End of Regular Season Rankings thru June 2nd

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
The King
Site Admin

Post by The King » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Then there should be no divisions in the league? This way the 8 best teams would have to be ranked and play in the playoffs. Would you also rerank after the first round in case a lower seed won? The only downside to this is the travel that would be required from some of the teams. Does the home team give any compensation to the travelling team? This would obviously help with some expenses.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:47 pm

[quote=""The King""]Then there should be no divisions in the league? This way the 8 best teams would have to be ranked and play in the playoffs. Would you also rerank after the first round in case a lower seed won? The only downside to this is the travel that would be required from some of the teams. Does the home team give any compensation to the travelling team? This would obviously help with some expenses.[/quote]

I proposed in another thread to have more games within geographical boundaries to save up money for a final four criss cross. After you get thru all of the smack posted after the original post, I finally got a solid reason why the criss cross would be bad -- giving an airline a 5 day notice your team needs to be in some other far off town for a game creates a situation where the airlines charge an arm and a leg to fly the visitor to the home team's site. There's no time to shop around for a good deal.

The moderator preeths suggested that as a possible reason. The other owners/employees of the league simply moan and groaned the fact I brought the issue up in the first place instead of answering the question. It's like the playground in grade school all over again.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:52 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]It's like the playground in grade school all over again.[/quote]

This, from the guy who says:
Check out the Family Guy on Fox TV!

Best episode -- Peter thinks he's mentally retarded!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

A single computer poll certainly shouldn't be what determines home field advantage in a playoff series, and one single computer ranking should definitely not change a system that makes sense and works fine.
What are you doing here?

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:41 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]I can put $10 down as a lead-off donation towards the effort.

Do you think Reading will be a worthy opponent? What if Canton upsets Reading? We could end up with another one of those 49ers vs. Broncos-like Super Bowl where the game is a blowout.[/quote]

A 4-loss Canton team "upset" Reading last year and came home from Rome with a Championship. (Against a favored 14-2 Renegade team.)

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:51 am

Ugg....Again with the salt in the wound!! ;)

Bobby Olive is a great coach. He led the Legends to upset playoff wins two weeks in a row last year including the American Bowl, no reason they can't do it again.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:03 pm

[quote=""Jamie""]This, from the guy who says:

Check out the Family Guy on Fox TV!

Best episode -- Peter thinks he's mentally retarded![/quote]

Good grief Jamie, what the hell is your problem?! Your acting worse than I did at a PTA meeting!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u079gJegI8
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

daytonadan
Site Admin

What Kind Of Match Should Jamie and CoS settle their differances?

Post by daytonadan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:19 pm

1) Steel Cage
2) Ladder
3) Joust

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:40 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]What Kind Of Match Should Jamie and CoS settle their differances?[/quote]

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:07 pm

But where's CoS going to get enough people that would "play" for him to field the whole MXC team?
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”