of a giant step for
all of Indoor Football

AIFA Welcomes the Wyoming Cavalry as its Newest Member

The American Indoor Football Association is pleased to announce the Wyoming Cavalry have decided to join the AIFA. John Morris Co-owner of the AIFA is excited with the addition of the Cavalry who has the reputation of being one of the best run minor league sports organizations in the country. The Cavalry has been actively courted by most of the indoor football leagues in America over the past several years and is seen as the gateway to the west for the AIFA.

The Wyoming Cavalry will be a strong anchor of the AIFA Western Division. They will play against other soon to be announced teams in the west. In addition they will not need to travel outside of division play until the post season playoffs. With the addition of the Wyoming Cavalry and the rest of the western division, this has enabled the AIFA of reaching its goal of becoming a true national league.

As its first order of business as a national league the AIFA has just recently signed and entered into a multi –year, multi-million dollar national television contract this past week. This television agreement will provide a national AIFA game of the week each week during the regular season as well as airing the AIFA playoffs, all-star and championship games. The AIFA and its member teams will receive a revenue stream never before experienced by any other rival league in professional indoor football. AIFA teams will now be able to enhance their success in their own local markets with added revenue, national recognition for their teams as well as their communities.

The AIFA welcomes the Wyoming Cavalry ownership group, the Wyoming communities and its great fans as they bring their brand of exciting football and tradition to the AIFA.

AIFA SIGNS 3 YEAR MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR AGREEMENT FOR NATIONAL TELEVISION BROADCASTS

August 18, 2007 - Tampa, Fl. - The American Indoor Football Association (AIFA) Owners John Morris and Michael Mink announced today that the league has signed a 3-year national television broadcast deal worth over 2.5 million dollars and with an additional split of advertising dollars could potentially be worth over 6 million dollars. The broadcasting company with all the details and other exciting news will send out an official press release on the AP wire next week.

“In the past 48 hours Michael & John went from Tampa to Phoenix to Los Angles to Las Vegas back to Tampa to Fort Myers and to Baltimore”, said Jack Bowman, National Director. “These two men will do what it takes to make this league the best in the country and today the statement was made in concrete ”, said Bowman.

The AIFA will have 14 games of the week, playoffs and championship game broadcasted nationally. “We realize that our owners need other revenues streams to be successful and with our league revenue sharing plan voted on last year they just got what they needed”, said John Morris, Co- Owner. This now opens the doors to national advertisers, which will bring in additional dollars to the league and the owners of the member teams.

“Our job now is to make sure that we have the right owners and the right teams that want to grow together for one dominant national indoor league”, said Michael Mink, Co-Owner. ”We have a great product and now we will be able to promote that product to help drive up attendance league wide,” said Mink.

“We will work 24 hours a day to make sure our teams are successful in 2008”, said Morris. “We have already made some tough decisions this off season and we still have more to make in the next few weeks.” We are in the process of changing the structure of indoor football and it is for the best”, said Morris.

Today, AIFA teams are located in 11 states across the across the United States. The league just completed its first season in 2007 and is working to complete west coast expansion. The AIFA All-Star and Championship game was broadcast nationally to over 40 million viewers. The Lakeland Thunderbolts (Florida) are the league's defending champions.
link to TV articlehttp://www.aifaprofootball.com/index.php?optio ... 6&Itemid=1

Congratulations A I F A and Wyoming , I hope it all
works out fine. This is a proud day for our great sport.

crusher...as always ...bringing you the facts.
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:06 pm

I find it nearly impossible to believe a league got guaranteed money from a TV deal when the AFL couldn't even get that.
What are you doing here?

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:16 pm

[quote=""exit322""]I find it nearly impossible to believe a league got guaranteed money from a TV deal when the AFL couldn't even get that.[/quote]

This is a very intriguing story. I wonder how much is true and how much is for show. If this is true, it will take that league to the top because it will add new and better ownership groups. If it isnt, we will see more semi-pro games and cancellations in the horizon. I surely hope it is true because it might open the door for more television coverage for the other leagues as well. I watched the UIF championship on webcast and although it was good to have it, the quality was not great.

S.Sox
Site Admin

Post by S.Sox » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Does anyone know what network will carry these games.?

S.Sox

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:24 pm

They will be on low-power over-the-air stations (obviously, some cable providers pick these up, as mine does here in Wooster) across the country.
What are you doing here?

Tater
Site Admin

Post by Tater » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:19 am

It won't be on Fox, NBC, ABC, or CBS. I would expect it to be cable access stations (read this "free locally created programming") and WB or UPN type stations that are usually piggy back stations to the big ones in town.

I agree with Exit322 here. There isn't any way it's "real" money. It's probably something like - "We'll give you 2.5 million dollars worth of advertising over 3 years in return for your product, and you pay the production costs." BTW, just to produce a game with production truck, 3-4 cameras, on-air talent, production crew, and satellite uplink truck (not to mention paying for the satellite time too) will cost $8-12K per game depending on how far the trucks and personnel have to travel.

TV is an ugly deal, and without tons of major markets, I don't see this deal working for the TV stations or the production companies.

Just out of curiousity, why would the Titans leave the AIFA if this deal were so "ripe" with possible cash flow?

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will withhold judgment. I don't know these new guys well enough to scream "rat" yet, but it's starting to smell like a lot of the usual indoor football league rhetoric to me.
\"If you want something done right...just forget it.\" - Neil Peart

The Abyss
Site Admin

Post by The Abyss » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:44 pm

It's all smoke screens and mirrors that's for sure and won't amountto anything.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 pm

America One?

I've been without cable for a few weeks while recovering from a small move, a vacation with my wonderful hooligan daughter, and the usual healthy dose of Portland Timbers games. Indeed, America One is in the UHF mix in Boise. I haven't even found any black and white programming in a few weeks, surprisingly. However, none of the programming has captured me into watching it. A pagan like me apparently has more use for TBN programming this week... go figure.

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm

[quote=""AIFA article""]The AIFA All-Star and Championship game was broadcast nationally to over 40 million viewers.[/quote]
FORTY MILLION viewers?

The Abyss
Site Admin

Post by The Abyss » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 am

I watched the UIF championship on webcast and although it was good to have it, the quality was not great.

Well at least you got to see the premier league in action ;) The quality was fine if you watched the game through keloland as I did, thier were a few glitches and the arena sucks for taping but the quality was just fine.

Return to “AIF”