Detroit Lions New Owners of Blackbirds

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Detroit Lions New Owners of Blackbirds

Post by mrinsideto-u » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:58 am

It seems the Detroit Lions have bought the AIFA Blackbirds and have already installed their own front office people. The GM of the Lions has NEVER had a winning record yet still has a job. Well it seems the Ford's have done the same thing again. After losing 3 of their 4 games by more than 50 points, the Blackbirds have exercised their right to give current head coach yet another year on his contract. Does that mean the PIFL will not be playing next year? :confused:

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 am

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]It seems the Detroit Lions have bought the AIFA Blackbirds and have already installed their own front office people. The GM of the Lions has NEVER had a winning record yet still has a job. Well it seems the Ford's have done the same thing again. After losing 3 of their 4 games by more than 50 points, the Blackbirds have exercised their right to give current head coach yet another year on his contract. Does that mean the PIFL will not be playing next year? :confused: [/quote]
Are you trying to be the Chuck the Writer of indoor football?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:03 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Are you trying to be the Chuck the Writer of indoor football?[/quote] Not a Lions fan are you? And no I am not. LMAO

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Then what the heck was the purpose of your post? So what the Blackbirds suck. I appears to be an attempt to make a joke, but all I hear are crickets.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 am

So your not a fan either, let me ask you, if you owned the team and you got PASTED by more than 50 point's in each of your games, would you give the head coach a vote of cofidence? That is why teams like that go under because they dont make the changes they need to sooner.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:48 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]So your not a fan either, let me ask you, if you owned the team and you got PASTED by more than 50 point's in each of your games, would you give the head coach a vote of cofidence? That is why teams like that go under because they dont make the changes they need to sooner.[/quote]

You're complaining about the "dreaded vote of confidence?"

All that means is that the GM or owner or whomever needs to buy time to unscramble contract details before he can fire the coach. The smart owner doesn't throw more money at lawyers than he has to.
Last edited by Pounder on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:13 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]You're complaining about the "dreaded vote of confidence?"

All that means is that the GM or owner or whomever needs to buy time to unscramble contract details before he can fire the coach. The smart owner doesn't throw more money at lawyers than he has to.[/quote]

Good one. Never thought of it that way.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Is Matt Millen taking over the blackbird's yet. Still have that dreaded Goose Egg up I see. Way to go Chris, Nobody figured it out yet that he just CANT COACH,

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Sure looks like they won yesterday to me.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Thu May 03, 2007 2:51 am

Exit, are u serious, they beat a semi pro team from tampa, that win doesn't count, besides thay are just a fill in game. Good try, If they beat the speed this weekend thats 1 thing but,,,really, word has it the Speed have a new QB in camp.

Return to “AIF”