Titans vs. ThunderBolts

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
BigCountry
Site Admin

Titans vs. ThunderBolts

Post by BigCountry » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:29 am

What a game!

Enjoyed watching the webcast tonight as the Titans scored a well contested, but decisive victory over the Lakeland Thunderbolts.

Props to the Titans for the FREE broadcast. F'n love it. Uber quality as usual. One complaint: what, you guys don’t broadcast the away games? I will watch!

Prediction: Titans go deep into the playoffs this year, and play for the Championship of the AIFA in their Inaugural year.

CapnRusty
Site Admin

Not if we have anything to say about it!

Post by CapnRusty » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:37 pm

I won't take anything away from the Titans. They have a good team. The best that we have played so far this season but after a 5 hour bus ride and a lack luster first half on our part plus some very shoddy and I must say some what one sided officiating that won't happen again on the 12th of May! I would suggest to the Titan GM to get there a day early so that they don't get off that bus all stiff and half asleep. There is just so much that one can do to keep guys entertained and "up" on that long ride prior to a big game like that. I know because I was on that bus!
The Titans can expect some real nice music over the PA system when they are warming up too! They were nice enough to play Choppan or Bach or some other very laid back orchestral type music for us so we will reciprocate with some nice relaxing relaxation tapes or birds chirpping or water falling for them. Nice psych job though! It apparently worked! At least for the first half.... Speaking of Psych jobs I was unable to set up my "PSYCH ZONE" in their arena because they split up all of the Lakeland ticket holders and had us sitting in the nose bleed section of the arena. Maybe we can reciprocate with the same type of seating for them as well! I was lucky enough to be able to be on the bench with the team. It looks like I may be the new equipment manager/athletic trainer for the team. I may need someone to run the "PSYCH ZONE" for me the last 3 home games and the playoff's ( I know that we'll be there ).

TitanDrew
Site Admin

Post by TitanDrew » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote=""CapnRusty""]I won't take anything away from the Titans. They have a good team. The best that we have played so far this season but after....some what one sided officiating that won't happen again on the 12th of May!
The Titans can expect some real nice music over the PA system when they are warming up too! They were nice enough to play Choppan or Bach or some other very laid back orchestral type music for us so we will reciprocate with some nice relaxing relaxation tapes or birds chirpping or water falling for them. Nice psych job though! It apparently worked! At least for the first half.... Speaking of Psych jobs I was unable to set up my "PSYCH ZONE" in their arena because they split up all of the Lakeland ticket holders and had us sitting in the nose bleed section of the arena. Maybe we can reciprocate with the same type of seating for them as well! I was lucky enough to be able to be on the bench with the team. It looks like I may be the new equipment manager/athletic trainer for the team. I may need someone to run the "PSYCH ZONE" for me the last 3 home games and the playoff's ( I know that we'll be there ).[/quote]

About the officiating, I really didn't feel like it was all that "one-sided". The refs missed a call that cost the Titans about 15 yards, when a FG attempt by the Thunderbolts started with a high snap and ended with a 15 yard run. AIFA rules say that NO fake FGs or PATs are allowed, and a high snap that your holder manages to grab in the air doesn't constitute an entirely botched play. There was no where near as many flags during this game as there have been normally.

I'm glad you enjoyed the music! I've been enjoying hearing the music and hearing the comments being shouted from the players and coaches for the season so far. This was the first game, however, where some of the players actually sang along....some very impressive vocals from what I could hear.

I did see your PSYCH ZONE banner in the arena and made sure to point out how you and the Thor Crazies were in attendance. I saw a group of Lakeland fans at the beginning of the game in the lowers at the Lakeland-bench-side endzone. Also, congratulations on your new job!

GO TITANS!

THOR!CRAZIES
Site Admin

Post by THOR!CRAZIES » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:09 pm

[quote=""TitanDrew""]About the officiating,

I did see your PSYCH ZONE banner in the arena and made sure to point out how you and the Thor Crazies were in attendance. I saw a group of Lakeland fans at the beginning of the game in the lowers at the Lakeland-bench-side endzone. Also, congratulations on your new job!

GO TITANS![/quote]

WE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!! WE HOPE TO SEE THE TITANS IN THE 2nd ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS!!! Imagine how crazy that will be---lakeland vs. tallahassee for a chance at the championship!!!
THOR! CRAZIES---#1 FANS IN THE AIFA

Return to “AIF”